PDA

View Full Version : Ted Nugent in the RNRHOF

Wayne L.
01-23-2004, 08:15 AM
Ted Nugent " deserves " to be inducted into the RNRHOF in Cleveland because he is one of the greatest rock guitarists & performers in rock history with few equals while it might upset some of the " sensistive souls of political correctness " on the left since his opinions on animal rights & gun control drive them mentally crazy along with his " so called " sexist lyrics which upset feminists groups like NOW besides I give Ted a " little credit " for me deciding not to do drink & drugs when most of my peers were back in the 70's but you can't ignore the " impact " of Ted Nugent on rock & roll despite being highly underrated for some reason which is ridiculous.

Figs
11-03-2004, 01:50 PM
You're a real CUNT, do you know that? A real fucking CUNT! How can you be so shitty to people? How can you STAND yourself?

diamond den™
11-03-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Wayne L.
Ted Nugent " deserves " to be inducted into the RNRHOF in Cleveland because he is one of the greatest rock guitarists & performers in rock history with few equals while it might upset some of the " sensistive souls of political correctness " on the left since his opinions on animal rights & gun control drive them mentally crazy along with his " so called " sexist lyrics which upset feminists groups like NOW besides I give Ted a " little credit " for me deciding not to do drink & drugs when most of my peers were back in the 70's but you can't ignore the " impact " of Ted Nugent on rock & roll despite being highly underrated for some reason which is ridiculous.

Ted Nugent is a fucking cunt and so are you....

Have a Nice Day™

:mad:

pete
11-03-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Wayne L.

Well Wayne;

He did nothing to change rock music at all in fact the only thing he brought to music was a persona. His guitar playing, while above average, did not affect what followed or alter the course of music as we know it as this point. Paul McCartney hates his music and politics. I think you would like to know this since you aspire to toe suck the remaining living Beatles. I find itinteresting that Ted never drank or boozed and that he was sober when, in his heyday, he had no issue molesting 12 year old geroupies. His penchant for huntin and sexism did not set him apart in his day. Ted Nugent does not deserve a place along side the Beatles, the creators of Motown and soon U2. HA HA HA - It's nice to know Ted still has a fanbase.

Bill Lumbergh
11-03-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by pete

It's nice to know Ted still has a fanbase.

Panamark
11-03-2004, 03:25 PM
Ok, Ive made no secrets of the fact that I think he is a CUNT due to the needless slaughter of innocent animals.

But lets put that aside. Ive asked this question before,is the RNRHOF
based on worldly impact, or just US musicians ?

"THE CUNT" ooops, I mean "THE NUGE" has had little to no impact on
the music scene in our country. The music of his that I have actually
heard was uninspiring, to say the least. He reminds me very much of Solo Hagar. Something obvioulsy a devoted pocket of Americans
follow and support. But has no real signifigance outside the US.

Dave Matthews Band is another good example of this.

Personally I dont think "THE NUGE" deserves this honor at all..

Put Van Halen, Priest, maiden and Sabbath in there first...

Hell even Motely Crue had a bigger worldly impact than "THE NUGE"
skid row, warrant, etc..... Even these guys had more impact..

"THE NUGE" should be way down that list if the musician is based
upon global impact, not just US.

twonabomber
11-03-2004, 04:38 PM
Wayne L. in the Toesuckers Hall of Fame.

bueno bob
11-03-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
Put Van Halen, Priest, maiden and Sabbath in there first..

I would agree with this, but -

Ozzy and Tony are of the opinion that the RNRHOF is about a bunch of stuffy record company execs sitting around in offices and deciding who they want to honor. Ozzy and Tony's outlook is that Sabbath was NEVER on kind terms with the record company execs, and until the RNRHOF is put into the hands of "THE FANS" (who Sabbath was always around for, not the media) to vote on, they'll refuse it each and every time they're nominated.

Based on that Sabbath will probably never get in.

bueno bob
11-03-2004, 08:39 PM
As far as Nugent goes...he's had, what, 2 or 3 big hits? All I can really think of that went over REALLY big were Cat Scratch Fever and Stranglehold (both great songs), and then the Damn Yankees stuff.

I can see putting him in eventually, because he did have a HUGE fanbase at one time and I'm certain he inspired a lot of other musicians, but...I don't know...

pete
11-03-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
I would agree with this, but -

Ozzy and Tony are of the opinion that the RNRHOF is about a bunch of stuffy record company execs sitting around in offices and deciding who they want to honor. Ozzy and Tony's outlook is that Sabbath was NEVER on kind terms with the record company execs, and until the RNRHOF is put into the hands of "THE FANS" (who Sabbath was always around for, not the media) to vote on, they'll refuse it each and every time they're nominated.

Based on that Sabbath will probably never get in.

Ozzy would sell his likeness to a cereal company for methodone fortified Wheaties. If it was anyone else I might buy that schpiel.

