PDA

View Full Version : Sarge's little helper

lms2
08-24-2004, 10:21 PM
How many words can you put in a post before Sarge's Little Helper starts butting in. I really feel like he is taking sides.

Also, if you want to reply to a quote, what is the proper syntax to use so you can divide their original post and your reply leaving theirs highlihted and yours not.

:confused:

SoCalChelle
08-24-2004, 11:06 PM
Type [ quote ] without the spaces and then the thing you want to quote. Put [ /quote ] without the spaces at the end.

Sarge's Little Helper just says that ("I wasn't listening....") at the end of very long posts. It's just a bot...can't pick on you on purpose. ;)

lms2
08-24-2004, 11:31 PM
Gosh, thats almost too much work to be worth it.

It may just be me, I didn't count words, but Holmes' post was pretty long and the bot didn't say anything.

I really like Arielle much better.

SoCalChelle
08-24-2004, 11:42 PM
Yeah, Arielle's cool....except she keeps flipping me off.

guwapo_rocker
08-25-2004, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by lms2
but Holmes' post was pretty long

:D :D :D

lms2
08-25-2004, 12:36 AM
G. Is there a hidden meaning in that "long post" bit...You've got to be kidding. Real men with real you know whats don't act like that.

*laughing anyway, even if its not funny*

Chelle, Arielle is just like the rest of us. Most of the time she's a sweety, but we all have our days. :)

Panamark
08-25-2004, 05:17 AM
Actually Sarge's little helper sent me a PM telling me he has a prob with you LMS2 ! :p

smaz
08-25-2004, 06:05 PM
but Holmes' post was pretty long

:lol: Well spotted Guwapo!!! Bwahahahaaaaa..............

lms2
08-25-2004, 06:15 PM
I don't care much for him either right at the moment! I even tried voting for him to get him to be nice to me. Last time i'm gonna kiss up to a freakin bot. (Excpet Arielle.) ;) :)

lms2
08-26-2004, 01:30 AM
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&forumid=13&threadid=9573

Just an example of yet another "long post" that did not get a response from SLH.

How do you disable the little twerp?

lms2
08-28-2004, 04:58 PM
Alright. Out with it. I realize I don't always agree with popular opinion. I can handle people not liking me or not agreeing with me. Most of the people on these boards are haterz of one sort or another. I realize I get a little long winded sometimes, and that most people ignore me. I can even deal with that.

I see posts a mile long all the time, and Sarge's Little Helper doesn't say a word. (and I don't mean that kind of post either guwapo and smaz ;) )

I have been noticing something new now as well. As soon as I post on a topic, the topic gets marked with a little blue box and a check mark. WTF is up with that?

People will banish other sheep to the pens for saying the same things I say. I have never been sent there.

People argue both sides of the topic all the time, but not with me. The newbies might, till they have been here a week or so. (My personal thought is just that I make too much f**cking sense and you old timers don't dare.)

If you guys want me to leave, you are just going to have to come right out and say so. I realize it is not the army way to ban people, but a suggestion might go a long way.

Panamark
08-29-2004, 08:25 AM
Dont leave Linda.

You are way too cool !! You contribute a lot..

-Mark

lms2
08-29-2004, 09:34 AM
Hey Panamark,

Thank you. Notice the "might" was italicized. ;) I enjoy this site way too much to get chased off by a bot! At least Arielle will talk to you after she flips you off. S.L.H. on the other hand is very hard to fight with, or get along with.

Linda

SoCalChelle
08-29-2004, 01:37 PM
I have been noticing something new now as well. As soon as I post on a topic, the topic gets marked with a little blue box and a check mark. WTF is up with that?

That's a pretty cool feature, actually. That way you can see right away which threads you've posted in. Like if you're trying to remember, "Which thread was it where we were discovering what an asswipe John Holmes is?" Then you see the little check mark next to the Wolfie thread and there ya go ;)

lms2
08-29-2004, 08:10 PM
LOL. Is that what that means. I was starting to think it was some secret code... In case you haven't been following that thread anymore, now Holmes claims he is a shrink. Thats a scary thought. :0

SoCalChelle
08-29-2004, 08:54 PM
I gave up on that thread a while ago.

lms2
08-29-2004, 09:10 PM
Smart move.

Panamark
08-31-2004, 03:00 AM
Hey Panamark,

Thank you. Notice the "might" was italicized. ;) I enjoy this site way too much to get chased off by a bot! At least Arielle will talk to you after she flips you off. S.L.H. on the other hand is very hard to fight with, or get along with.

Linda

Phew, you had me worried ! :)

I enjoy your posts. You put a lot of thought into them !