News of interest

1. Van Halen - Live at the Soundwave Revolution - Australia 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Walker View Post
    http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/soundw...e-up-revealed/

The Soundwave Revolution full line up has finally been announced after just over 8 weeks of twittering, teasing and tempting us with over 50 band announcements. Phew.

It has been announced that Van Halen one of the biggest selling rock artists will be headliners for the festival along with Alice Cooper, Hole, Sisters Of Mercy, Danzig, Kevin Devine, Bad Religion, Machine Head, Alter Bridge.

The festival will be held in late September in the same capital cities as Soundwave 2011 – Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and after some struggles with the date, Perth.

Dates:
    Brisbane, 24th September 2011
    Sydney, 25th September 2011
    Melbourne, 30th September 2011
    Adelaide, 1st October 2011
    Perth, 3rd October 2011

The Line-up:

Headliner
    Van Halen

Main Stage 1
    Alice Cooper
    Bad Religion
    Alter Bridge
    All Time Low
    Steel Panther
  2. Feds to remotely delete Coreflood from infected PCs

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    In an unusual move, federal authorities will be contacting computer users with systems infected by the Coreflood botnet Trojan and asking them to agree to allow them to send commands to the malware so it will delete itself. The move comes in the in the wake of a coordinated takedown earlier this month by the FBI and other authorities, in which the U.S. government essentially substituted its own command-and-control servers in place of those used by Coreflood and issued commands telling the program to shut down on infected PCs. The move reduced activity from the Coreflood botnet by about 90 percent in the United States and by nearly 75 percent worldwide. However, infected PCs still have dormant Coreflood software on them, and the feds would like to get rid of it.

A U.S. District Judge approved the Department of Justice’s request for a preliminary injunction that authorizes the action, giving authorities until May 25 to contact owners of systems infected by Coreflood and obtain consent to remotely remove it from their machines. However, the DOJ actually argued it didn’t need a judge’s permission to move on its deletion campaign, since it will be seeking written consent from owners of infected systems before going through with the deletion.

Based upon technical evaluation and testing, the Government assesses that the command sent to the Coreflood software to stop running will not cause any damage to the victim computers on which the Coreflood software is present, nor will it allow the Government to examine or copy the contents of the victim computers in any fashion.

Federal authorities have not specified how many machines it has identified as candidates for a remote wipe of Coreflood. Industry estimates of the size of the Coreflood botnet at the time of its takedown were between 2 million and 2.5 million systems.
    Categories
    News of interest
  3. Strategy! - Libya Edition

For The Love of Russia
    A personal word

Yesterday, I spent the day finding out why Serbia would hold such support for Gadafi. To say the least it is complicated.

However, I noted key points.

While looking for a good quote on fighting corruption other than one of mine, I found:
    "one does not fight corruption by fighting corruption,"

It appears first to be quoted in an article by Dr. Rachel Ehrenfeld in September 1999 in reference the Russian money laundering scandal of that same period. Later the quote was attributed to Daniel Kaufmann. More than likely though it was just standardized internal motto from the World Bank.

The quote is noteworthy and worth so many words because while looking at Serbia, why they would remain supportive of Gadafi; I noted some patterns. Mainly, after the 1999 NATO bombing of Yugoslavia, I noted:

“Following the Kosovo War, due to the many weapons in the hands of civilians, law enforcement inefficiencies, and widespread devastation, both revenge killings and ethnic violence surged tremendously. The number of reported murders rose 80% from 136 in 2000 to 245 in 2001. The number of reported arsons rose 140% from 218 to 523 over the same period. UNMIK pointed out that the rise in reported incidents might simply correspond to an increased confidence in the police force (i.e., more reports) rather than more actual crime. According to the UNODC, by 2008, murder rates in Kosovo had dropped by 75% in five years.”

In addition, due to the corruption already established, the area has remained a hot bed of horrific crimes of profit by organized criminals.

“Kosovo is extremely vulnerable to organized crime and thus to money laundering. In 2000, international agencies estimated that Kosovo was supplying up to 40% of the heroin sold in Europe and North America. Due to the 1997 unrest in Albania and the Kosovo
  4. PNAC wants war with Libya!

Whacking the wicked

1. Time for the pill.
    2. My balls are blue.
    3. My TWAT is red
    4. Water rushing on (the CLIT)
    5. Feel me, Touch me.
    6. The day the devil descended (instrumental)
    7. the slaughter
    8. Lift up her veil
    9. Listen to the sound
    10. We hold Jesus's hand
    11. Muhammad watched
    12. The Jew's Cut
    13. Exploitations.
    Hidden tract:
    Thunder Child

Updated 04-28-2011 at 03:09 PM by Blaze

Categories
    News of interest