Quotes of Interest

Pondering of the ponderers

1. Dave Chappelle in Hartford walks off stage, heckled. What happened? (VIDEO)

“I only have three minutes left. And when my three minutes is up, my ass is gone. I’m going straight to the bank and doing night deposit.” He then walked off stage to Kanye West’s “New Slaves.”

via Dave Chappelle in Hartford walks off stage, heckled. What happened? (VIDEO).

I by no means was as wildly popular as Dave Cappelle, but I wonder if Cappelle is using the type of contract I used in music before I left for good, the Clean Cut Contract.

A Clean Cut Contract is just what is says it is. All money that is owed is paid at the time of performance or work created.

Frankly, I did not care who you were I was not getting into a contractual obligation that required money to be owed to me.

It can be a smart move, but it comes with risk of course. But I think better risk than getting entangled with a corporate powerhouse.

First published at:
    http://wp.me/p17tt1-qa
    http://JuliaClark.org

Updated 09-01-2013 at 10:12 PM by Blaze

Categories
    News of interest , Quotes of Interest
  2. The Gentleman's Guide To Forum Spies

The Gentleman's Guide To Forum Spies

1. COINTELPRO Techniques for dilution, misdirection and control of a internet forum
    2. Twenty-Five Rules of Disinformation
    3. Eight Traits of the Disinformationalist
    4. How to Spot a Spy (Cointelpro Agent)
    5. Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showt...To-Forum-Spies
    http://ow.ly/ieJDn
  3. Through A Child's Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    Through a child's eyes

This small town's Christmas is forever changed.
    After this Christmas of burials,
    next Christmas will be the first Christmas with nothing to do but reflect.
    There will be many homes that will still wrap a gift that will not be opened.
    This year,
    with no doubt
    there are gifts wrapped that were intended to be opened,
    but never will be.
    With a mother wondering what to do with the wrapped box in the top of the closet.
    She might take years to move it.
    This town is forever changed.

We may move on,
    but for a small town in the northeast
    the Christmas lights will have a tinge of mourning.
    And a sad play on words will taint the delight of children's clambering feet
    of the children left behind
    for they have learned the word mourning
    before they learned of Santa.
    Blaze 2012
    God have mercy.

Updated 12-20-2012 at 09:58 AM by Blaze

Categories
    News of interest , Quotes of Interest , Art , From the Members
  4. Van Halen - Paris, May 28th, 2012 ??

Quote Originally Posted by fryingdutchman View Post
    With that said...it appears that the attitude in France is very much like it is here in the U.S. when it comes to VH news/information/tour dates.

Anticipation served with a healthy dose of skepticisim...

Nice to see that the ongoing stream of disinformation and silence from the VH camp knows no geographic boundaries.
  5. London's Burning and opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    We all must look on the bright side and see the opportunities provided by this manufactured disaster.
    Take for example the loss of the Sony warehouse. They may have lost their warehouse, but they are going to do something nice for the victim of that infamous mugging.

Sony has pledged to replace a PSP stolen from a mugging victim during the London riots.
    Malaysian student Ashraf Haziq had his jaw broken when rioters stole his bike.

Whilst lying in a bloody heap on the floor in Barking, East London, a camera operator caught him being helped on to his feet by a seemingly well-intention group, who then proceeded to break into his backpack and loot the contents. A representative said: "If we can find out how to get it to him we'll replace the PSP."

This is truly generous considering Sony will be having pony up contracts, right off the bat before insurance pays them to cover their cost.

Nevertheless, even beyond the litigation, which will ensue from their warehouse being burnt down with business expecting orders and livelihoods effected by their inability to live up to contracts, is the opportunity. The opportunity for businesses to step in and fill the void left behind by Sony’s eggs smashing. This is not a big loss for Sony. Sony is a big company. It is an opportunity for independent labels to become even more independent, striving, and distinctive with stronger roots in the music we all love.

Smoke continues to rise from a Sony Warehouse, which was destroyed by arsonists in Enfield in north London August 9, 2011 - Suzanne Plunkett/Reuters

One hapless soul, Sean Michaels, still seemed to be in shock when he wrote, “ The problem is this: without the distributors delivering CDs to retailers,
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast