PDA

View Full Version : Banning Gay Marriage: Bush is a Homophobe

Marlowe01
08-26-2004, 01:53 PM
This gay marriage amendment thing has gone a little too far. I'm not really for it or against it but I don't understand why it's such a big deal. Let 'em get married! Who CARES?! Bush has a problem if he's a big enough homophobe to try and pass an AMENDMENT banning it. Get real, DUBYA!

Don Corleone
08-26-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Marlowe01
Bush has a problem if he's a big enough homophobe

What? He's afraid of his house?

Marlowe01
08-26-2004, 05:44 PM
a homophobe is someone who's afraid of homosexuals, dumbass

Warham
08-26-2004, 05:47 PM
Isn't this old news?

Let's concentrate on the traitorous John Kerry, shall we?

Big Train
08-26-2004, 06:28 PM
John Kerry doesn't want them to get married either, can we hold him to the same standard? Please????? It looks like such fun to call people things...

Pink Spider
08-26-2004, 07:14 PM
I don't believe we use the constitution to take freedom away. Prohibition was the exception, but it was repealed.

Trying to amend the constitution was a nice little diversion by the RepubliNAZIS and a few of the Commiecrats trying to keep attention away from shredding the rest with the "Patriot" Act.

Ally_Kat
08-26-2004, 07:27 PM
I think with all the technical speak, they should stop calling it gay marriage. Call it civil unions. Same with the hetero joining by the state.

When you say marriage, most people think church wedding and all that. Civil union makes you think more of legal rights, such as health insurance and deciding whether to pull the plug or not.

And then whater type of marriage service they want, whether they want to do the judge, some church ceremony with a denomination that accepts it, or their own ordain minister and have a party somewhere, they can have.

I think the uproar here is that most people are associating it with church and the such. And a fear I do have is that one denomination that does not accept it will be the target of some protest because they turned away some gay couple to get married (the wedding service) within their house of worship.

Pink Spider
08-26-2004, 07:59 PM
I don't think calling all marriage "civil unions" would work. The straights would have as much problem as the gays in calling it that.

It see no problem with calling ALL of it marriage. The fundies should get over denying other people the same rights as they enjoy.
I think they're too uptight and undersexed. Life is too short to go around restricting people's personal lives because they contradict your beliefs.

BigBadBrian
08-26-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Pink Spider
The fundies should get over

What is a "fundie?" :confused:

Pink Spider
08-26-2004, 08:12 PM
Its short for religious fundamentalists. Any type will work. :)

ELVIS
08-26-2004, 08:15 PM
You must be FORD's long lost sister...

BigBadBrian
08-26-2004, 08:16 PM
Its short for religious fundamentalists. Any type will work. :)

I knew what it was, but I was sure you'd discriminate against only certain religions. At least you're bigoted and intolerant against them all. :gulp:

Pink Spider
08-26-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
You must be FORD's long lost sister...

But, he's a Democrat and I'm not. Distant cousins probably. :D

Pink Spider
08-26-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
I knew what it was, but I was sure you'd discriminate against only certain religions. At least you're bigoted and intolerant against them all. :gulp:

I'm intolerant of the fundies that can't mind their own business and try to ban everything that's a "no-no" to their religion and turn America into a Christian Iran. That doesn't just go for Christians either.

ELVIS
08-26-2004, 08:34 PM
Christian Iran ??

Please elaborate...

Pink Spider
08-26-2004, 08:42 PM
Gay marriage is only a part of it. There are certain groups who want to be the moral police and ban everything that goes against their religion. Think Robertson and Falwell. Not all wannabe censors are Republican. There was Tipper Gore on the Dem side.

BTW, where's FORD anyway?

Ally_Kat
08-26-2004, 10:11 PM
I don't think calling all marriage "civil unions" would work. The straights would have as much problem as the gays in calling it that.

It see no problem with calling ALL of it marriage. The fundies should get over denying other people the same rights as they enjoy.
I think they're too uptight and undersexed. Life is too short to go around restricting people's personal lives because they contradict your beliefs.

But I think if they tried presenting it in another way, they could get more support.

And Ford's on vaca. He should be back in a couple of days.

knuckleboner
08-26-2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
I think with all the technical speak, they should stop calling it gay marriage. Call it civil unions. Same with the hetero joining by the state.

When you say marriage, most people think church wedding and all that. Civil union makes you think more of legal rights, such as health insurance and deciding whether to pull the plug or not.

And then whater type of marriage service they want, whether they want to do the judge, some church ceremony with a denomination that accepts it, or their own ordain minister and have a party somewhere, they can have.

