PDA

View Full Version : Jagr to the Rangers ??

Va Beach VH Fan
01-21-2004, 08:47 PM
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/was26.html

Jaromir Jagr’s days as a Washington Capital nearly came to an end Wednesday evening, as reports from Canada suggested the 13-year NHL veteran was on his way to New York.

The Score, a national sports television station in Canada, claimed a deal had been reached between the Rangers and Capitals for Jagr. However, The Score soon retracted those statements and are now reporting that the two sides are in heavy discussions.

“Those are just rumors,” a Capitals executive told TFP. “Nothing happened.”

According to TFP’s David Pagnotta, the Rangers and Capitals are indeed discussing a deal believed to be centered on Jagr.

The Rangers are also in the market for a defenseman and may have interest in Washington’s Brendan Witt.

knuckleboner
01-22-2004, 02:20 PM
you know, i've heard that jagr's good (by normal standards) bad by his, play in washington is an indication really of how good lemiux is.

however, there's the other side: that caps players just do better once they're no longer on the caps.

of course, scott stevens disproves that theory. i mean, what's that punk ever done since leaving the caps?.....;)

Bob_R
01-23-2004, 12:09 PM
Local newspapers indicate it may happen as soon as today.

Full Bug
01-23-2004, 12:15 PM
Is it just me, or has Jaromir Jagr never lived up to his potential? Something to think about.......

DLR7884
01-23-2004, 07:14 PM
Jaromir Jagr cannot carry a team by himself.

DLR7884
The Caps wasted thier fucking money on him.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-23-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
you know, i've heard that jagr's good (by normal standards) bad by his, play in washington is an indication really of how good lemiux is.

That's true to a certain extent Boner, but not that much in Jagr's case...

Some guys, most definitely.... Case in point, Alexsey Morozov....

Without Mario, the guy can't find the back of the net...

But in Jagr's case, he was still winning Hart trophies when Mario retired in '97.....

By the way, the trade is official....

Jagr and $20 million to the Rangers for Anson Carter.....

But here's what kills me...

Outside of Gonchar, the Caps defense is almost as bad as the Penguins, and that's fuckin' bad...

So who do they get in return for one of the NHL's best players ?? An overated forward..... Although the Rangers have been hit hard recently with injuries to their D-men....