PDA

View Full Version : Indian Larry

Cathedral
08-31-2004, 04:46 PM
For those who watch Discovery Channel and are fans of the Great Biker Build-Off's Indian Larry.....This story is for you.

Indian Larry Dies in Bike Crash (http://www.charlotte.com/mld/observer/news/local/9533189.htm?1c)

This fucking sucks donkey dick....

Ally_Kat
08-31-2004, 04:50 PM
Cat, it won't let me read!

Cathedral
08-31-2004, 04:51 PM
Posted on Mon, Aug. 30, 2004

Indian Larry

'Indian Larry' dies after stunt in Cabarrus

Staff Reports

Indian Larry, a master motorcycle mechanic and stunt man, passed away this morning following an accident while performing Saturday at the Liquid Steel Classic and Custom Bike Series show at Cabarrus Arena and Events Center in Concord. He was best known for his appearances on Discovery Channel's "Great Biker Build-Off" show.

"He was riding and standing up on his seat," said Mike Downs, Cabarrus County deputy county manager. "The bike started to wobble and he was not able to regain control."

Indian Larry fell off the bike before a crowd of about 8,000. He was not wearing a helmet. Paramedics were standing by and aided him until he could be airlifted to CMC, Downs said.

"Cabarrus County along with the staff at the Cabarrus Arena and Events Center sends its sincere condolences to the family of Indian Larry," said Robert M. Freeman, chairman of the Cabarrus County Board of Commissioners. "Indian Larry was a man with great skill and talent as a mechanic and metal sculptor. He will be truly missed by his fans here in Cabarrus County and throughout the nation."

Indian Larry was best known for his eccentric nature, according to his official Web site. His résumé includes movie, video and television.

Cathedral
08-31-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
Cat, it won't let me read!

Gottcha covered Ally, i couldn't get back to it myself so i just posted the article.

Sorry :(

Ally_Kat
08-31-2004, 04:53 PM
:( awh man, that sucks

Cathedral
08-31-2004, 04:56 PM
Yes, it does....
I just thought over the weekend while watching a re-run of his "Build Off" that he was getting too old to be doing that stunt.......

We'll miss ya, Larry!

distortion9
08-31-2004, 04:58 PM
Oh fuck! I'm blown away......totally dug Larry's work man.

Sad, sad day.

R.I.P. Larry....you were a true legend.

Flash Bastard
08-31-2004, 08:53 PM
That totally sucks. I remember seeing him pull the same stunt many times and wondered how often he did it. One too many times, apparently....

chefcraig
08-31-2004, 09:41 PM
It was of heavy heart that I initially took this news...it's of the same heavy heart that I put this.

Larry was an inspiration for some of us older guys.

I wasn't near his age, yet being where I've been, and being where I'm at...the man's art spoke volumes.

Rest for a period in peace, brother...then get up and mount your dream ride, and may your tank never be empty.

Salute...

...craig

YankeeRose
08-31-2004, 11:27 PM
Good bye Larry. Thank you for sharing your talents with all of us. Rest in peace for now you shall always be...in the wind...

rustoffa
08-31-2004, 11:31 PM
He was chopping bikes, not building them, long before a chopper turned into a 30-thousand dollar lipstick case.

RIP Indian Larry.

Magnetos still work.

classicdude
08-31-2004, 11:31 PM
Man, that just sent a chill down my spine reading that. I hadn't heard the news, but for some reason I decided to wear my Indian Larry shirt today. I fucking kid you not. Freaks me out. Indian Larry will be missed.

HELLVIS
08-31-2004, 11:39 PM
One of the very best.

INDIAN LARRY will truely be missed.

Cathedral
08-31-2004, 11:56 PM
=?=

horty07
09-01-2004, 12:12 AM
Thats sucks, from his show on discovery Channel he seemed like a very cool and all round nice guy.

chefcraig
09-01-2004, 09:16 AM
If you get the chance, check out the fitting tribute from Billy Lane and his crew in Melbourne, Florida at www.choppersinc.com

...craig

GAR
09-01-2004, 02:55 PM
http://www.ballcm.com/krissy/reunion/clutz.jpg

I shall now remove the Briggs & Stratton motor from my ten-speed bike in honor of John's bumbling mischief.