PDA

View Full Version : Namath receiving counseling for alchol abuse

Bob_R
01-23-2004, 12:16 PM
For some reason I couldn't copy and paste from the ESPN site. So here's the link

Namath (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1715590)

Sarge
01-23-2004, 12:21 PM
weird.. I can't cut and paste it either..

Why would he go to counseling?!
The guy is a hilarious when he is drunk. He is Brodway Joe..that behavior is expected of him..

SensibleShoes
01-23-2004, 12:28 PM
At least he's a happy drunk.

Gmoney
01-23-2004, 04:21 PM
I hope the counselor is not female or Broadway Joe is going to want to kiss her!!!:sex: :sex:

alexpgrimes
01-23-2004, 07:14 PM
That is just a bunch of crap. Every 60 yr old guy gets horny. He just wanted alittle. You gotta remember he was used to getting any girl he wanted. He doesn't feel old and wrinkled inside so he thinks he's stil the same guy he used to be.

Sarge
01-23-2004, 07:21 PM
He doesn't see himself as a "Deep Fried Baloney Roll"

Va Beach VH Fan
01-23-2004, 07:54 PM
Namath undergoing counseling for alcohol abuse
Jan. 22, 2004
SportsLine.com wire reports

BRISTOL, Conn. -- Joe Namath is undergoing counseling for alcohol abuse a month after a television interview in which he slurred his words and twice told a sideline reporter he wanted to kiss her.

"Well, I've enrolled, or I've gone into a center, and I'm getting personal help there," the Hall of Fame quarterback told ESPN in an interview to be aired Sunday. "Yeah, these people are experts and we need to talk."

In an interview during a New England Patriots-New York Jets game in December, Namath appeared intoxicated when he twice told ESPN reporter Suzy Kolber he wanted to kiss her. Namath subsequently apologized to Kolber.

Namath said he had been drinking for several hours prior to kickoff.

"We had been going since 3 or 4 in the afternoon, and I did the wrong thing," he said. "I'm very disappointed with my behavior, because of how I've embarrassed my family, and the people that I work with and my friends and all.

"But, hey, worse things have happened. And, thank God I'm healthy, and we'll move on, and we'll make it better."

Namath added that "every time that something in my life has gone askew, alcohol has been involved."

Namath said he has not seen a tape of the interview with Kolber and doesn't intend to.

"That was the wake-up call," Namath said. "Even before that, I said, 'Yeah, I'm going to stop, I'm going to stop.' "

But he would always resume drinking, Namath explained, hopeful that this time he can become alcohol free.

"It's just something I cannot handle, and it's history," Namath said.

SensibleShoes
01-23-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by alexpgrimes
That is just a bunch of crap. Every 60 yr old guy gets horny. He just wanted alittle. You gotta remember he was used to getting any girl he wanted. He doesn't feel old and wrinkled inside so he thinks he's stil the same guy he used to be.

That's great Alex, but most 60 year old guys don't persue their dreams on national TV. LMAO!

Gmoney
01-23-2004, 09:38 PM
Maybe Joe can get EVH to hit rehab too and then they can carpool!!!:gulp: :gulp:

alexpgrimes
01-23-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by SensibleShoes
That's great Alex, but most 60 year old guys don't persue their dreams on national TV. LMAO! That's true but I would. Just ask Twona...lol

Va Beach VH Fan
01-24-2004, 09:12 AM
I can't blame Joe, I've had a Suzy Kolber fetish for many moons.... :D

Bob_R
01-25-2004, 10:44 AM
Does anyone have an audio or video clip of it? The way he says "struggling" is just hiliarious.

Bob_R
01-26-2004, 03:58 PM
OK, I found it in a similiar thread

Audio

http://www.bangedup.com/Current/NamathGetsBangedup.mp3

Video

http://www.b-ill.com/albinator/showpic.php?pid=3397&aid=36&uuid=2