PDA

View Full Version : If Bush is doing so great of a job...

Keeyth
08-27-2004, 06:10 PM
How come me and four other people at my work just got laid off today, and why does the company, in business since 1996, predict it will have to close it's doors by December???:mad:

FUCKING GREAT ECOMOMY YOU'VE GOT HERE BUSH!

WHY DON'T YOU GO SEND SOME MORE BILLIONS OVER TO IRAQ???!??!?!???

Tom Foolery
08-27-2004, 07:41 PM
maybe your company sucked at business? I for one work at a company who is kicking ass! I dont think the whole economy is suffering like the company you worked for. Sorry to hear about your job though, best of luck finding a new one.

Ally_Kat
08-27-2004, 08:19 PM
I'm sorry about your job.

The economy can't all be doing bad. My Dad does consultation work and him and his buddies are always the first expense to be cut when things are going bad for a company. He's been busier these last 8 months than ever.

Perhaps it's just a section of the economy lagging.

What business was your company in?

Phil theStalker
08-27-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Tom Foolery
maybe your company sucked at business? I for one work at a company who is kicking ass! I dont think the whole economy is suffering like the company you worked for. Sorry to hear about your job though, best of luck finding a new one.
Well, you're wrong, ass.

The whole country is suffering.

P

Seshmeister
08-27-2004, 10:39 PM
I love how when the economy is doing well it's because the politicians are great and when it sucks it's because of some global depression.

MAX
08-27-2004, 10:50 PM
Two of my friends opened a small deli in the mid 90's and it went sour after two years. It sucks cos they made some kickass country vegetable beef soup and a stellar reuben.

Anyway, by your stupid analogy Keeyth, I guess I can blame Slick Willy for that business failure ehh?

rustoffa
08-27-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Two of my friends opened a small deli in the mid 90's and it went sour after two years. It sucks cos they made some kickass country vegetable beef soup and a stellar reuben.

Anyway, by your stupid analogy Keeyth, I guess I can blame Slick Willy for that business failure ehh?

I see what you mean MAX, 'ol bubba spewed about the simmering
broth in IRAQ after he bombed it.

It's jaw-dropping to cuntsider the cyclical nature of Presidential administrations.

It's like inheriting a pregnant weasel sometimes.

Unfortunately, most folks don't seem to realize that policies often take longer than four years to untie.

History will teach us one thing maybe.....4 years is a drop in the bucket.

MAX
08-27-2004, 11:27 PM
Thanks Stoffa. :) It doesn't matter who is President cos we were due for a recession no matter what and 9/11 didn't help it at all. Jeeze man, I noticed the prices went up at the Red Iguana, damn that fucking Bush!!!! ;)

BigBadBrian
08-28-2004, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Phil theStalker
Well, you're wrong, ass.

P

How? Please elaborate. Your essay must be at least 500 words, double spaced, and have a clearly stated thesis. :gulp:

Tom Foolery
08-28-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Phil theStalker
Well, you're wrong, ass.

P

You're joking right?

lms2
08-28-2004, 11:34 AM
Happy Birthday BigBadBrian. :killer:

Did you really want the essay. I get a little long winded sometimes, and most people really dont want to hear it. But for your birthday, I am sure I could adequately explain that yes the whole country is fucked up, and no its not Bushes fault, and it may get better, and it may get worse, but comparitively speaking nothing has really changed at all except the way we look at things. Let me know. ;)

Keeyth
08-29-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat

What business was your company in?

Outsourced Network Integration. It's a tough racket I'll give you that, but this is Silicon Valley...:(

Warham
08-29-2004, 04:55 PM
Phil is a hypocritical cunt.

I tell Phil he's a asshole and he puts me on ignore, but it's alright for him to call Tom or anybody else an ass.

Did I forget to mention Phil is a liar and racist?

ELVIS
08-29-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Keeyth
Outsourced Network Integration. It's a tough racket I'll give you that, but this is Silicon Valley...:(

Should the government have provided funding to keep you from being laid off ??

BigBadBrian
08-29-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Phil is a hypocritical cunt.

I tell Phil he's a asshole and he puts me on ignore, but it's alright for him to call Tom or anybody else an ass.

Did I forget to mention Phil is a liar and racist?

Phil is a cunt. He is entertaining at best. He doesn't ignore us...he thrives on our posts because he has nothing else in his pathetic, liberal life. Cheers to you, Phil. :gulp:

Mezro
08-29-2004, 07:23 PM

Many jobs in the Valley are being outsourced to India.

Mezro...sorry to hear about that Keeyth...

tobinentinc
08-29-2004, 10:09 PM
It's not the president's fault your company sucks. Is it his fault wal-mart is doing so well?? No. Change of the market affects how business does. You are a moron for thinking that it's all the president's fault for your company's downfall.

jacksmar
08-30-2004, 03:16 PM
Are you in Silicon Valley or Inland Empire?

Cathedral
08-30-2004, 05:15 PM
NAFTA, baby...
It cost me in the mid 90's and it has been costing people jobs since.
Oh, and the guy who pushed that through wasn't named Bush, it was a Clinton i do believe.

Yeah, i know, Daddy Bush started it and it wasn't any better of an idea when it came from his Admin.
But the record shows that Clinton was the one that got it done and in essence, he screwed the American workers out of their jobs.

And also, 3 years ago i couldn't afford to pay attention, today i make damn good money, so the economy looks just fine from my kitchen window and is steadily improving.

74% of all new small business don't last the first 5 years, which is why they can file for tax exemption up until year 5. after that it is either profit or close the doors.
Some business just suck at book keeping and buckle under their own ignorance.

If you want to blame anyone for the economy being so bad, let's start by aiming at the Terrorists that hit us on 9-11-01.
Their objective was to bring us to our knee's economically, and they may have made us shake a little under pressure, our economy certainly didn't buckle the way they thought it would.
We all live in very prosperous times, the best in many many years as history has dictated.

It isn't as cut and dry as you that say, "I lost my job, Thanks to Bush" think it is.
Hatred can cloud the mind, and weakness will get your ass kicked quickly.
Vote Republican if you believe in America.....Bush in '04!!!

ELVIS
08-30-2004, 05:39 PM
Good one Cat...:D

Warham
08-30-2004, 10:13 PM
I was laid off in April. I didn't blame Bush.

It's all in how your politics lie. If you are a lib when you lose your job, you would blame Bush. If you are a conservative, it's a tough break.

Cathedral
08-30-2004, 10:25 PM
How come me and four other people at my work just got laid off today, and why does the company, in business since 1996, predict it will have to close it's doors by December???:mad:

FUCKING GREAT ECOMOMY YOU'VE GOT HERE BUSH!

WHY DON'T YOU GO SEND SOME MORE BILLIONS OVER TO IRAQ???!??!?!???

One more thing,
Get your ass of the computer and find a better job. Unemployment is down and a better life is out there for you.

When one door closes, another one opens up.
Or you could just feel sorry for yourself and bitch about how Bush cost you your job when he likely had nothing to do with it one way or the other.

FORD
08-30-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
NAFTA, baby...
It cost me in the mid 90's and it has been costing people jobs since.
Oh, and the guy who pushed that through wasn't named Bush, it was a Clinton i do believe.

NAFTA was Poppy Bush's baby entirely. His signature is on the bill. All Clinton did was push Congress to ratify it. Which he shouldn't have done, but it was the result of the ceremonial "last request" that an outgoing President often makes of the man who is replacing him. Clinton could have refused the request, and probably should have, but it would have been bad politically.

On the other hand, Clinton made a similar request to the BCE when he was leaving office. He told them to keep an eye on Osama Bin Laden.

Junior downplayed the Presidential request and put terrorism way way down on the list of priorities. And we all know what happenned because of that.......

diamondD
08-31-2004, 07:54 AM
LOL! Nice spin!

So Clinton pushed for NAFTA as a favor, instead of thinking of political repurcussion, but it's Bush's fault for not getting rid of Osama after Clinton couldn't do the job himself when he was OFFERED to us?

Warham
08-31-2004, 08:17 AM
The only thing Clinton was worried about when he left was to make sure the upholstery was cleaned in the Oral...I mean, Oval Office.

Orin Hatch said last night he told Clinton about Osama around '95, and of course, you know Clinton was too busy getting blow jobs to care about that.

JCOOK
08-31-2004, 03:03 PM
Ive' got an excellent job that i have had since Clinton was in office. I cant' wait until the day after the election when Dubya kicks Hermans ass to see all you fucking people snivel and cry, its' going to be great!

ODShowtime
08-31-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Warham
The only thing Clinton was worried about when he left was to make sure the upholstery was cleaned in the Oral...I mean, Oval Office.

Orin Hatch said last night he told Clinton about Osama around '95, and of course, you know Clinton was too busy getting blow jobs to care about that.

Dude, I have plenty of time to get BJs and still get all my work done...

BigBadBrian
08-31-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by FORD
NAFTA was Poppy Bush's baby entirely. His signature is on the bill. All Clinton did was push Congress to ratify it. Which he shouldn't have done, but it was the result of the ceremonial "last request" that an outgoing President often makes of the man who is replacing him. Clinton could have refused the request, and probably should have, but it would have been bad politically.

On the other hand, Clinton made a similar request to the BCE when he was leaving office. He told them to keep an eye on Osama Bin Laden.

Junior downplayed the Presidential request and put terrorism way way down on the list of priorities. And we all know what happenned because of that.......

Bullshit. :gulp:

Cathedral
09-01-2004, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by FORD

Ok, so then tell me why all these outsourcing claims about W. when it is nothing more than NAFTA 10 years later?

I know it was Poppy Bush's baby, I even said that in my post. But this whole favor thing is news to me. and a question there is why did it take Clinton 2 damn years to do it?
I'm not buying your "It was a favor for Daddy Bush" crap.

NAFTA is the leading cause of employment issues in our country and it has been for 10 years.
Personally, I think our products should be made here at home, period.

Warham
09-01-2004, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
Dude, I have plenty of time to get BJs and still get all my work done...

You missed the point, OD. Clinton wasn't worried about Osama Bin Laden, because he had more pressing matters, like the cum stained dress and Ken Starr.

Keeyth
09-08-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral

If you want to blame anyone for the economy being so bad, let's start by aiming at the Terrorist that hit us on 9-11-01.

You mean George W. Bush, right?
:D

Big Train
09-08-2004, 09:39 PM
I;m sure thats EXACTLY what he means Keeyth...

Can anyone tell me exactly what Kerry stands for/will do? Has anyone really scrutinized his Senate record (although Zell did a hell of a job, even if it did hurt Ford's feelings..)