I think the uproar here is that most people are associating it with church and the such.

but that's really just legislating symantics.

i mean, let's create an institution that EXACTLY mimics "marriage" but just call it something else.

to me, that's the biggest waste of time a government can do. legislation, that when you boil it down, is meaningless. it does absolutely nothing.

i understand how changing the name might make things more pallatable to people. at the same time, though, i don't want to pass a law, changing a word. it's either right, or it's not. a rose by any other name.

Ally_Kat
08-27-2004, 12:34 AM
I'm not saying legal change the name or create a new institution. I'm saying advertize it differently.

Pink Spider
08-27-2004, 01:18 AM
I think most people associate "civil unions" now with gay marriage.

So, you want gay civil unions for all? Good luck on that one. :p

knuckleboner
08-27-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
I'm not saying legal change the name or create a new institution. I'm saying advertize it differently.

i'm fine with that.

(i'd just thought you were kinda referring to bush's originally proposed constitutional amendment, which was pretty much symantic.)

Marlowe01
08-27-2004, 10:46 AM
Tipper Gore is probably one of the few Democratic censors, though---she started the whole Parental Advisory sticker thing and the PMRC. That was bullshit.

Don Corleone
08-29-2004, 12:05 PM

You really don't understand tongue in cheek wit do you?

BigBadBrian
08-29-2004, 06:12 PM
This gay marriage amendment thing has gone a little too far. I'm not really for it or against it but I don't understand why it's such a big deal. Let 'em get married! Who CARES?! Bush has a problem if he's a big enough homophobe to try and pass an AMENDMENT banning it. Get real, DUBYA!

If you can be a homosexual, Bush can be a homophobe. :gulp:

Marlowe01
08-30-2004, 10:54 AM
that comment was so stupid, BigBadBrian, I'm not even going to respond to it

Marlowe01
08-30-2004, 10:56 AM
calling someone a homophobe doesn't make you a homosexual, shithead

SoCalChelle
08-30-2004, 11:02 AM

LOL, you just did. :D

Marlowe01
08-30-2004, 11:11 AM
I meant it isn't WORTH responding to, even though I said that much.

DaveIsKing
09-03-2004, 10:23 AM
If we have the right to love, we have the right to not love as well.

So people love queers. I do not.

This is AMERICA. I have the freedom to "not love" queers. I don't love them. I don't like them.

It is MY choice. It is MY right.

As long as I don't infringe upon the rights of others, as long as I don't bash queers, I have the legal right to "not like", "not love" or even "hate or despise" gays. I don't beat up queers. But, due to my FREEDOM Of SPEECH I can say "queer", "fag", "shitty dick", "fudgepacker", "weenie washer", "cocksmoker", etc. Because we don't have THOUGHT POLICE (YET!) I can think I don't like spinach, slow drivers, dogshit, or queers.

This is AMERICA and you are a HUMAN BEING who "hates" things, people, groups and ideas!

Ok, fuckfaces who say "Stop The Hate". Ok, dickwads who pass "Hate Crimes" legislation. You cannot LEGISLATE THOUGHT, goddamn assholes.

Fuck the government!

Fuck you Nanny-tit suckers who need the government to tell you what to do and think.

BigBadBrian
09-03-2004, 11:03 AM

You just did. You took the short bus to school, didn't you? ;)

DaveIsKing
09-03-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
You just did. You took the short bus to school, didn't you? ;)

ROFL!!! :D

LoungeMachine
09-03-2004, 01:09 PM

Although I may agree with you on this one issue, and my beef the The Shrub is more with regards to his Flip Flop Waffling on this issue, I have a hard time accepting YOU calling ANYONE a dumbass.

You're an idiot. A young, moronic, Know it all, wet behind the ears attention whore.

You love to call people names in here [another cyber tough guy] and then run crying, starting threads when people call for your banning.

Go back to school.

Ban me????? oh no!!!

dolt

LoungeMachine
09-03-2004, 01:19 PM
calling someone a homophobe doesn't make you a homosexual, shithead

Ah, 17

what an age indeed.

you KNOW everything

EVERYONE who disagrees with you is a Shithead

The only thing better than being 17?

Being 17 and living in east treestump wisconsin

Yes, Marlowe, we're all dumbasses, and shitheads, and we also have been around alot longer than you.

Have you ever paid a mortgage?

Ever raised a family?

Ever served on a Jury, or in the armed forces?

Ever volunteer for a campaign, let alone vote?

Shut your zit faced pie hole, and go learn something. THEN come back and tell us everything you're an expert on.

Fucking little punk.

Why aren't you in school? Or at work? Or did you get the night shift at Dairy Queen again.

No, you just sit in here calling people older, wiser, and more experienced than you shithead and dumbass

Just imagine how little stock we place in your opinions

Anton LaVey
09-03-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Ah, 17

what an age indeed.

you KNOW everything

EVERYONE who disagrees with you is a Shithead

The only thing better than being 17?

