PDA

View Full Version : Lynyrd Skynyrd : the greatest southern rock band

Wayne L.
01-23-2004, 02:05 PM
Lynyrd Skynyrd is one of the " greatest " southern rock bands of all time with few equals even more so than the Allman Bros. with their bluesy, ballsy, blistering, honky tonkin, kick ass , southern fried rock that became a force during the 70's just as much as hard rock/heavy metal at the time because of the distinct vocals of their late, great frontman Ronnie Van Zant while their southern rock classics will always be timeless for generations & generations of fans to come I think it's " ridiculous " that Skynyrd hasn't even been discussed about being inducted into the RNRHOF in Cleveland yet speaking as an old dedicated fan besides the concert rockumentary Freebird says it all about the " impact " of this legendary southern rock band.

Junyore Grades
01-23-2004, 02:14 PM
Sorry Dude, but Duane Allman can still play better than Gary Rossington, even after being dead since '71.

Wayne L.
01-25-2004, 02:58 PM
I don't think I was " putting down " the Allman Bros. last time I checked as compared to Lynyrd Skynyrd even though " I agree " with you that the late, great Duane Allman is one of the greatest rock guitarist of all time but you " can't " dismiss Gary Rossington either.

DLR7884
01-25-2004, 03:01 PM
I know ZZ Top doesn't exactly fit in the "Southern Rock" genre, but they were better than Skynrd and The Allman Bros.

DLR7884
Just my 2 cents...

alexpgrimes
01-25-2004, 03:07 PM
Don't forget .38 Special. Those guys are great live.

alexpgrimes
01-25-2004, 03:11 PM
Donnies brother Johnnie who sings in Skynyrd now had some great solo stuff before he joined the band.