All Blog Entries

1. VH Tour Rehearsal At The Roxy - December, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    From theroxyonsunset website:

VAN HALEN REHEARSALS

For the past 2 months VAN HALEN has been rehearsing here 2-3 times a week!!!!!!

Do you have any idea how hard that was to not tell you?? When you come in at 10:00AM and David Lee Roth, Eddie Van Halen, Alex Van Halen, and Wolfgang Van Halen are on stage with 3 other people in the room playing “Running With The Devil” and you can’t say anything?! It’s tough, to put it simply.

It all began with a 3 day video shoot for their newest single that you don’t know about yet (shhh) and we were all geeking out like never before. Little did we know, the guys had fallen in love with the room and decided to rehearse for their upcoming unannounced tour for the next 2 months!

We couldn’t film it for obvious reasons, so we’ve decided to share some of our favorite VH moments that happened for the next 2 months.

“My favorite Van Halen moment was when I came out of the kitchen and they were doing Panama. I was one of the only people standing in the room by the stage. David Lee Roth looked at me, smiled, and waved. I thought to myself “that is the only time in life I will know David Lee Roth was actually singing to me.” – @LizzyDStadler

“It was so nice being at my desk listening to “Jump” & “Panama”, the songs I grew up with by the actual Van Halen. I mean, really – it’s the actually f**king Van Halen!” – Tina

“Watching David Lee Roth film the opening part of this video was one of the most awesome things. He was standing there smiling with a gigantic grin on his face for at least 5 minutes and HeKo & I were standing off to the side trying not to laugh (or get in the shot), but it was incredible. The week they finally brough in the synthesizers and played the opening to “Jump” over & over made it really difficult to not jump out of my seat accordingly with the song. JUMP!” – @toneyeah

“What was
  2. EXCLUSIVE: Roth Army Collaboration with Diamond Dave Enterprises !!

Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    I'm thrilled to announce tonight that I've been contacted by DLR's representatives at Diamond Dave Enterprises (DDE), who are offering us EXCLUSIVE VH/DLR photos and videos in preparation for the 2012 Van Halen Tour !!!

I'm going to be receiving some photos tonight, and I've already received an exclusive seven minute video featuring Dave that I will post as soon as we work out some issues with embedding it.

It's Van Halen time, bitches !!
  3. New VH Footage !!!! 2012 tickets on sale Jan 10th!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondjimi View Post
    Promotion for 2012 TOUR!!!! Website is finally updated!

Facebook - David Lee Roth
    Facebook - Van Halen

Twitter - David Lee Roth
    Twitter - Van Halen

You Tube - Van Halen
    Vimeo - Van Halen
    Tags: vanhalen Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Van Halen: Exuberant California, Zen Rock'n'Roll

Quote Originally Posted by mohican View Post
    I saw someone at Links finding out about this new vh book from Amazon. It's not yet released. Here's a little write-up about the book from its own publisher blog.

-----------------------------
    Van Halen: Exuberant California, Zen Rock'n'Roll

Van Halen, a critic once noted, seemed to be ‘halfway between a Los Angeles traffic jam and an abstract painting.’ It was an observation that seemed to sense that whatever this thing Van Halen was … it might be a lot less obvious than it first seemed.

Van Halen explores the cultural circuits of a phenomenon that, somewhat bizarrely, set itself up as ephemeral, stupid, and meaningless – or, in other words, as impervious to critical evaluation. ‘I hate the word maturing,’ singer David Lee Roth once said. ‘I don’t like the word evolving – or any of that bullshit. The point is to keep it as simplistic, as unassuming, and as stupid as possible.’

This is a book that seeks to capture Van Halen’s pursuit of an art of artlessness and to understand the ways in which they came to be characteristic of what historian Kevin Starr has identified as ‘Zen California’ – it was a state of mind, a way of being, that above all else, celebrated ‘the now’. In rock’n’roll terms it stood for the unregulated expenditure of energy; for a youthful exuberance that seemed destined to extinguish itself.

Van Halen: Exuberant California / Zen Rock'n'roll is not a standard biography or life story, but a cultural genealogy of an attitude and how it informed the music. The book nonetheless takes a roughly chronological approach to its subject in order to understand the key developments in Van Halen's career in the years 1974-1985. In tracing the aesthetic dimensions of this ‘Zen rock’n’roll’, Van Halen's roots are seen in a number of less obvious influences – the unique Southern Californian climate and its relation to a sense of cultural exuberance; the echoes of Beat aesthetics
  5. New Dave Video For His Sister's Rockabye Baby Collection, 11/11/11

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    I didn't believe it either when I saw the Google alert. But no shit, here is Dave in an ad for his sister's collection of VH covers for children. Apparently, this was uploaded to Youtube around 4:30 EST this afternoon.

Enjoy!