PDA

View Full Version : Profiles in rock

Reverberator
08-23-2004, 07:06 PM
Does anyone know if there is a download for the classic DLR interview for ' Profiles in rock ' (some tv show ,though I don't know which country it originated from ) . I have the bootleg video which is now 20 years old and was always shit quality . It was done around Diver Down period .

any help would be apprieciated .

secrets
08-24-2004, 02:36 PM
I have the same poor qulaity boot of this classic, hilarious Dave interview. In black and white right?

It's from British TV back in 1982; probably late night BBC2 I should imagine.

Great stuff. Would be cool to see a quality boot of this.

Those of you who have never seen it can at least read it here:

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7332

Reverberator
08-24-2004, 03:29 PM
Yea sounds like the one , that vids had me rolling about for 20 years.

I suppose what has confused me is that on the same tape there is a lot of vids of VH that are from Aussie tv .

Do you think that the interveiwer Doug (can't hear last name on the tape) sounds English?

secrets
08-24-2004, 05:46 PM
It is hilarious some classic Dave quotes there not to be missed.

It's Doug Pringle I think. Sounds English but could be Aussie.

I'll have to see it again.

My video is called Van Halen Video Archive Vol 1.

Starts with 1979 live in California TV special finishes with a very bad audience shot of the montreal 1984 show. Some very cool DLR interviews here though including MTV 1981 interview. Not sure if this is the same as yours.

Reverberator
08-24-2004, 07:38 PM
No mine is a proper mishmash , starts off with 'The interview' and then goes into vids like u really got me , Jamies cryin , unchained and more.

Then it steps forward to 1984 Donnington and a fucking cool interveiw with Dave and AVH and AC/DC !

Then there are more vids another interview and pretty woman twice .

So can you see why I'm confused ?

Thanks for the Doug Pringle bit I'll do a bit of research .

Reverberator
08-25-2004, 07:29 AM
It seems that the profiles in rock series was made by City TV of Toronto,and Doug Pringle was a British ex pat who worked in radio and tv in Canada.

My tape therefore seems to be cobbled together fromCanadian , Austrailian and British tv (the donnington interview is Andy Kershaw for Whistle Test).

No luck at finding a better quality interview though .
:(

secrets
08-25-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Reverberator
It seems that the profiles in rock series was made by City TV of Toronto,and Doug Pringle was a British ex pat who worked in radio and tv in Canada.

That makes sense. Wonder if any one from Canada here has any info on this?

Reverberator
08-25-2004, 07:04 PM
Yeah come on you canadians give us some imformation about the best interview Dave ever did .

Hey , Secrets I bet that it took a while to type it out for the masses.

You have the big five from me .

secrets
08-26-2004, 05:47 PM
Yeah it took a while but I love that interview it's my favourite.

Hey you got the big 5 too.

Cheers mate.

Reverberator
08-26-2004, 08:09 PM
Yes cheers for that , don't look in the rear veiw mirror eh !

I am sure that one day someone will see a market for such comedy and hopefully they will have a recording that they can make available .

Heres hoping , keep u posted.

Boomer
08-27-2004, 02:42 PM
I'm in the UK, it was this interview that turned me on to VH. I have a colour (2nd/3rd generation version of this show on VHS.

Reverberator
08-28-2004, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by Boomer
I'm in the UK, it was this interview that turned me on to VH. I have a colour (2nd/3rd generation version of this show on VHS.

First off all hello fellow country person :)

Yeah my copy is in colour too , I think Secret's could be bebetter being in black and white because the colour on my tape ruins the definition .

secrets
08-28-2004, 10:52 AM
Sound-wise my copy is fine, the image is not great it's black and white mostly but occasionally reverts to colour for a few seconds.

Originally posted by Reverberator
I am sure that one day someone will see a market for such comedy and hopefully they will have a recording that they can make available .

Heres hoping , keep u posted.

I swear watching this Dave could've been a professional comedian.