I'm not gonna have the guy that would sell his own incontenance as a spokesperson for where Rock went wrong.

bueno bob
11-03-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by pete
Ozzy would sell his likeness to a cereal company for methodone fortified Wheaties. If it was anyone else I might buy that schpiel.

I'm not gonna have the guy that would sell his own incontenance as a spokesperson for where Rock went wrong.

Dude, they've turned it down every time they've come up for it since, like, 1993 I think.

EbDawson
11-04-2004, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by Panamark Hell even Motely Crue had a bigger worldly impact than "THE NUGE"
skid row, warrant, etc..... Even these guys had more impact..

[/B]

Well now, I think Warrant may be pushing it just a bit.

VHII
11-04-2004, 11:18 PM
hes pretty lame

Bill Lumbergh
11-05-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by EbDawson

Well, at least the "Cherry Pie" video was great jerk off material.

badhorsie
11-05-2004, 01:02 AM
Who cares the RNRHOF is a joke.

Bill Lumbergh
11-05-2004, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by badhorsie
Who cares the RNRHOF is a joke.

I agree 100 percent.

Panamark
11-05-2004, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by EbDawson

I agree, but truthfully, "Cherry Pie" was a huge hit in my part of the
world. More so than anything "THE NUGE" ever released...
My point is, if the RNRHOF is based on worldly influence, Warrant
in all likelihood, has had more impact than Ted Nugent.

I dont think either deserves a place.

Ted definately belongs in the American RNRHOF !

(If there is such a seperate entity ??)

flappo
11-05-2004, 05:37 AM
ted nugent is the kind of moron who thinks he's hard cos he can kill a koala bear with an ak-47

total pos and the sooner the cunt croaks it the better

Panamark
11-05-2004, 05:52 AM
Flappo, you rool ! :D

Snow Ho
11-05-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Figs
You're a real CUNT, do you know that? A real fucking CUNT! How can you be so shitty to people? How can you STAND yourself?

LOL pink flamingos!:o

Figs
11-05-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Snow Ho
LOL pink flamingos!:o

you got it! great movie; the only time i actually almost puked at a movie, i.e. the dog shit scene...

Snow Ho
11-05-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Figs
you got it! great movie; the only time i actually almost puked at a movie, i.e. the dog shit scene...
it took me several times to finish it! i couldn't make it to the dog shit scene. this is the best movie to watch other people watch it after they've seen it. this one guy i made watch it commented on the last woman raymond flashes "she's hot" he nearly flew out of the seat when that woman surprised raymond.

WolfStar999
11-15-2004, 09:24 AM
At least Da Nuge eats what he kills. He feeds his family EXCLUSIVELY on the game he gets. That's some pretty righteous shit in my book.

FORD
11-15-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
Ok, Ive made no secrets of the fact that I think he is a CUNT due to the needless slaughter of innocent animals.

But lets put that aside. Ive asked this question before,is the RNRHOF
based on worldly impact, or just US musicians ?

Here's the complete inductees list so far (http://www.rockhall.com/hof/allinductees.asp)

You'll notice that the first two years are all Americans, but that's consistent with the early period of rock n roll 1955-1962.

After that, the Brits come in, and it's all the ones you would expect. First the Beatles. Then the Stones. Then the Kinks & The Who. Followed by Yardbirds, Cream, etc.

So I think it's a fair representation of the artists who had impact on the music scene.

Only two Australian groups inducted so far though. One of them is Ac/Dc. I'll be merciful on a Monday morning and NOT mention the other. ;)

Atomic_Rob
11-15-2004, 01:29 PM
Dont have you have to wait 25 years since your debut album came out to get in there?

Mezro
11-15-2004, 01:44 PM
I don't think Ted Nugent has contributed jack shit on a stick to the music business.

A few moderate hits and those fucking Damn Yankees don't add up to a stellar career.

Ted is more of a conservative entertainer and beef jerky pitchman than a musician.

Mezro...bow hunting hall of fame sure, rock and roll hall of fame - no way...

FORD
11-15-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Atomic_Rob
Dont have you have to wait 25 years since your debut album came out to get in there?

That's correct.

Atomic_Rob
11-15-2004, 02:59 PM
And also, I'm not 100% sure on this, but you also need to be voted in too?

Panamark
11-18-2004, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Here's the complete inductees list so far (http://www.rockhall.com/hof/allinductees.asp)

You'll notice that the first two years are all Americans, but that's consistent with the early period of rock n roll 1955-1962.

After that, the Brits come in, and it's all the ones you would expect. First the Beatles. Then the Stones. Then the Kinks & The Who. Followed by Yardbirds, Cream, etc.

So I think it's a fair representation of the artists who had impact on the music scene.

Only two Australian groups inducted so far though. One of them is Ac/Dc. I'll be merciful on a Monday morning and NOT mention the other. ;)

THanks Dave,

Dont be merciless..

Who was the other ??
Easybeats ??
Inxs ??