All Blog Entries

1. Puppies and Suicide.

by , 05-07-2011 at 11:14 PM (The Journey Back to Oxygen.)
    Early today my roommate and I found a puppy washed up on our shore. It was abandoned "kit and caboodle" replete with a ziplock of dog biscuits and 3 carpet cleaners and a piss pad right under a bush across the street.

He had been looking for a dog...specifically a puppy, for years. He has two cats and was always worried that the cats would freak. Well when he came up the steps this morning I said "It is fate Joey".

Later today, we found out his son committed suicided last night.

RIP "Buddy".
    Tags: fate, puppy Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Dark, dark days...

Winter is over,
    Well into Spring,
    yet the days are dark and cold....

am beginning to fear that I will never again see the sun .

occasional flashes of light appear to give hope,
    False
    misguiding
    untrue

kharma is indeeed a bitch.....

Updated 05-03-2011 at 11:02 AM by fifth element

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Easy A

by , 04-30-2011 at 11:03 AM (The Journey Back to Oxygen.)

You ever try and provide a bit of fun for those around you and it then becomes all about them?

I mean it is: And it isn't. Fun is supposed to be a shared experience. Fun all by yourself is rote......sharing the fun is more creative. But as they catch you in your tricks and your lies...they become overwhelmed by the experience and take it out on you. The best people I have experienced stick with you and share the fun.

So. When a child has too much fun....we say....sit down. Stop throwing the frisbee and just sit down by momma for a bit. We wipe the snot off their nose....we say "look at the fire".....supper will be soon.

I once made this exquisite broken wine glass for a woman I wanted to experience. I broke it so it was jagged in the perfect way....put a rose in it....photographed it in black and white and did a 6"by 8" glossy. I "obtained" access to her room in her dorm. I laid out a full picnic blanket indoors.

Placed the picnic basket and and the broken wine glass on it with the picture in black and white against it.....put a fresh rose in the glass....and gave her the way to contact me.

It was a beautiful evening. No past. No future. No recriminations. No Anger. Just a fool's paradise.

What happened to those days?

I am sending a message in a bottle.

You just got to laugh.
    Tags: fools, message Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Feds to remotely delete Coreflood from infected PCs

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    In an unusual move, federal authorities will be contacting computer users with systems infected by the Coreflood botnet Trojan and asking them to agree to allow them to send commands to the malware so it will delete itself. The move comes in the in the wake of a coordinated takedown earlier this month by the FBI and other authorities, in which the U.S. government essentially substituted its own command-and-control servers in place of those used by Coreflood and issued commands telling the program to shut down on infected PCs. The move reduced activity from the Coreflood botnet by about 90 percent in the United States and by nearly 75 percent worldwide. However, infected PCs still have dormant Coreflood software on them, and the feds would like to get rid of it.

A U.S. District Judge approved the Department of Justice’s request for a preliminary injunction that authorizes the action, giving authorities until May 25 to contact owners of systems infected by Coreflood and obtain consent to remotely remove it from their machines. However, the DOJ actually argued it didn’t need a judge’s permission to move on its deletion campaign, since it will be seeking written consent from owners of infected systems before going through with the deletion.

Based upon technical evaluation and testing, the Government assesses that the command sent to the Coreflood software to stop running will not cause any damage to the victim computers on which the Coreflood software is present, nor will it allow the Government to examine or copy the contents of the victim computers in any fashion.

Federal authorities have not specified how many machines it has identified as candidates for a remote wipe of Coreflood. Industry estimates of the size of the Coreflood botnet at the time of its takedown were between 2 million and 2.5 million systems.
    Categories
    News of interest
  5. US Festival Lost Tapes

Quote Originally Posted by hambon4lif View Post
    As awesome as the whole experience was, the funniest, most rock'n'roll moment actually happened 3 years later, and the laugh was at Sheriff Tidwells expense.

After the Us Fest, Tidwell made no secret of the fact that he hated Van Halen, and was very adamant about never allowing Van Halen to set foot in San Bernardino County ever again! If you brought up the name Van Halen in front of him, he'd go off on an angry rant.
    It's hard to watch Jackie Gleasons character in Smokey And The Bandit and not think of Floyd......he was that guy! Just barely smart enough to be corrupt, but overall, a bumbling jackass. A one-bullet-Barney who always had to pull his pants up every three steps, and if you asked him who Van Halen was, he'd say "that blonde loudmouth punk".

One Saturday morning in late-May of '86, we hear the local DJ announcing that "David Lee Roth is shooting a music video today at the Orange Pavillion, it's free, so if you're not doing anything today, you might want to swing by there and check it out". Me and my friends were in shock.
    It's Roth, it's free, we're there!

On the way there, my friend says "I guess that idiot Floyd had a change of heart". I said "Not quite. That idiot Floyd doesn't know who Dave is".
    Turns out that Floyd made the same mistake the club owners made when Van Halen was starting out, thinking Dave was 'Mr. Halen'.
    The whole thing was total Rock'N'Roll. Not only was it pure genius to make your first move as a solo artist by shooting a video dead-smack in the middle of Sammy Hagars hometown (Fontana being 10 miles away), but in doing this, Roth also managed to give a rasberry and the finger to hapless Sheriff Tidwell, who unwittingly allowed the one person he hated to set up shop right there under his nose. When he finally found out a week later, he was livid. It was fucking beautiful!!

For months afterward, we all carried
    Categories
    Uncategorized