PDA

View Full Version : Kerry Daughters Receive Rude Awakening At Mtv Awards

ELVIS
08-29-2004, 11:42 PM
THE BOOS THAT ROCKED THE VOTE

Sun Aug 29 2004 (http://www.drudgereport.com/kerrymtv.htm)

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040830/capt.aaa16308300156.mtv_awards_aaa163.jpg

MTV, ROLLING STONE and the rock and roll establishment -- past and present -- have cast their vote, and their man is John Kerry.

So on Sunday night when John Kerry's daughters were announced to speak at the annual MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS, the MTV youth were expected to welcome his daughter's as pop culture princesses.

Instead, in an era of the unexpected, the daughters of the Democratic candidate were met with a resounding wall of boos at the filming in Miami.

From the moment Alexandra and Vanessa started speaking, the boos outweighed anything close to cheers, and the reaction turned worse when the daughters asked the VIACOM youth to vote for their father. So shocked by the reaction, the taller of the two daughters tried to 'shhhhhh' her peers to no avail.

Developing...

:elvis:

freak
08-30-2004, 12:10 AM
The lesson of 2000 all over again.

Reality and the media portrayal of it are seldom in sync.

FORD
08-30-2004, 01:57 AM
OK, FORD is back to put an end to this bullshit.....

Just happenned to be watching the MTV show (what can I say - Alicia Keys is a weakness - she brings out my "Jungle Fever")

Anyway, the boos came when they announced the names of the Bushettes, Jenna & Tonic who appeared on a video screen on a supposed satellite feed from NYC where one would assume they're helping Daddy Dipshit.

It was the BCE spawn who got booed, not the Kerry chicks. The crowd cheered loudly when they mentioned their dad.

freak
08-30-2004, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by FORD
OK, FORD is back to put an end to this bullshit.....

By speading more?

Sorry Ford, people are getting fed up with having this biased shit shoved down their throats.

It's going to be 2000 all over again - An ocean of red and a few pockets of blue.

The whole of big media and a legions of simple-minded sheep will not make a difference.

FORD
08-30-2004, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by freak
By speading more?

Sorry Ford, people are getting fed up with having this biased shit shoved down their throats.

It's going to be 2000 all over again - An ocean of red and a few pockets of blue.

The whole of big media and a legions of simple-minded sheep will not make a difference.

Fact is that Drudge's account of the event was NOT what happenned. So who is shoving biased shit down throats?? Sounds like Closet Boy Matt is to me.

I'll give MTV credit for managing to get both the Kerry girls and the Bushettes involved as a way to encourage voting. It was intended as bipartisan, and only Drudge is trying to turn it into anything else.

freak
08-30-2004, 02:23 AM
Fact is that Drudge's account of the event was NOT what happenned.

Were you at the taping?

ELVIS
08-30-2004, 02:30 AM
First day back and you're telling lies ???

BTW, welcome back buddy...;)

Drudge played it on his radio show, and it was total BOOOOO!

FORD
08-30-2004, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by freak
Were you at the taping?

What taping? It was a live broadcast.

freak
08-30-2004, 02:36 AM
What taping? It was a live broadcast.

It was an "enhanced delayed" broadcast.

After Janet Jackson, Viacom isn't doing straight live stuff anymore nor is most anyone else. (Which is stupid, but, there you are)

ELVIS
08-30-2004, 02:39 AM
Drudge reported that the boos were edited out of the taped version...

FORD
08-30-2004, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Drudge reported that the boos were edited out of the taped version...

A 7 second delay wouldn't give tnem enough time for that level of sound processing. They couldn't block out the boos without erasing the entire audience track, or overdubbing a loop of previous audience reaction over it. Either of which would take a while, even for the best producer with the most high tech tools. So while a taped rerun might have been altered in this manner, there's no way the original broadcast was. I know what I heard, and that was boos beginning with the mention of the name BUSH. :cool:

Warham
08-30-2004, 07:41 AM
I just saw the damn thing. There were boos when the Kerry girls were speaking.

There couldn't be a boo delay either, because you could hear the boos when the Kerry girls were speaking.

Sgt Schultz
08-30-2004, 09:15 AM
When Hillary was practically booed off the stage at the Concert For New York her Viacom buddies edited all of the boos out when it was replayed afterwards.

BigBadBrian
08-30-2004, 09:56 AM
FORD is a FRAUD. :gulp:

JCOOK
08-30-2004, 11:41 AM
Ford ...Inever thought I would say this but i missed you, you crazy
sob I thought they were yelling boobs. Hey Ford since youre back maybe you can answer my thread regarding >> How did Clinton survive being elected twice and serving his two terms without the BCE whacking him or having the aliens get him or whatever they do?

Warham
08-30-2004, 11:56 AM
To really read some goofiness about aliens and the BCE, you'd have to read some of the stuff conspiracy kook and author David Icke puts out.

