PDA

View Full Version : Instant Live

tobinentinc
08-19-2004, 12:37 AM
Has anybody heard of this thing called instant live?? They record the concert you are attending and put it on a cd for you to buy after the show. It's like 25 bucks. My buddy got KISS and Peter Frampton. Their list of artists is small, but it's still cool.

Va Beach VH Fan
08-19-2004, 06:58 AM
Yeah bro...

They had it when I took my 10 yr. old son to his 1st concert here, for KISS in July....

I didn't sign up at the time and I wish I had, he had such a great time, it'd be a nice memento...

The original CD's are selling for big bucks on Ebay (depending on the show), vice the 25 clams that they cost at the show..... You can grab copies for about 10 bucks on there though....

Wayne L.
08-20-2004, 10:40 AM
I think it's great for fans if they want instant live albums of their favorite artists after experiencing it but nothing will ever compete with timeless classic rock live albums like Alive by Kiss & Frampton Comes Alive by Peter Frampton.

Va Beach VH Fan
08-20-2004, 07:34 PM
I don't think anyone would attempt that analogy Wayne, if they do, they'll be foolish...

But for memento purposes, it's just right....

tobinentinc
08-20-2004, 09:34 PM
VA, you can order it on Instant Live (http://www.instantliveconcerts.com) for a reasonable price.

Va Beach VH Fan
08-21-2004, 08:08 AM
No you can't, already tried that bro.... At least for that show....

tobinentinc
08-22-2004, 01:03 AM
I'm sry. I have a burned copy my buddy bought.

Chaz Rock City
08-22-2004, 07:04 AM
I got the one at Kiss's 4th of July show. I perfer it to Alive 2 and 3, but 1.

tobinentinc
08-23-2004, 07:20 AM
I was at that show too, my buddy bought the instant live and burned it for me. Gene's voice is a little off imo.

Mr Badguy
08-23-2004, 04:55 PM
Kiss finally tap into the bootleggers cash cow.

It is a good idea, though.

It could spell the end for official live albums, though.

Which would you rather buy?

A CD of the gig you were at or an album that was taped on the other side of the world?

Va Beach VH Fan
08-23-2004, 10:14 PM
Yeah, and they're selling like hotcakes....

The line was at least 400-500 strong....

tobinentinc
08-24-2004, 12:49 AM
Tell you guys the truth, sometimes these instant live show the band's weaknesses and make the cd unlistenable. Without the visual effect you can hear all the mistakes made during the concert. With official live albums, they usually fix that stuff in the studio. It's a double edge sword

Va Beach VH Fan
08-24-2004, 07:59 PM
But you can also look at it, like I do, that the imperfections are what make live albums great....

Va Beach VH Fan
12-02-2004, 04:17 PM
BTW fellas, the company who is selling KISS' Instant Live CD's, Newbury Comics, is now selling some of the shows on their website.... I was able to get the VA Beach show last week, and it sounds great....

http://newburycomics.com/rel/v2_searchresults.php?storenr=103

lucky wilbury
12-02-2004, 04:26 PM
alive 1 is about as live as ted williams. kiss even admits most of it isn't live. shit they had to overdubbed the audience!

Va Beach VH Fan
12-02-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by lucky wilbury
alive 1 is about as live as ted williams. kiss even admits most of it isn't live. shit they had to overdubbed the audience!

C'mon bro, you're overstating that just a tad bit, "most" of it ??

I saw the TV special where they discuss that in the studio, but "most" of the concert wasn't dubbed.....

I would also submit that most artists will tell you that certain sections of all live albums are dubbed due to various reasons....

lucky wilbury
12-02-2004, 09:46 PM
a live album isn't live when they have to overdubb vocals, guitars and the audience. EK is Eddie Kramer

http://www.kissasylum.com/news/askeddie.shtml
The True Facts About Alive!

