All Blog Entries

1. "The Rolling Stones" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Well I overpaid for some lousy seats in Seattle to see Mick, Kieth and Charlie one last time before they died. Time waits for no one.
    I can see wanting to see the band before they finally tap out from touring, therefore you bite the bullet and overpay the piper, particularly if one has never seen them live...because the Stones...they're just one of those bands...and with Charlie having passed an Mick having suffered heart problems, clearly it is no longer the case that the chances to see the band are endless in terms of years and years left to check them out.

I can recall thinking at the time that the $50 I paid for my scalped Stones ticket in 1989 was akin to highway robbery...good luck paying less than 6x that amount now, and that's just for nosebleed stadium seats.
    What’s funny is in 1981 I did the same thing. I had a summer job at a country club. Two of the lifeguards who were older were talking about getting tickets to see The Stones in Phoenix. Me and another guy decided we might as well go because The Stones we’re getting old and we might not have another chance. So we bought our tickets and headed to Phoenix in one of the life guard’s van.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Dave: "I'm Retiring"

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    Weren't there reports of Dave's radio studio reeking of cigarettes?

I remember one EVH interview mentioned the control room at 5150 smelled like smoke and stale beer.
    Dave is a smoker. Cigarettes, pot and cigars. I don’t think he was the chain smoker Ed was. I will speak from personal experience. Everyone I knew who smoked which was a lot of people (neighbors, teachers, people who worked for my dad, relatives) all died of smoking related illness before they were 70. My doctor even smoked. He lived right next door to us. He never smoked at the office but at home he always had a cigarette. Nice guy but the Winston’s took him.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. So it's Vegas again...

Quote Originally Posted by Jérôme Frenchise View Post
    Didn't Sheehan, Vai and Bissonnette join together a while ago?
    If Dave didn't participate, reason number one was he couldn't have sung his parts correctly IMO.
    Sad but true. Dave could be a dancer in the background though. Give the guy a cane and a top hat and a few females to balance it out. Just don't sing Dave. Please! Well hell. Maybe Dave should become Jami Van Halen's new dance partner. I'm sure Ed would love that. They could be on Dancing With The Stars.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Alexi Jone$ is being Sued by "Crisis Actor" Sandy Hook Parents

Nothing new. Alex runs off a formula and applies it to current events. He goes full on crazy now and then to increase the attention on himself and make himself more popular with his product buying base. Someone on the left could use this same formula but you have to be interesting to watch. Most people can't pull that off. It's not easy to be crazy in the right ways and keep it all going. Alex is a master of it.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Alexi Jone$ is being Sued by "Crisis Actor" Sandy Hook Parents

Nothing new. Alex runs off a formula and applies it to current events. He goes full on crazy now and then to increase the attention on himself and make himself more popular with his product buying base. Someone on the left could use this same formula but you have to be interesting to watch. Most people can't pull that off. It's not easy to be crazy in the right ways and keep it all going. Alex is a master of it.
    Categories
    Uncategorized