PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant mothers are ignored

Steve Savicki
08-18-2004, 08:34 PM
It's no secret that in the last four years, the Bush administration has eliminated major protections designed to keep Americans safe at home and work.

George Bush is taking away the right to overtime pay from up to 6 million Americans, including nurses, cooks, clerical workers, and nursery school teachers.

George Bush allowed dirty power plants to expand without controlling their emissions.

George Bush endangered pregnant workers when he stopped regulating exposure to the chemicals used in the manufacturing of semiconductors.

George Bush rolled back mercury regulations and proposed to defer controls on toxic mercury emissions by power plants for at least a decade.

George Bush reduced protections for mine workers and eliminated rules to protect workers from tuberculosis.

George Bush gutted health and safety protections in response to pressure from top donors and corporate lobbyists. For example, David Lauriski, head of the Mine Safety and Health Administration, removed protections for coal workers, that he originally sought when he was serving as an executive of a mining company. Chemical industry executives donated more than $1.5 million to Bush's 2000 campaign and were rewarded with looser regulations that boosted corporate profits but put pregnant workers at greater risk.

WACF
08-18-2004, 09:24 PM
That is alarming.

Workers rights, including overtime pay...should be protected at all costs.
For anyone, whether they be president of the country or president of a company...anytime you knowingly endanger your employees health or cut their pay or profit shows a complete lack of conscience or moral responsibility.

How did Bush take away those rights and change enviromental regulations without a fight?
I find this alarming...

I work in a mine and am well aware of the fight that took place many years ago in my province to put mine regulations in place. They were done so to protect the employee's and their families. You never want to give up those rights...once gone they are hard to get back.

FORD
08-19-2004, 12:38 AM
More evidence of how hypocritical the BCE claims of being "pro life" really are. (As if a useless war for no good reason wasn't enough)

Ally_Kat
08-19-2004, 01:09 AM
Steve, linkie? Unless you got it from the "your assignment" part of the Kerry volunteer page, which I'm thinking you did because if it was an article there would be more information.

ELVIS
08-19-2004, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by FORD
More evidence of how hypocritical the BCE claims of being "pro life" really are. (As if a useless war for no good reason wasn't enough)

You believe this crap with nothing to back it up ??

What a hypocrite...

FORD
08-19-2004, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
You believe this crap with nothing to back it up ??

What a hypocrite...

Look at Junior's cabinet appointments.

The governor of one of the most polluted states as the head of the EPA.

A former lobbyist for tobacco companies, timber companies, and lead based paint manufacturers as Secretary of the Interior.

A mentally disturbed fascist who believes calico cats are the agents of Satan as Attorney General.

The CEO of a corporation which has, and continues to, steal billions of dollars from the American people as Vice President (he picked himself)

A guy who armed Saddam Hussein with chemical weapons and North Korea with nukes as Secretary of Defense.

A national security adviser with a goddamned OIL TANKER named after her.

It's only obvious the BCE has put corporations above the best interests of this nation and its people from day one :mad:

Steve Savicki
08-19-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
Steve, linkie? Unless you got it from the "your assignment" part of the Kerry volunteer page, which I'm thinking you did because if it was an article there would be more information.
No URL, it's an auto e-mail I get from

http://www.johnkerry.com/index.html

BigBadBrian
08-19-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
No URL, it's an auto e-mail I get from

http://www.johnkerry.com/index.html

It's also bullshit. The bitches don't have to work. Nobody is forcing them. :gulp:

JCOOK
08-19-2004, 10:29 AM
George Bush will come to your house in the middle of the nite and cut off your heads with an axe. He will purposley take food out the elderlys mouthes and pour cyanide into the water supply. He is also responsible for aids,crack,west nile,and polio.And he was responsible for the ice age,the titanic and the last solar eclipse.

FORD
08-19-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by JCOOK
George Bush... is also responsible for aids,crack,west nile....

Well, actually that was Bush Sr who created those while in the CIA.

ODShowtime
08-19-2004, 11:57 AM
George Bush will come to your house in the middle of the nite and cut off your heads with an axe. He will purposley take food out the elderlys mouthes and pour cyanide into the water supply. He is also responsible for aids,crack,west nile,and polio.And he was responsible for the ice age,the titanic and the last solar eclipse.

What a worthless response when the facts are presented in front of you. George W clearly is in the pockets of big industry. If you can't see that, you're blind.

If you know this and are ok with it it, fine. You have your opinion. If you choose to ingore the facts, then you are ignorant.

ODShowtime
08-19-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
It's also bullshit. The bitches don't have to work. Nobody is forcing them. :gulp:

I think this one actually adds more to the debate. At least it was funny.

JCOOK
08-19-2004, 12:06 PM
If you dont' like Bush thats' fine, I just dont' like when people exagerate and act like the man is the fucking devil himself

Mezro
08-19-2004, 01:31 PM
I do my best to ignore pregnant mothers.

Mezro...a saggy belly is a true weapon of mass destruction...

