PDA

View Full Version : Heinz-Kerry: I'm No Hillary Clinton

John Ashcroft
01-22-2004, 04:23 PM
Teresa Heinz-Kerry, wife of newly anointed Democratic presidential front-runner Sen. John Kerry, has rejected the "buy-one-get-one-free" slogan adopted by Bill and Hillary Clinton in 1992, promising she won't meddle in policy debates and won't barge in on Capitol Hill to testify about her pet projects if her husband wins the White House.

Asked if she was offering voters a "two-for-one when you're out there on the campaign trail," Heinz-Kerry told MSNBC's Deborah Norville Wednesday night: "No. No, not really two for one, because I don't ... do policy."

"And I don't go and testify unless I'm asked to because it is something that is being done that is interesting," she added.

Mrs. Clinton's 1994 congressional testimony on health care reform was widely seen as undermining support for the major policy initiative of her co-presidency, a performance that contributed to Democrats losing control of the Congress that November.

Even before her husband's big win in Iowa, the ketchup heiress-turned-first-lady-wannabe had taken steps to distance herself from Mrs. Clinton's most notorious 1992 campaign blooper, her proclamation that she didn't want to stay at home, bake cookies and have teas.

At one stop along the campaign trail, Heinz-Kerry actually told reporters that she enjoyed staying home and having tea with her three sons, saying, "I wouldn't have missed that for anything."

Link: here (http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/1/22/133559.shtml)

BigBadBrian
01-22-2004, 04:25 PM
Maybe she can get military mess halls Heinz Ketchup rather than those inferior off-the-wall brands like they usually have. :cool:

BITEYOASS
01-25-2004, 09:55 PM
Here is a little inside info on Kerry that I got from a member in my yahoo! club; AO SHACK:

Forwarded by a friend............

---------------------------------------
Got this from my ex-brother-in-law, who was a gunner (quad 50s) on a Swift
Boat in IV Corps.

----------------------------------------

Subj: RE: Kerry
Date: 1/21/2004 7:32:29 PM Central Standard Time
To:

This guy Kerry is an ex-Swift Boat driver OIC, he was one of the types we
had over there who was medal hungry, he'd do anything to get into a
firefight & didn't give a damn who got hurt, just out for the glory. He even
went up river & canal systems he was told to stay out of.

After all the smoke cleared because of who he was related to, the Navy had
no choice but to ante up & give him the medals.

A lot of our crews refused to sail or go on patrol with the sob.

Randy

"IYAOYAS!"