PDA

View Full Version : Hey conmee, you seem to have a brain...

ELVIS
09-02-2004, 04:59 PM
Let's hear it...

:elvis:

conmee
09-02-2004, 06:29 PM
Dear Elvis,

Thank you for your kind words... although, the other webbies, my comrades, would take issue with your assertion that I have a brain... lol

Ah... this place houses a rough crowd, and anyone with a brain can see that no one's opinions nor minds are going to be changed... :) with all manner of RothArmy soldier verbally clawing at and kicking his fellow soldier (much like that one young chap putting the heel to the 5'2" female 'agitator' at the RNC... lmao)... there's no such thing as healthy debate when folks are convinced, hell or high water, that their point of view is the correct and only point of view worth having and all manner of debate is trod under foot by the yells and screams and catcalls of Free Speech in action, regardless of ideology or political party affiliation. Both parties know full well how to gloss the issues, pander to the special interest groups, and shout down the opposition. Seems mutual respect and manners have fallen through the cracks in modern politics... oh for the days of Andrew Jackson and gentlemanly ways of solving disagreements.... like slaps to the face with leather gloves, fencing, and tried-and-true duels with pistols (a perfect marriage of free speech and the right to bear arms, if I may say so... lol).

Having said all that (let me regain my balance as I stride this fence I'm on... lol), :monkey:

I'm not sure what you're asking, Elvis. Are you looking for me to validate the War on Terror, from a purely factual basis (who, what, when, where, how)? Do you want a general overview of the War on Terror, the strategies being followed, and tactics being carried out, in order to thwart terrorists and enemies of State? Or are you looking for me to put into context the War on Terror as it relates to the Republican and Democratic party platforms, in particular, as a political issue used to define each party's stance on wide-ranging and often extraneous issues such as military/defense budgets, so-called Homeland Security (Patriot Act, etc), budget deficits, taxation, healthcare, veterans benefits, U.S. dependency on fossil fuels (and by extension, perceived and real lack of emphasis on the environment and alternative/renewable energy sources), racial/gender/sexual preference/harmony (i.e. gay marriage, gay rights, abortion even,etc), and all manner of special interest groups, as well as stem cell research, marijuana legalization, reinstitution of the draft, and federally mandated fuel and emissions standards for automobiles? After all, both the President and Mr. Kerry agree that terrorism is an issue that must be dealt with, just in different ways. And that terrorism affects all the aforementioned issues, and what both candidates would assert, threatens the very foundation and freedoms upon which all these issues are dependent... that of a free and democratic and strong and respected member of the world community.

Or are you simply looking for me to assert that there is indeed terrorism abroad and at home, and that that terrorism must be dealt with in like kind, and that a war be pronounced on it in its name, ergo the War on Terror.

Sorry to have gone off on a rambling non-sequitor but I'm not sure that any single synopsis on a War on Terror would do much good coming from me. Particularly since I'm quite disheartened by both the President and the challenger, for a handful of reasons regarding a small number of issues, and so in the true spirit of riding the fence, I'm voting for David Cobb, the Green Party candidate.... lmao.... He likes trees, I like trees, he likes women, I like women, he likes equality, I like equality, he likes peace, I like peace (but not at the expense of national defense), he likes flat tax, I like flat tax (just hope my girlfriend-tax attorney-can find new work)... what's not to like, except the fact that he won't win the election... lmao....

Mmmm... can you repeat the question?

Icon.

ELVIS
09-02-2004, 07:13 PM
Man, what a tapdance...:D

David Cobb ??

This guy ?? http://www.vote-smart.org/img_common/photos/M/MZZ78717.JPG

Who is that ??

I hope your wordy mouthful answer was tongue in cheek...

Do you (specifically) believe that there is indeed, a "war on terror" ??

Do you believe that John F Kerry has the will to be effective against such a war ??

I do not see how issues such as, as you say, gay marriage, healthcare, and abortion, have anything to do with, or have any effect, on the "war on terror"...

Please, do tell...

:elvis:

BrownSound1
09-03-2004, 02:00 AM
Icon...geezus man, I'm ashamed of you. Just remember that you have a good paying job now, and you didn't have a pot to piss in five years ago.