Being 17 and living in east treestump wisconsin

Yes, Marlowe, we're all dumbasses, and shitheads, and we also have been around alot longer than you.

Have you ever paid a mortgage?

Ever raised a family?

Ever served on a Jury, or in the armed forces?

Ever volunteer for a campaign, let alone vote?

Shut your zit faced pie hole, and go learn something. THEN come back and tell us everything you're an expert on.

Fucking little punk.

Why aren't you in school? Or at work? Or did you get the night shift at Dairy Queen again.

No, you just sit in here calling people older, wiser, and more experienced than you shithead and dumbass

Just imagine how little stock we place in your opinions

BRAVO!!!

Marlowe01
09-04-2004, 09:45 AM
no, I didn't

Marlowe01
09-04-2004, 09:58 AM
LoungeMachine...suck my dick. Just because I don't feel that I have to shut up on any issue doesn't mean I'm a loudmouth or "Internet tough guy." I'm sick of being harassed by shitheads, (yes, shitheads) like you who find a mistake and then go with it, and never leave that person alone for it. Just because you have a couple of other tools that agree with you doesn't make you any better than me. What the hell does raising a family or serving in the armed forces have anything to do with me posting shit on here? For example, I don't have to have served in the armed forces to be able to know that we're over in Iraq for no reason...and that we SHOULD be in an area like western Sudan where help was actually NEEDED. Iraq COULD have done something to us...but never planned on it until we attacked them out of nowhere. There is genocide...virtual genocide in Sudan but we have to start a pointless war with a country that has never threatened us before. I have the right

P.S.- when I have ever given you the "bring it on" cue? All I've said is to go fuck yourself...because you're a (you pick the insult). Another thing: I don't think I'm a know-it-all, but I must come off that way to you. This is another thing you've taken the wrong way. I might have a big mouth sometimes on here but I'm certainly not a KNOW-IT-ALL...I'll admit that. Granted, I don't have any of the adult experience you're talking about, and I'm still in high school. But, that doesn't mean I can't post my opinions on here without your approval. This is America. I'm only gonna say this one last time---if you want to try to get along with me, go ahead. Otheriwse, stop criticizing everything I do because I've left you alone for quite a while now but you still feel the need to bother me with your "I'm an adult and know more that you", even if it doesn't apply to the post. Wanna continue doing that? Fuck off and don't waste my time.

LoungeMachine
09-04-2004, 02:24 PM
Blah, blah, Blah, Blah.............

One word comes to mind when I read you posts.

Ready for it?

MANGINA.

And please stop PMing me. I have no interest in even hearing your views in a thread, let alone your twisted little notes.

It's a confusing time for a young man like you. Don't be afraid to accept yourself for what you are.

Just leave me out of it fuckbag

LoungeMachine
09-04-2004, 03:26 PM
LoungeMachine...suck my dick. .

From what I've been told, this is a reoccurring fantasy of your's, however I'm hetero, and have no interest whatsoever in being there for you.

I'm sure you can find other circle jerks in your own neighborhhod to play with.

Big Troubles
09-04-2004, 03:39 PM
LoungeMachine...suck my dick. Just because I don't feel that I have to shut up on any issue doesn't mean I'm a loudmouth or "Internet tough guy." I'm sick of being harassed by shitheads, (yes, shitheads) like you who find a mistake and then go with it, and never leave that person alone for it. Just because you have a couple of other tools that agree with you doesn't make you any better than me. What the hell does raising a family or serving in the armed forces have anything to do with me posting shit on here? For example, I don't have to have served in the armed forces to be able to know that we're over in Iraq for no reason...and that we SHOULD be in an area like western Sudan where help was actually NEEDED. Iraq COULD have done something to us...but never planned on it until we attacked them out of nowhere. There is genocide...virtual genocide in Sudan but we have to start a pointless war with a country that has never threatened us before. I have the right

P.S.- when I have ever given you the "bring it on" cue? All I've said is to go fuck yourself...because you're a (you pick the insult). Another thing: I don't think I'm a know-it-all, but I must come off that way to you. This is another thing you've taken the wrong way. I might have a big mouth sometimes on here but I'm certainly not a KNOW-IT-ALL...I'll admit that. Granted, I don't have any of the adult experience you're talking about, and I'm still in high school. But, that doesn't mean I can't post my opinions on here without your approval. This is America. I'm only gonna say this one last time---if you want to try to get along with me, go ahead. Otheriwse, stop criticizing everything I do because I've left you alone for quite a while now but you still feel the need to bother me with your "I'm an adult and know more that you", even if it doesn't apply to the post. Wanna continue doing that? Fuck off and don't waste my time.

Im a know it all.

LoungeMachine
09-04-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
Im a know it all.

