PDA

View Full Version : "She's My Machine" video

Marlowe01
08-18-2004, 11:09 AM
I just finished watching the Sam and Dave Show that someone posted onto the forums recently...a good time. I didn't think Dave really made any videos from his "Your Filthy Little Mouth" album, but I guess he did. There is a video for "She's My Machine", and I'm wondering if anyone has it that they can get onto the website.

P.S.- did he make any others for that album?

DavidLeeNatra
08-18-2004, 11:10 AM
ask the knox...

Bad Muthafucker
08-18-2004, 03:02 PM
i hate to say this, but the video for "she's my machine" isn't really all that spectacular. certainly not the type of supersonic, bombastic, over-the-top, fun-loving videos we've all come to expect from dave. all it does is cut back and forth between dave and his band in the studio singing the song to some guy riding around in a big rig truck. and the whole thing is done in black-and-white. i have a cheap copy of it, but i have absolutely no way of getting onto this website.

also, i've read that he did make a video for the song "night life" but only released it in.....(memory laps!!!!)....i'm gonna say europe. but it could be japan, i don't really remember. the point is that, if there even was one made, it was NOT released here in the USA. this would explain why i've never seen it.

Marlowe01
08-18-2004, 03:16 PM
goddam....I would do just about anything to see the "Night Life" video...it's one kick-ass cover by Diamond Dave. When they showed part of the "She's My Machine" video, it didn't seem like much of a video. Not what I'd expect from Dave. But the "Night Life" has to be something special. Well, we can hope and pray that someday that someone turns up with it somehow, somewhere. Thanks for the info and your help, though! :)

Bad Muthafucker
08-18-2004, 03:25 PM
not a problem!

Cato
08-18-2004, 06:56 PM
ok wankers. this is an outline of the Night Life video.

a nearly bald guy gets off a subway and then meets a lanky woman in the bus. and they take a walk together.

Fin

DeadOrAlive
08-19-2004, 12:40 AM
Sounds AWESOME!!!

degüello
08-19-2004, 02:15 AM
Bad-mutha's got it right. The "Machine" video is a dud, pretty much. Just black and white shots of Dave trying to be mature and sophisticated, looking like a jazz singer or something.

Doesn't suit the song at all; must have been toning down the ol' Diamond One in an attempt to blend in to the 90s vibe.

DeadOrAlive
08-19-2004, 03:01 PM
The song She's My Machine is pretty good... And the video is crap.

rustoffa
08-22-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Cato
ok wankers. this is an outline of the Night Life video.

a nearly bald guy gets off a subway and then meets a lanky woman in the bus. and they take a walk together.

Fin

LMMFAO!

Marlowe01
08-22-2004, 11:48 PM
lol...I love how BLUNT that description of that video was...

DeadOrAlive
08-24-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
LMMFAO!

Just read it again. Same here!

Loons The Great
09-05-2004, 02:00 AM
Great riff...great singin'...great barefoot on hot coals smoke and whiskey stained blues howlin'...an' great lyrics on this cut...an' that's fo' sho'...I like tha 'live' parts of the video where it looks like DLR is singin' some lowdown funky blues in a juke joint by the river with a broken sign out front and a moonshine still and a grill...and some dice...some cards...some hookers...nah that's a wang dang doodle fo' sho' nah...we got saw dust on the floor...

degüello
09-05-2004, 02:09 PM
The Blind Boy returns...

DeadOrAlive
09-10-2004, 11:06 PM
She's My Machine

Loons The Great
06-28-2006, 01:11 PM
She's My Machine...that's the ol' school rnb crunchfunk right thurre nah...well well wella...

audiospectrum
07-04-2006, 09:37 AM
Yeah didn't know about Night Life. Would love to see both those videos, my cherry is waiting to be popped!