All Blog Entries

1. "The Rolling Stones" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Exactly. A band is a brand. You still can sell Stones shit when your body is too worn out to tour. I mean people are begging Alex to sell them some VH shit. The fans want it. Please Alex, take our money!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Wolfgang van halen says sammy hagar era "doesn't get any respect"

Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    Keep in mind that the Kid™ only got half of his chromosomes from his dad and that DNA most likely only produces stellar creative music when fueled by alcohol and other adulterants...

On a serious note though... Wolf didn't have life experiences his dad did that fueled his drive and obsession when it came to playing music. You hunt far more aggressively when you're hungry...
    If you haven't had to struggle for anything I'd imagine it'd be difficult to summon the inner fire re: obsession, drive, aggressive.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Roth Lives! Ain't Talkin' Bout Love - David Lee Roth Studio Live

Quote Originally Posted by MasonL View Post
    This is the most accurate I’ve heard Dave sing Ain’t Talkin Bout Love in decades. Even the chlorides “my love is rotten to the core.” Estrada sounds very good but yeah the drums are so non-descript and cookie cutter it drags the sound a bit. Still fun! Awesome to know that Dave can still bring it vocally if he wants to.
    He probably can bring it for a song but doing a tour is another ball park. I think Dave was happy with how it turned out and put it out for the public to hear. I wouldn't read too much into it. It's probably Dave saying by example I still got it so fuck off Gene Simmons.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Top 10 - Synth Riffs

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    I've watched a lot of the Doctor Mix videos. I was going to start a new thread/game, "Gay, Or European?" and Doctor Mix would be the first cuntestant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    That guy is a dick.

No Thomas Dolby, Human League, New Order, Depeche Mode, or Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark riffs?
    I think he's more into R&B and that Italdisco shit.
    That makes sense. The dude seems to be completely clueless. Synth was a popularized early 80's thing to me
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. DLR: "I'm Only In The Middle Of My First Retirement"

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    The same IS said for many of Dave's contemporaries out there: I'm saying it! ; )

These aging, wheezing classic rock bands are on the whole too old to get it up.

Had to ask myself several years back, why am I continuing to pay good money for substandard performances? For the privilege of being in the vicinity of 'living legends'?

Fuck 'em. Let others fund their golden years.
    Depends. Saw Cheap Trick and they are still good. Robin Zander sings as good as ever. Saw Ace Frehley. Must have been a good night. I enjoyed it. His solos were great. Alice Cooper still worth seeing. With Ace he had a great band. He lays back and let’s the band carry him while he throws picks out but when it’s Ace do a solo time he’s still Ace Frehley.
    Categories
    Uncategorized