PDA

View Full Version : Deep Purple

Coyote
08-28-2004, 04:32 PM
Personally, I love 'em. Especially the early to mid 70's material. Burn, Hush, Maybe I'm A Leo, Lazy, ad nauseum.

What's YOUR opinion on this band?
(No Mk I, IIa, IIb, etc. bullshit, OK?)

bueno bob
08-29-2004, 01:30 AM
My opinion? They fuckin ruled, for a while, should have split right when Blackmore did - both times.

Love Ian Gillan though!

Wayne L.
08-29-2004, 09:22 AM
Deep Purple is one of the GREATEST hard rock bands of all time with few equals. Ritchie Blackmore is one of the greatest rock guitarist of all time with few equals. Machine Head is creatively, musically & artistically a hard rock masterpiece which defines this legendary rock band.

bueno bob
08-29-2004, 03:20 PM
All time favorite track, I think, would be Fireball.

Terry
09-03-2004, 04:59 PM
Gillan
Glover
Pace
Lord
Blackmore

'Nuff said

badhorsie
09-03-2004, 05:42 PM
It's a shame they are a joke these days with their current line up.

I caught them a few years ago with Scorpions and Dio and they were pathetic.

Played mostly cover tunes by other bands like "hit the road jack".

Pitiful.

YankeeRose
09-03-2004, 11:23 PM
I absolutely LOVE "Lazy".."You Loosen My Strings" is a gem..

I like the way they work 'purple' into the album titles.."purpendicular"..

Honeyhunter
09-04-2004, 01:50 AM
that faget jeff gordon had that highwaystar song in a comerciel and it made me sick.deep purple dont need to be in that shit

YankeeRose
09-05-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Honeyhunter
that faget jeff gordon had that highwaystar song in a comerciel and it made me sick.deep purple dont need to be in that shit

Obviously, you are an idiot...Grow Up!!!!

hamlet31
09-05-2004, 01:17 AM
If that commercial gets one more kid to go out and buy Machine Head, it's totally worth it.

YankeeRose
09-05-2004, 01:22 AM
I love the end of it..the guy says.."I'm more of a Molly Hatchett fan myself." Then he just bows his head....brilliant!

Loons The Great
09-05-2004, 01:43 AM
I likes Might Just Take Your Life all vetted up by Van Rothin' in '74. That's what I'm howlin' 'bout nah ahh Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yez Yeah nah...

YankeeRose
09-05-2004, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Loons The Great
I likes Might Just Take Your Life all vetted up by Van Rothin' in '74. That's what I'm howlin' 'bout nah ahh Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yez Yeah nah...

Sweetie..got a copy you'd care to share with us? I sure would appreciate it....:yankeeros

ClubDave
09-05-2004, 12:59 PM
i love blackmores guitar sound......the things he did are amazing.......favorite deep purple song..........Black Night

DrGrafenberg
09-05-2004, 01:20 PM
Made in Japan is one of the best live albums ever!
If it's not in your collection your missing out :eek:

Matt White
09-05-2004, 01:56 PM
Never been a fan of DEEP PURPLE. ALWAYS appreciated 'em, just never dug into their catalog much. Dig MISTREATED. I think I'll hit the used cd store and pic some up. Always thought that BLACKMORE was a very talented guitarist.

Atomic_Rob
11-15-2004, 02:07 PM
Can't decide which album I like more: Machine Head or Burn. Both have some quality tracks on.

Smoke on the water Vs Burn
Highway Star Vs Might Just take your life
Never Before Vs Mistreated.

I agree with the comment about Made In Japan, that album is fuckin brilliant

Vivian Campbell
11-19-2004, 10:39 PM
One of the greatest bands EVER. Ritchie Blackmore is without a shadow of a doubt the master of the guitar. The tremendous riffs and solos he created will never be topped by ANY guitarist. The guy truly was a visionary.

Obviously, the MKII line up is the best just because of the sheer number of awesome albums. I loved MKIII as well, but they only had two albums before Blackmore teamed up with Ronnie James Dio.

My favorite albums are House of Blue Light, Fireball, Burn, and In Rock. Do yourself a favor, buy In Rock and play Child In Time at the highest volume!

Favorite Blackmore DP riff: Burn
Favorite Blackmore DP solo: The Battle Rages On. It is the heaviest and angriest he ever did. I love the sequence involving the dueling guitars. HE IS GOD!!!

Although I love Blackmore and miss his genius, I enjoy Deep Purple Marks that didn't include The Man In Black. Come Taste the Band with Tommy Bolin obviously didn't sound like classic Purple, but it was a damn good album. Very Funky. That album also show cased what a tremendous bass player Glenn Hughes is! Current Purple with Morse is very good. I enjoyed their last album, Bananas a lot. I saw them on tour this year and they rocked the house.