Yeah, BT, you are. But you also have the shit to back it up. You bring it to the table. You and I disagree on 90% of the non dlr threads, yet you've never needed to pull out he "suck my dick" card.

M1 is just another confused young man dealing with some issues

Big Troubles
09-04-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Yeah, BT, you are. But you also have the shit to back it up. You bring it to the table. You and I disagree on 90% of the non dlr threads, yet you've never needed to pull out he "suck my dick" card.

M1 is just another confused young man dealing with some issues

I dunno. Soemtimes I "wing" and blow it out my ass to see if anyone is gonna catch on to my bullshit, but so far nobody has. :D yet...:drive:

ELVIS
09-04-2004, 07:37 PM
You don't think so ??

Marlowe01
09-05-2004, 09:47 AM
you know what, LoungeMachine? I think I'm going to get ANOTHER screen name to screw with you and make your life a living hell by annoying you. I should go in every forum you go into and criticize everything YOU do, and not leave you alone, and give you gay speeches on things, too. I really SHOULD do that. But I don't have that much time on my hands. You'd have what's coming to you, motherfucker.

P.S.- FUCK OFF, already. Seriously!

Marlowe01
09-05-2004, 09:49 AM
you really seem like you want some kind of war to me

LoungeMachine
09-05-2004, 11:40 AM
you know what, LoungeMachine? I think I'm going to get ANOTHER screen name to screw with you and make your life a living hell by annoying you. I should go in every forum you go into and criticize everything YOU do, and not leave you alone, and give you gay speeches on things, too. I really SHOULD do that. But I don't have that much time on my hands. You'd have what's coming to you, motherfucker.

P.S.- FUCK OFF, already. Seriously!

Considering all of the PMs you send me, you DO have that kind of time to waste.

Aren't you the one who started a thread whining that you had to SELL your classic VH shit so you can pay your bills?

Economics 101 - Get another job, spend less time in here, don't dump your shit on us to pay your bills.

PS - how can I fuck off if you keep PMing me?

Your obsession with me is alarming.

Get another Job, Go back to School, maybe meet some GIRLS

try it.

Big Train
09-05-2004, 01:01 PM
IS Kerry not a homophobe? He is on the same side of the fence as far as his stance on legalizing gay marriage. Just curious why you would pick one over the other.

These flame wars are getting really dumb. You have to scroll through a page and a half of "You suck, suck my dick, I'm right" kinda posts. Get in the ring and debate on the issues merits Marlowe, not on this 2nd grade recess stuff. I think you have it in you.

LoungeMachine
09-06-2004, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Big Train

These flame wars are getting really dumb. You have to scroll through a page and a half of "You suck, suck my dick, I'm right" kinda posts. Get in the ring and debate on the issues merits Marlowe, not on this 2nd grade recess stuff. I think you have it in you.

You have WAY more faith in the brat than I, BT

"Suck my dick" is one of his better lines.

He spells it correctly

LoungeMachine
09-06-2004, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Big Train
IS Kerry not a homophobe? He is on the same side of the fence as far as his stance on legalizing gay marriage. Just curious why you would pick one over the other.

Considering how much time he spends with that fence post lodged up his ass I'd be surprised.

Pick one over the other?

IRAQ
DEFICITS
NO WMD
CHALABI
RICE
RUMMY
WOLFIE
CHENEY / HALLIBURTON
ABU GRAHIB
BRING EM ON
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
ROVE

I could go on, but you get my drift.

Ally_Kat
09-06-2004, 04:16 AM
Another thing: I don't think I'm a know-it-all, but I must come off that way to you. This is another thing you've taken the wrong way. I might have a big mouth sometimes on here but I'm certainly not a KNOW-IT-ALL...I'll admit that.

I dunno. He might get that from the "[insert topic of the day]...BULLSHIT!" threads and then how if anyone disagrees with you in them, they can suck your dick.

Not sure. Just guessing on that one.

Wait...here it comes...I'm being a big bad bully again.

Marlowe01
09-06-2004, 11:32 AM
OK, LOUNGEMachine. No, I was NOT the one who "had to sell my VH shit to pay my bills." I was simply looking for live CDs to BUY from OTHER PEOPLE. Maybe you should actually pay attention to the posts I make and not confusing with other people, dicklick. Another thing: I've only made 3, maybe 4 private messages to you, and you replied to 2 of them yourself. I wouldn't exactly call that "obsessing" over you. ANOTHER thing: I'm in my senior year of high school. Wait, maybe you couldn't have figured that out from my information by my name.

LoungeMachine
09-06-2004, 11:43 AM
You fail to mention that my 2 responses to your PMs were both pleas for you to STOP PMing me.

Senior year in high school and still using "dicklick"??

You're even lamer than originally thought.

Grow up junior.

Marlowe01
09-06-2004, 03:40 PM
Shut up, numbnuts.