lucky wilbury
09-03-2004, 03:15 PM
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=40287

Kerry wrong about Red Sox
Incorrectly claims Boston team gained on Yankees

Posted: September 3, 2004
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

In the opening statement of his response to President Bush's GOP convention acceptance speech, Sen. John Kerry claimed the Boston Red Sox moved to within 2.5 games of the division-leading New York Yankees.

He was wrong. The Red Sox began the night 3.5 games behind the New York Yankees and ended the evening in the same place as both teams won.

"I'll tell you what happened tonight that will be remembered," said Kerry. "The Boston Red Sox moved to within 2.5 games of the New York Yankees."

The Democratic convention was held in Boston and the Republican convention was held in New York.

Kerry made his remarks in a late-night rally in Ohio following the close of the Republican convention.

In his Springfield address, Kerry denounced Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney as unfit for duty for misleading the nation about Iraq and for shielding themselves from combat during the war in Vietnam.

Minutes after the close of the Republican National Convention, the Democratic presidential nominee also declared that the Bush and Cheney had disqualified themselves as national leaders for allowing millions of Americans to lose their jobs and to go without health care.

At the midnight rally with his vice presidential running mate, Sen. John Edwards, Kerry cited "the anger and distortion" at the GOP gathering in New York where a long line of speakers, including Cheney, said the Massachusetts senator was unfit to serve as commander-in-chief because of his Senate record and recent statements.

"They attacked my patriotism and fitness to serve" as president. "I'm not going to have my fitness to defend this country questioned by those who refused to serve when they could have and by those who misled the nation into Iraq."

In a more direct attack on Bush, Kerry said: "Misleading the nation into Iraq makes you unfit to lead this nation." That referred to the president's claim that Iraq had chemical and biological weapons and was rushing to get nuclear capabilities, when none where found after Iraq was conquered.

"Doing nothing while the nation loses millions of jobs makes you unfit to lead this nation, letting 45 million Americans go without health care makes you unfit to lead this nation," he said.

JCOOK
09-03-2004, 03:19 PM
What a fucking LOOOOOOOSSSSSSSEEEEEEERRRRRR!