PDA

View Full Version : Baby Animals

SweetSecrets
09-01-2004, 09:08 PM
These guys/gals rock! Anybody else agree with me on this one? Hopefully you all have heard of them before! I love the fookin kick ass metal riffs backing her vocals. They have so much feel! I am totally in awe of this band at the moment, so I just thought I would start a thread about them! :cool:

sambo
09-01-2004, 09:28 PM
Great call, being Australian I have seen them on several occasions. Huge sound, great vox and Suze Demarchi would have done a better job than Spammy.

Vote from me for the thread... nice work

lms2
09-01-2004, 10:07 PM
i've never heard them...so which one song of theirs would you recommend to get me started?

sambo
09-01-2004, 10:17 PM
Rush You... one of their early ones and a big hit in Australia.

Painless and Early Warning are also very good.

I'd be interested to know what you think!

lms2
09-01-2004, 11:49 PM
http://members.tripod.com/~babyanimals/

heres a link that listed the two songs that you mentioned, but I couldn't get either of them to play. I did get to hear a little snippet of them though. They're cool.

sambo
09-02-2004, 12:03 AM
http://www.mp3.com/Baby-Animals/artists/3019/summary.html

Try that... that should work.. also give "One Word" and "Ain't Gonna Get" a listen

I believe they are only samples though. If you have or install WinMX or equivalent file sharing software you may have better luck.

Cheers!

lms2
09-02-2004, 12:07 AM
Aw, I get an internal application error. Maybe I will mess with it tomorrow and let you know.

SweetSecrets
09-02-2004, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by lms2
i've never heard them...so which one song of theirs would you recommend to get me started?

I love "Workin for the Enemy"....I love the little metal riffs, and the full on ROCKIN energy of the enire song....when the drums initially kick in at the beginning of it. Just listen! They rock!

I will try to attach an MP3. I have never tried this, but maybe it will work.

SweetSecrets
09-02-2004, 02:35 AM
lms2,

I will try this again. My "Workin with the Enemy" MP3 exceeded the Max size. Try this one. It's a different song. I am thinking it may work. This is not the right song title, though. It's cool cause she sings in French at first.

SweetSecrets
09-02-2004, 02:36 AM
Okay....obviously attaching MP3's doesn't work! Nevermind!! I tried!

Panamark
09-02-2004, 06:59 AM
I saw them three times.

They fucking Rock !!
If you ever see a copy of their self titled album,
beg, borrow or steal !

Suze has a killer Rock voice and the guitar riffs
are fucking excellent !

10/10 on the Panamark Rock Review Chart ! :p

Panamark
09-02-2004, 07:09 AM
Nice Marshall in your Avatar Sambo :)

lms2
09-02-2004, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by SweetSecrets
Okay....obviously attaching MP3's doesn't work! Nevermind!! I tried!

Yes, you did try. those links above feature songs from both albums, and I will get around to hearing them soon!

nosuchluck
09-03-2004, 01:25 PM
isn't Suze Demarchi the wife of Nuno Bettencourt?

Panamark
09-04-2004, 06:38 AM
Yep ! She is indeed

SweetSecrets
09-05-2004, 06:27 PM
She is beautiful! They make an adorable couple! American and Australian! What a combination!! ;)

Fairwrning
09-05-2004, 06:46 PM
i saw them open for ...you guessed it..Van Hagar ..on the 5150 tour...they blew Halen away..no shit..i bought the cd the next day..sidenote..they played so loud a piece of the scoreboard in the civic center fell to the floor during the show..no one was hurt..hell..they just kept on playin..GREAT THREAD!!!!

Fairwrning
09-05-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by fairwrning
i saw them open for ...you guessed it..Van Hagar ..on the 5150 tour...they blew Halen away..no shit..i bought the cd the next day..sidenote..they played so loud a piece of the scoreboard in the civic center fell to the floor during the show..no one was hurt..hell..they just kept on playin..GREAT THREAD!!!!

strange..just checked the disc and it was released in 91...i know they opened for Halen in 86...it was the only time i saw Van Hagar...and i remember the animals very well...maybe i have the wrong show..oh well

Fairwrning
09-05-2004, 07:43 PM
just hit me ..it wasn't Van Hagar....they had Bachman Turner Overdrive open....this is driving me nuts..who the fuck did they open for?

Panamark
09-06-2004, 07:23 AM
Van Cherone ! Among others ;)

Panamark
09-06-2004, 07:30 AM
Of course they headlined in Oz :D

Anyone catch that gig they did at Sydney's recently closed
Theme Park "Wonderland"? That was so cool.......
The had just finished their Australian tour and it was
a really relaxed fun gig.. I swear I could hear Suze's voice
yelling over the top of the PA volume that day..
She has one great Rock voice. Obviously she is very happy
in life with Nuno, shame we didnt get more albums out of
this band, they rocked, bigtime. Great guitar riffs, Killer
Rock Chick vocals.. Does it get any better ??

I challenge anyone to buy their self titled album and not
love it. Do yourself a huge favour and get their albums.

Baby Animals/Baby Animals... (Get this first !!)

sambo
09-07-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
Nice Marshall in your Avatar Sambo :)

Cheers mate, had it about 4 years now.... my pride and joy..:D

Although not the actual photo, that's from the cover of the History of Marhsall book... mine is below..

sambo
09-07-2004, 07:42 PM
Attached..

Panamark
09-08-2004, 07:32 AM
SUH-WEET ! ;)

BrownSound1
09-12-2004, 02:04 AM
I saw them open for Van Hagar.....they got booed here. The reason was they had the audacity to perform Sweet Home Alabama in Alabama. That is a no-no in this part of the US, unless you're Lynyrd Skynyrd. I hate to be the one negative here, but I wasn't overly impressed with Baby Animals...and I don't think they blew Van Hagar away either.

Panamark
09-12-2004, 07:01 AM
Brownsound1, listen to their first album. (Baby Animals) If you still
feel the same way, fair enough.

You were at a Van Hagar concert ??

BrownSound1
09-13-2004, 12:40 AM
Yes, I was at a Van Hagar concert....:D I've heard their first album...and saw them on MTV as well, but just not my cup of tea.

Panamark
09-13-2004, 04:21 AM
Well then fair enough !

Everyone to their own, huh.

Personally I would atke Baby Animals over Van Hagar
anyday, but hey I fucking hate Van Hagar !!!

I wouldnt take them over Van Halen.....

WTF were you doing at a Hagar concert ????
You are messsing with my mind.... :p