PDA

View Full Version : RAge Against the Machine!!!

DLRdelight!
08-24-2004, 04:25 AM
This use to be my number one band until i discovered van halen. I started listenin to them since the 5th grade because i would always hang out at my cousins house who was about 18 at the time and they would listen to Pink Floyd, The Doors. I Love this band. Any fans here?

smaz
08-24-2004, 08:11 AM
I fucking love them, they are one of my fave. bands. Great style, unique band. I have to say Audioslave are nothing like them, nowhere near. What's your fave song/album?

BruinJer
08-24-2004, 02:18 PM
Sorry but I can't stand Rage... don't get me wrong, I'm not one of these oldschool metal heads that can't accept the new generation of rock, I love new stuff just as much as the old, there is something about Rage that I DON'T like.

DLRdelight!
08-24-2004, 02:33 PM
Well my favorite album changed a lot of times. It kept going from the self titled to the Battle Of LA, but now i think i have finally settled on Evil Empire. I dont know why i just love that album. And my favorite song right now is Vietnow. What about you? Have you heard the songs Darkness and Clear the Lane? And heres a vote for you Smaz!!!

DLRdelight!
08-24-2004, 02:34 PM
Oh and yeah, audio sounds nothing like rage at all. I guess because it is two completely type of vocalist, but rage will always be better. Ever see them in concert?

Mr Badguy
08-24-2004, 06:20 PM
"Rage against the machine" is an awesome album.

"Fight the war...fuck the norm!"

DLRdelight!
08-25-2004, 04:20 AM
It is great

smaz
08-25-2004, 04:19 PM
Nah I never got to see them unfortunatly. They split up before I got to into them I think. Favourite song changes a lot, I like Sleep Now in the Fire and Testify from Battle of L.A. and Killing in the Name of and Bombtrack from the self titled one I think it is?? Favourite album is probably Battle of L.A., It's got some killer tracks on it. You ever get to see them?? Also Evil Empire, I have it but I havn't really listened to it, at a first blast I didn't like it too much.

DLRdelight!
08-25-2004, 04:22 PM
Yeah i didnt like evil empire at first either, but it just grew on me. And i never got to see them live either unfortunately. Man how i wish i could have

smaz
08-25-2004, 04:41 PM
I saw footage of them at a festival and they sounded great. It would have been ace to have seen them.

DLRdelight!
08-25-2004, 04:43 PM
Yeah. It was like, how was i supose to know they were going to end. My cousins went when they played outside of staples center in LA and i wish they had invited me, but those bastards didnt!!! Ever hear the album Live & Rare?

smaz
08-25-2004, 04:56 PM
Not heard it.

DLRdelight!
08-25-2004, 05:00 PM
Well its just a bunch of live songs with two rare songs. I saw it once and didnt have money, cost 30 bux!!!! So i go back the next day n it aint there. # months later i stumble on it n im like fuck that shit im gettin it. The two songs are "darkness" and "clear the lane" I love clear the lane.

smaz
08-25-2004, 05:01 PM
Is it the one with the red cover??

DLRdelight!
08-25-2004, 05:03 PM
ummm no

DLRdelight!
08-25-2004, 05:05 PM
shit i fucked up. The one you are talking about s the latest one. This one just has a bunch of people in the from with an acordian and itst titled. Rage against the machine live & rare. Its an import from japan. How best buy had it when i found it, have no clue

smaz
08-25-2004, 05:15 PM
Ahh the latest one was there last performance wasn't it?

Rikk
08-25-2004, 05:19 PM
I love 'em. I think they were great...lyrically they were vital, and musically they just rocked!!! I also love Soundgarden (even more), but think Audioslave is just a dull mixing of both bands. Both Rage and Soundgarden were so much better than Audioslave. It's like the overall being less than the sum of its parts.

Oh, and I saw Rage live...summer 1993 (soon after the first album broke). It was Lollapalooza, first act...hour-long set. The whole first album. I was something like fifth row...got crushed. It was one of the best sets I've ever seen. I went out and bought the album two or three days later!

DLRdelight!
08-25-2004, 06:19 PM
Man that is kick ass!!! I just wish i could have seen them. Why did they have to split, anyone know?

DLRdelight!
08-25-2004, 06:20 PM
Yes the latest one is there last live performance