Question: I think that you have done a great job with both Hendrix and Kiss. The big question is: Is it true that "Kiss Alive" wasn`t live? It really came as a shock to me. Do you think the Kiss fans will accept the fact that a live isn't live? I've accepted the fact that it isn't easy to get live acts perfectly into the master tapes.

EK: It has been generally known for many years that the first Kiss Alive album was not ENTIRELY live. We had to create that album from the LIVE shows with overdubbed guitar because of the fact that Kiss puts on a great SHOW with much leaping about. Obviously, guitars will not stay in tune and accuracy goes right out the the window. So, you fix what's not right.

Kiss and Ace Frehley
Question: 1. Exactly how "touched up" are the Kiss live albums, particularly Alive II and Alive III? 2. Which of the following studio Kiss records do you think is best, "Rock And Roll Over" or "Love Gun?" Why? 3. How would you describe the atmoshpere during a typical day recording? Briefly sum up each member's studio personality (who is serious, who is a cut-up, etc.).

EK: 1. Alive I had the most amount of "fixing" done to it. Much less on II and III. 2. They both have great tracks/songs. It really is a matter of personal taste. I like them both equally!!! 3. Gene is the most serious, then Paul, then Peter, then Ace. Ace is the "cut-up" of the band - however, he can be VERY focused for his solos and basic tracks.

VHII
12-02-2004, 09:53 PM
would any one mind posting any of the instant live KISS songs on here? I went to Holmdel, and unfortunatly they didnt tape the show, a big dissappointment

Va Beach VH Fan
12-03-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by lucky wilbury
a live album isn't live when they have to overdubb vocals, guitars and the audience. EK is Eddie Kramer

http://www.kissasylum.com/news/askeddie.shtml
The True Facts About Alive!

Question: I think that you have done a great job with both Hendrix and Kiss. The big question is: Is it true that "Kiss Alive" wasn`t live? It really came as a shock to me. Do you think the Kiss fans will accept the fact that a live isn't live? I've accepted the fact that it isn't easy to get live acts perfectly into the master tapes.

EK: It has been generally known for many years that the first Kiss Alive album was not ENTIRELY live. We had to create that album from the LIVE shows with overdubbed guitar because of the fact that Kiss puts on a great SHOW with much leaping about. Obviously, guitars will not stay in tune and accuracy goes right out the the window. So, you fix what's not right.

Kiss and Ace Frehley
Question: 1. Exactly how "touched up" are the Kiss live albums, particularly Alive II and Alive III? 2. Which of the following studio Kiss records do you think is best, "Rock And Roll Over" or "Love Gun?" Why? 3. How would you describe the atmoshpere during a typical day recording? Briefly sum up each member's studio personality (who is serious, who is a cut-up, etc.).

EK: 1. Alive I had the most amount of "fixing" done to it. Much less on II and III. 2. They both have great tracks/songs. It really is a matter of personal taste. I like them both equally!!! 3. Gene is the most serious, then Paul, then Peter, then Ace. Ace is the "cut-up" of the band - however, he can be VERY focused for his solos and basic tracks.

OK I see that, but that still doesn't say that MOST of the show was overdubbed, at least IMO....

Overdubbed or not, it still sounds great to me...

lucky wilbury
12-03-2004, 01:03 PM
don't get me wrong it sounds good and i like it but i wouldn't call it live. that goes for any "live" album thats been overdubbed.

Va Beach VH Fan
12-03-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by VHII
would any one mind posting any of the instant live KISS songs on here? I went to Holmdel, and unfortunatly they didnt tape the show, a big dissappointment

The only thing I can find for ya bro is on Ebay, where this guy is selling 10 complete shows for 25 clams, which ain't bad at all.... He includes the Holmdel show among those to pick from, but also notes that show is from an audience recording, because as you said, they didn't use Instant Live...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29913&item=3857408146&rd=1

VHII
12-03-2004, 07:02 PM
ill look into it, thanks