ODShowtime
08-19-2004, 01:45 PM
If you dont' like Bush thats' fine, I just dont' like when people exagerate and act like the man is the fucking devil himself

Jcook, some people get carried away, such as myself on occasions, but most of what I see typed in this forum about Bush is correct, no matter how unflattering it sounds.

He really is controlled by big industry againsts the intersests of most of the people in this country and this planet. Under a democracy, the equation is unbalanced. That will be corrected shortly.

Steve Savicki
08-19-2004, 09:42 PM
Finally, someone that can see the light like FORD.

Big Train
08-20-2004, 02:38 AM
Yes, that rose colored light shining on one candidate and the blacklight shined on the other.

I'd be much more inclined to be accepting of the evidence if it didn't come from fucking Johnkerry.com to begin with. That's like getting facts about Isreal from Palestine.

I've seen Kerry in action for over TWENTY years and believe me, if elected, within a year people will be having huge issues with him. If you think there is no corporate control on the Swift Boat Kid, you could not be more wrong. Not to mention his extremely close union ties, from the coattails days of Uncle Ted's Big Dig.

BigBadBrian
08-20-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
Finally, someone that can see the light like FORD.

Statements like this cause others like myself to conclude that you are nothing more than a half-wit. :gulp:

Steve Savicki
08-20-2004, 08:41 AM
Just like my theory that The Manchurian Candidate was a mistake to be released during the election year.
For those that have seen it, it was to hope the someone would shoot the president in order to get the vice-president to become the one in power.
My guess is crazed Halliburton fanatics who see this movie will shoot Bush in order to get Cheney to be the man in power:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/steve_savicki/29568.html

ODShowtime
08-20-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Statements like this cause others like myself to conclude that you are nothing more than a half-wit. :gulp:

Dude, Steve's avatar alone qualifies him for the hall of Fame!

Steve Savicki
08-20-2004, 09:34 AM
Thanks, I didn't make it though. Just found it over at

http://www.livejournal.com/community/bush_sucks/

where I'm sure you'll find similar ones.

ODShowtime
08-20-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Big Train
Yes, that rose colored light shining on one candidate and the blacklight shined on the other.

I'd be much more inclined to be accepting of the evidence if it didn't come from fucking Johnkerry.com to begin with. That's like getting facts about Isreal from Palestine.

I've seen Kerry in action for over TWENTY years and believe me, if elected, within a year people will be having huge issues with him. If you think there is no corporate control on the Swift Boat Kid, you could not be more wrong. Not to mention his extremely close union ties, from the coattails days of Uncle Ted's Big Dig.

Train, I work with Union people and the polictics of that is enough to make me puke up my own entrails and then serve them up to a pack of hungry squirls.

Of course Kerry ain't perfect, but he's also not a complete puppet of the military-industrial complex. Anyone who gets even close to the White House is already terribly compromised. But Bush is worse than that. Bush is a moron and his advisors are power and money hungry fiends. All they had to do was cut Europe in on the Iraq spoils and we would have had international support. But no, they gave everything no bid to themselves and their friends and allies. It's greedy and stupid and now we all have to live knowing the US is no longer on the moral high ground that I cherished my whole life. Fuck Bush and his gang. I know I sound like Saddam there but fuck it.

Steve Savicki
08-20-2004, 09:40 AM
The puppets are controlling the puppeteer.

Big Train
08-20-2004, 01:31 PM
What moral high ground would we be on if we gave away the spoils of war to those who wouldn't help us and fought us every step of the way? If you said we would have the upper hand if we just greased Europe, so that they couldn't be on a high horse, maybe I would agree with you. But that would make me sick if we did that. War is bad enough without greasing the pigs who claim they hate you, but are at your back door every night for aid and economic exchange.

Kerry isn't a complete puppet of the military industrial complex, but certainly at least half of him is, MA is home to most of the big defense contractors, which members of my family work for. MA is home to the dirty stuff as far as R&D goes, the smart bombs, weapon systems etc.., so believe me Kerry is a lot closer to it then he appears. Has been for a very long time.

If you think nothing is getting done now, wait till Kerry is in office and he is debating endlessly or letting Labor cash their check and having everything cost 8x as much to get anything done.

WACF
08-29-2004, 11:46 AM
Yesterday at work I ran into my mine's Ocuupational and Health chair for the union side. Would be like your Occupational and Safety committee.

He just came back from Pittsburgh, he was at a labour conference.
He heard exactly what Steve posted on the loss of the right to overtime pay.
This was an issue that many of the people there did not know about.
When brought up and questioned apparently the ones that knew about it said it was passed quite awhile ago but just took effect.
From what he heard bills like this are made without voters input...generally are kept quiet in order to make them pass easier.
For the most part he was told lobbyists generate funds, make donations to their senators and the support just appears when it is time to vote.
That is a scarey concept when big business can rule like this.
Is this true?
Labour must never give up rights....this is a huge step backwards.

What scares me is that many Canadian business are becoming U.S. owned...I would hate to see our government cave in to such legislation.
I know here some provinces have lowered the minimum age in order to work...extended work weeks ect.....I don't like it.