Diver Down NJ
08-30-2004, 12:04 PM
Who the fuck watches MTV anymore?

steve
08-30-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
First day back and you're telling lies ???

BTW, welcome back buddy...;)

Drudge played it on his radio show, and it was total BOOOOO!

I saw it on MTV as well. The boos happened when they showed the Bush twins on the video screen behind the Kerry girls. Then, one of the Kerry sisters tried to shoosh those boos - the boos for the Bush twins. This would have been impossible to see on RADIO... because it's freaking radio (ie: no picture)

That is what happened.

Then, all for of them got nekkid and Howard Stern brought out the tickle chair.

However, I cannot coroborate the latter part.

Drudge...news without sources, lies without alibies - and folks bye 'em up.

Warham
08-30-2004, 12:18 PM
I heard boos before the Bush twins were shown. When the Kerry girls were speaking.

ODShowtime
08-30-2004, 12:20 PM
Do you people really think an MTV crowd would boo the Kerry sisters? Elvis, this is the stupidest ring I've seen you throw your hat into. Get a clue. Note that this entire arguement is irrelevant.

Warham
08-30-2004, 01:14 PM
It is irrelevant. Who cares what the Kerry girls have to say? :D

Mezro
08-30-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Diver Down NJ
Who the fuck watches MTV anymore?

Who cares about the boos when Otto the Autopilot is your avatar!

Mezro...that is my president - Otto!

Mezro
08-30-2004, 01:29 PM
I saw the Kerry Daughters part; they were met with both cheers and boos.

Mezro...the cheers seemed to be a bit louder than the boos but it was pretty close...

Satan
08-30-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Mezro

Mezro...that is my president - Otto!

Even Otto could do a better job than Junior.

ODShowtime
08-30-2004, 02:10 PM
At least Otto would keep the mouth attached to his empty head closed.

DLR'sCock
08-30-2004, 02:28 PM
I heard cheers and boos and clapping and yelling....

The boos sounded like they were from people closer to the stage though....

Yeah, I watched it(well sort of did).....how lame of me and that show...

Satan
08-30-2004, 02:37 PM
Here's something I'll bet you mortals hadn't thought of....

The MTV awards were in Miami. With Jenna and Tonic appearing via satellite, obviously the BCE had plenty of advanced knowledge of the event. Could it be that Jeb's office, or the Florida Republican Party (as if there were a difference) managed to acquire blocks of tickets to the event, and stuff the audience - especially the part near the MTV microphones - with pro BCE cheerleaders.

After all, it worked so well 4 years ago at the Dade county courthouse......

Sgt Schultz
08-30-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Satan
Even Otto could do a better job than Junior.

Except that technically GW is NOT a "Junior" so you may want to stop saying that before you embarass yourself more.

BigBadBrian
08-30-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Satan
Here's something I'll bet you mortals hadn't thought of....

The MTV awards were in Miami. With Jenna and Tonic appearing via satellite, obviously the BCE had plenty of advanced knowledge of the event. Could it be that Jeb's office, or the Florida Republican Party (as if there were a difference) managed to acquire blocks of tickets to the event, and stuff the audience - especially the part near the MTV microphones - with pro BCE cheerleaders.

After all, it worked so well 4 years ago at the Dade county courthouse......

The little conspiracy men running around inside that little pea brain of yours just can't help themselves, can they? :gulp:

Cathedral
08-30-2004, 04:53 PM
I saw the show, and the Kerry Daughters were the one's that got boo'd.
Sorry, but facts are facts...

Spin away if you think it will help.
I'll also say that Kerry doesn't have a daughter i'd shag.
But the Bush daughters?
Oh yeah, I likes 'em wild, lol...

knuckleboner
08-31-2004, 12:01 AM
actually, cat, they ALL got boos.

anyone who says the bush twins didn't receive audible boos either wasn't paying attention, or has an axe to grind.

now, not that this was surprising. it was the video music awards. people weren't there for the politics. there were some who were going to boo anything that put a halt in the show.

but both the kerry sisters AND the bush twins got boos.

drudge doesn't know what he's talking about here. period.

diamondD
08-31-2004, 07:33 AM
I always tape it so I can blow thru the BS, and they were both booed. I don't see how anyone can say otherwise. But it did sound like the Kerry's might have been a little louder, but that's probably because they were there to hear it, so they tried harder.

Nice to see FORD is back to put an end to the bullshit. :rolleyes: ;)

JCOOK
08-31-2004, 08:40 AM
MTV....Well Iguess that says it all

Wayne L.
08-31-2004, 09:15 AM
The MTV audience makes Jethro Bodine look like Enstein by comparison so I don't think they even KNOW who Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry's daughters are as well as the Bush twins while the MTV VMA's are too predicatble to be interesting anymore.