Van Halen Show Tuesday Night at Bank Atlantic Center

Hi Guys,

Did anyone else go to the show in Sunrise Fl? I went and it was a lot of fun. It looks like the guy from the Sun Sentinel loved the show and the guy from the Miami Herald hated it.

My personal feelings are that the 2007-08 show was much better in that DLR looked and sounded GREAT. That tour, or what I like to call it, 'The Reunion Tour' was all about DAVE. Eddie was struggling with health issues and Dave carried the show. This time around, 'A Different Kind of Truth', it appeared that Eddie was on his game and Dave struggled a bit. I don't know, maybe those years of smoking are starting to catch up to him.

It was still a lot of fun and I ALWAYS enjoy Diamond Dave and the rest of the guys. It was really cool to hear new material played live and it appeared to be a full house.

Anyway, let me know guys if you caught the same show.

1. Roth's performances

by , 05-01-2012 at 07:41 PM (Van Halen Show Tuesday Night at Bank Atlantic Center)
    Hi Guys,

I just got back from North Carolina where I saw Van Halen for the second time this tour. Without a doubt, they, the band, were amazing. I wrote a blog a couple weeks ago after seeing the same show down in Sunrise, Fl. It was great to once again see the band but I do have to say that Roth was a bit off that night. However, he more than made up for it at the NC show.

What really pisses me off is how critics are giving Roth a bad review????

Back in the 07-08 tour, or what I call the reunion tour, EVERYONE praised Roth. 'He's never looked better, he's never sounded better' and on and on. Without a doubt that tour was all about David Lee Roth.

This tour, 'A different Kind of Truth', it is more about Edward Van Halen. And truth be told, EVH is now clear and sober and is playing so much better. He's not experimenting with this new guitars anymore and is defiantly on his game.

But it really pisses me off to hear these critics criticizing Roth. The guy is 57 and a half going on 58 and I thing he sounds great.

I was on the 9th row at the NC concert and I've cant' believe this guy is almost 60!!!

What the fuck do these guys want.

I've seen Diamond Dave about 10 times now. Mostly of his solo career, but I have to say that he has never looked better or sounded so good.

Most true Van Halen fans never thought we'd see DLR fronting Van Halen but here he is. Not one tour, 07-08, but two tours and a new CD.

I couldn't be happier.

Fuck you cridicts who say anything bad about Roth. He's laughing all the way to the bank.
    Categories
    Uncategorized