From the Members

1. The Gentleman's Guide To Forum Spies

The Gentleman's Guide To Forum Spies

1. COINTELPRO Techniques for dilution, misdirection and control of a internet forum
    2. Twenty-Five Rules of Disinformation
    3. Eight Traits of the Disinformationalist
    4. How to Spot a Spy (Cointelpro Agent)
    5. Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showt...To-Forum-Spies
    http://ow.ly/ieJDn
  2. Through A Child's Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    Through a child's eyes

This small town's Christmas is forever changed.
    After this Christmas of burials,
    next Christmas will be the first Christmas with nothing to do but reflect.
    There will be many homes that will still wrap a gift that will not be opened.
    This year,
    with no doubt
    there are gifts wrapped that were intended to be opened,
    but never will be.
    With a mother wondering what to do with the wrapped box in the top of the closet.
    She might take years to move it.
    This town is forever changed.

We may move on,
    but for a small town in the northeast
    the Christmas lights will have a tinge of mourning.
    And a sad play on words will taint the delight of children's clambering feet
    of the children left behind
    for they have learned the word mourning
    before they learned of Santa.
    Blaze 2012
    God have mercy.

Updated 12-20-2012 at 09:58 AM by Blaze

Categories
    News of interest , Quotes of Interest , Art , From the Members
  3. Official 1/5 NYC Cafe Wha? Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post
    WARF...by the way...just shot me a couple of texts...

1. His review, pics and vid will be coming tomorrow. He is OUT OF THE CLUB AND SOBER...he made it to his bus, which is heading home in about three minutes...he'll roll in after three...and get to work at 7 AM...so patience SIR WARF will be in the house tomorrow...

2. He kept coming back to Wolfgang...blazing about how good he was...and he kept saying...NO BACKING VOCALS...NO BACKING TRACKS...HE WAS AWESOME...

So...I've been going round and round about this show and the brilliance of it...how THEY'VE NEVER DONE SHIT LIKE THIS BEFORE...and I've got it...it's fucking clear as a fucking bell...

There have been so many bashings towards this band...AND FOLKS...IT'S BEEN DESERVED. They've fucked up on every stage since 1985...in so many ways. Think about all the criticisms...Dave can't sing anymore, Eddie can't play any more...Alex needs bionics because his body is breaking down...they don't get along...Wolfgang sucks...he doesn't belong...they aren't a tight band anymore...they don't pay attention to their fans...they have no fucking clue how to play the media anymore...

then comes Cafe Wha...after exclusive videos to the VHND and the Army...and then after to VHLinks with some nudging from Va...they throw bones to their fans first...

then this show...not a premiere event really...no security...bare bones...clean...and in the front row...TWO MEMBERS FROM THE ARMY...Jeff is there from VHND...James from Links...and there's Van fucking Halen...

...and you can hear it...THEY ARE TIGHT AS FUCK...they sounded great...tight...and it wasn't canned...they were up there having a fucking blast. Alex, finally ripping on a regular drum set...Eddie clearly feeling a song unlike nothing he's done since 85...Wolfy absolutely STOLE THE FUCKING SHOW...they had him geared up...and he was tearing it up...and Edward wasn't singing...that
  4. EXCLUSIVE: Roth Army Collaboration with Diamond Dave Enterprises !!

Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    I'm thrilled to announce tonight that I've been contacted by DLR's representatives at Diamond Dave Enterprises (DDE), who are offering us EXCLUSIVE VH/DLR photos and videos in preparation for the 2012 Van Halen Tour !!!

I'm going to be receiving some photos tonight, and I've already received an exclusive seven minute video featuring Dave that I will post as soon as we work out some issues with embedding it.

It's Van Halen time, bitches !!
  5. Van Halen: Exuberant California, Zen Rock'n'Roll

Quote Originally Posted by mohican View Post
    I saw someone at Links finding out about this new vh book from Amazon. It's not yet released. Here's a little write-up about the book from its own publisher blog.

-----------------------------
    Van Halen: Exuberant California, Zen Rock'n'Roll

Van Halen, a critic once noted, seemed to be ‘halfway between a Los Angeles traffic jam and an abstract painting.’ It was an observation that seemed to sense that whatever this thing Van Halen was … it might be a lot less obvious than it first seemed.

Van Halen explores the cultural circuits of a phenomenon that, somewhat bizarrely, set itself up as ephemeral, stupid, and meaningless – or, in other words, as impervious to critical evaluation. ‘I hate the word maturing,’ singer David Lee Roth once said. ‘I don’t like the word evolving – or any of that bullshit. The point is to keep it as simplistic, as unassuming, and as stupid as possible.’

This is a book that seeks to capture Van Halen’s pursuit of an art of artlessness and to understand the ways in which they came to be characteristic of what historian Kevin Starr has identified as ‘Zen California’ – it was a state of mind, a way of being, that above all else, celebrated ‘the now’. In rock’n’roll terms it stood for the unregulated expenditure of energy; for a youthful exuberance that seemed destined to extinguish itself.

Van Halen: Exuberant California / Zen Rock'n'roll is not a standard biography or life story, but a cultural genealogy of an attitude and how it informed the music. The book nonetheless takes a roughly chronological approach to its subject in order to understand the key developments in Van Halen's career in the years 1974-1985. In tracing the aesthetic dimensions of this ‘Zen rock’n’roll’, Van Halen's roots are seen in a number of less obvious influences – the unique Southern Californian climate and its relation to a sense of cultural exuberance; the echoes of Beat aesthetics
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast