PDA

View Full Version : Wanna help save a show that plays alot of DLR and VH?

Krystyna
08-23-2004, 07:01 PM
Fellow David Lee Roth/Van Halen fans,

Have you ever heard of show called the Powerhour? Well my dillema is that its been CANCELLED and is only airing repeats now.

Now, don't get me wrong...I know not everyone here will give a damn about some show that plays DLR/Van Halen videos. But I also figure that if anyone will care if may just be some of you folks.

I'm not begging for anyone to sign, but please consider it even if you've never seen the show. For fans like me and the 81 other people who have signed in the last 22 hours.

****If you have no idea what the Powerhour is all about, it was an hour long show on MMM, 9pm fridays that played ONLY Metal/Hard Rock/Classic Rock/Glam/80's rock etc.

Bands such as Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Poison, Motley Crue, Skid Row, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Anvil, Cinderella, Twisted Sister, Van Halen, Pantera, Ratt, KISS, Bon Jovi, Judas Priest, Jimi Hendrix, Whitesnake, Venom, W.A.S.P., Guns n Roses, Kix, Metallica, Quiet Riot, Slayer, White Lion, Queen, Warrant, Megadeth, Ozzy Osbourne, Alice Cooper, Dokken, The Killer Dwaves, Aerosmith, DAVID LEE ROTH!, Def Leppard, Lita Ford, Accept, ZZ Top, Helix, Anthrax, The Scorpions, Lee Arron, Triumph and Vixen were all played VERY HEAVILY.****

If you like any of those bands, please consider signing the petition. (However it is completely up to you.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------

So I present (to those of you who would like to continue seeing The Powerhour)
The Bring The Powerhour Back Petition. (http://www.petitiononline.com/TBBPHP/petition.html)

I urge any Powerhour fan (Or fan of any of the above mentioned bands) who reads this thread (Signed up or not...c'mon lurkers help out and click the link!) to take a minute and sign the petition to save the Powerhour .

The chances are slim obviously, but I assure you NOTHING will happen if we don't let our wishes be known to MMM.

Please sign the Petition! (What have you got to lose by taking a minute to sign and let MMM know what bands you'll be missing if it's cancelled for good?)

Thanks for Reading!
:)

(Email me: fireandice89@hotmail.com with any comments, questions, suggestions, hate mail, death threats etc...anything...I can take it.)

Hummarstra
08-23-2004, 10:26 PM
Yo, you posted this in the main. What the fuck?

What is MMM anyway?

Krystyna
08-23-2004, 10:57 PM
MUCHMOREMUSIC

www.muchmoremusic.com (if you need proof)

degüello
08-24-2004, 06:11 PM
Hmm... so they pulled the plug on "The Power Hour", eh? Sign of the times, I guess. End of an era. I used to watch it all the time, back in the day.

Do they still show "Loud"? (I think it was called that.)

Krystyna
08-24-2004, 06:41 PM
Loud is still shown on Much Music, but it has since been cut down from an hour to a half hour. :(

Powerhour was WAY better than Loud ever was anyways, which is why I really really hope this petition gets enough signatures. It's a long shot, but what else can anyone do?

Once a again thanks to anyone who has or is planning to sign the petition, any support is much appreciated.