PDA

View Full Version : Yao Ming blasts teammates for a loss, China blasts Yao for being to "American!"

POJO_Risin
08-22-2004, 02:01 PM
Alright...Argentina hogties China...82-57...

here's the Chinese and Yao statements...

funny shit...

looks like China won't let their players come to the states anymore to play hoops...lmfao...

like they have anyone else worth a damn...

Yao was "an obedient child" with a "very good reputation," an official was quoted as saying. "Now, he has changed, he's more like an American, he dares to say anything."

The 7-foot-6 center, who carried his nation's flag in the opening ceremonies, blasted his teammates after his team's 82-57 loss to Argentina on Thursday.

"I'm disappointed in my teammates," Yao said. "We gave up at the end of the game. I don't think some of my teammates cherish the honor to play for the country. ... Were they nervous? Or they would not take their responsibilities? We gave up easily every time we came across obstacles."

The comments sparked a harsh response from Chinese sports officials, who derided Yao for "splitting" the Chinese team with his "irresponsible" comments.

Snoo
08-23-2004, 01:45 AM
About fucking time. Hopefully this is the beginning of Dominating Yao, not Blade of Grass Yao.

Tom Foolery
08-23-2004, 01:55 AM
I heard rumors on sportscenter that if China didnt medal that Yao Ming was not going to shave for 6 months in order to punish himself. That would be fucking great!!!!

Dan
08-23-2004, 03:22 AM
I wouldn't fuck around with a 7 foot 6 Chinese guy,fuck them anyway they bet us too.

Sarge
08-23-2004, 10:51 AM
YAO isn't American..
Doesn't he still have an interperter?
Breasts,
Sarge