From the Members

1. This For All Of You Who Are Selling Your Music On The Net - Current Info....

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock69 View Post
    This was published in the Nashville Scene this week (the equivalent of LA Weekly, or any other weekly metro entertainment society mag).

A very complete and informative article on the current websites that sell music, with mini-profiles of several of them......info on Spotify.com and others. So if you are selling your tunes on the net, check it out:

http://www.nashvillescene.com/nashvi...nt?oid=2610420
  2. London's Burning and opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    We all must look on the bright side and see the opportunities provided by this manufactured disaster.
    Take for example the loss of the Sony warehouse. They may have lost their warehouse, but they are going to do something nice for the victim of that infamous mugging.

Sony has pledged to replace a PSP stolen from a mugging victim during the London riots.
    Malaysian student Ashraf Haziq had his jaw broken when rioters stole his bike.

Whilst lying in a bloody heap on the floor in Barking, East London, a camera operator caught him being helped on to his feet by a seemingly well-intention group, who then proceeded to break into his backpack and loot the contents. A representative said: "If we can find out how to get it to him we'll replace the PSP."

This is truly generous considering Sony will be having pony up contracts, right off the bat before insurance pays them to cover their cost.

Nevertheless, even beyond the litigation, which will ensue from their warehouse being burnt down with business expecting orders and livelihoods effected by their inability to live up to contracts, is the opportunity. The opportunity for businesses to step in and fill the void left behind by Sony’s eggs smashing. This is not a big loss for Sony. Sony is a big company. It is an opportunity for independent labels to become even more independent, striving, and distinctive with stronger roots in the music we all love.

Smoke continues to rise from a Sony Warehouse, which was destroyed by arsonists in Enfield in north London August 9, 2011 - Suzanne Plunkett/Reuters

One hapless soul, Sean Michaels, still seemed to be in shock when he wrote, “ The problem is this: without the distributors delivering CDs to retailers,
  3. Dave - July 3, 1988 - Biloxi, MS

Quote Originally Posted by ALMOSTsaved View Post
    I may or may not have posted these before from an older computer...but I re-scanned them and cleaned them up today. These are from the tour stop in Biloxi, MS on the "Skyscraper" tour on July 3, 1988 with Poison opening. Enjoy the photos...

Thanks for the thought ALMOSTsaved! Wishes to you!
  4. Untitled

I am so providential
    I do not have to cry.
    When the brow first furrow
    The light rains commence.
    Then comes the sideways rains
    Praise, praise rifts the chants.
    Who not know your suffering saves.
    Love is left bound.
    Girded like a small slave child.
    As the wind moves to the with a hailing wail
    Picking up speed of a misplaced gale
    Prayer that tears not suffer a soul
    Praise has said our crops be fed.
  5. The Roth Army All Star Band Jams thread..

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondjimi View Post
    This is where we'll put it all together. We have the concept, now it's finally time to make it happen.
    There's a lot of talented members here and it's time we had some fun with this. Once the grooves,keys and delegation of parts are agreed on, we'll need some basic rules.

1. Once a basic drum track has been laid down and passed around, it's entire length cannot be altered. Reason: to keep the count in preserved and it will make it easier to sync to when loading and aligning the track/s into each of our recording stations to play along (As we all tend to use different DAW's). Same goes for any other instruments or vocals...

2. All tracks to be recorded @ 24 bit/ 44.100 sample rate.

3. All tracks should be recorded dry. VST's should only be added @ the mixing stage> of course myself and Jay will be adding cabinets in post tracking via Recabinet. ( The Recabinet option will be available to anyone who opts to go direct with their guitar or bass tracking).

Well that's a start. I'm sure we'll add rules as along the way...

As for "producer/mixer/mastering guy", I will throw my hat in the ring . I have my own studio running Nuendo 2 (upgrading to N4 very soon) and I have the time to put in to dedicate to the cause... (Jus' sayin')

Discuss....
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast