• The Van Halen Torch!

• Upcoming Van Halen Tour Dates

• New Van Halen Album!

• Contact

It is Eat EM And Smile Time! Click below to contact some of the Baddest Assed Mo'fos on the web!
    Contact the Crazy Ass MO'FO's who run this website and view our site purpose/intent.
    [Site Purpose - History]
    [Staff Bios and Contact]

This is Dave's Army!
  • Calendar

April   2024
    Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
  • The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Nobody rules these streets at night but us! Join our growing legion of fans dedicated to honoring the Commander in Chief of  Rock n' Roll - David Lee Roth.
  • "Tattoo" Single and Video Released!

<center><iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/34261064?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/34261064">Van Halen - Tattoo</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/vanhalen">Van Halen</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p></center>
    Comments 18 Comments
      Matt White -
      It's got that "MAGIC right out of the gate....................
      Matt White -
      A buddy of mine from HIgh School just posted the video on his facebook page saying...."It sounds like the VAN HALEN I grew up with!"

DAMN STRAIGHT!!!
      binnie -
      They avoid the pastiche and went straight for the pinache!
      BITEYOASS -
      WOO-HOO!
      Ballenapez -
      Quote Originally Posted by Matt White View Post
      A buddy of mine from HIgh School just posted the video on his facebook page saying...."It sounds like the VAN HALEN I grew up with!"

DAMN STRAIGHT!!!
      Sounds more like some late DLR stuff.

Cool song though.
      Sensible Shoes -
      I think it sounds like it came from ALAE. Which is not bad. I never thought I'd say this but I WANT MORE EDDIE
      brianjayy -
      I think everybody is nuts. I posted the video and my praise for it on Facebook and everybody's going, "It sucks...!!"
      Fuck ya all, then. I made an audio copy from the video and road tested it in the car earlier this afternoon. Wolf's bass is really thick in the mix. And now I have "Tat-too, Tat-too" on the brain.
      This song rocks. If you don't like it, you're fucked in the head. And not in the good way, like I am...
      Jetstream -
      DAMN STRAIGHT! brianjayy...you are dealing with a radio listening audience on facebook which even Tattoo is too hard and in your face to deal with. Tell them they better take some time off of facebook so they will be sure not to miss their pop trash R/B on American Idol season on the horizon.
      Nitro Express -
      What can I say, It's Van Halen and not Van Hagar. It's got that old time swagger they used to have. Ed is back. He sounds great!
      LetDown -
      My favorite band just laid a piece of crap. The first full album in 28 years and they come up with this. Sounds just like a track off of the DLR Band album, with Eddie doing some tapping - where's amazing energy and emotion? Why does Dave dress like Mario and why is Kool and the Gang opening for them? Songs on VH3 sound better than this............ I'm bummed
      Cato -
      Quote Originally Posted by LetDown View Post
      Songs on VH3 sound better than this............ I'm bummed
      are you gay?
      Matt White -
      My favorite band just laid a piece of crap. The first full album in 28 years and they come up with this. Sounds just like a track off of the DLR Band album, with Eddie doing some tapping - where's amazing energy and emotion? Why does Dave dress like Mario and why is Kool and the Gang opening for them? Songs on VH3 sound better than this............ I'm bummed
      Go listen to CHICKENSHIT then....................
      VHscraps -
      Why does Dave dress like Mario and why is Kool and the Gang opening for them?
      'Cos he's Dave, and 'cos it makes it clear than he's back in command of things, and this ain't Van Hagar.

Listen again, man. The song is killer.
      DLR Bridge -
      My favorite vocal sweet spot is right at 3:31 where Dave doubles the pre-chorus, ratcheted up one more notch. I originally thought he was over doing it right before the solo ala tail end of She's My Machine, but after many listens, it truly works.

Dave is the best. Simplezzat!!
      Ballenapez -
      Quote Originally Posted by letdown View Post
      why does dave dress like mario
      hahahahaha
      Sensible Shoes -
      Sheep pen.
      RUDE SADDLE -
      Quote Originally Posted by letdown View Post
      my favorite band just laid a piece of crap. The first full album in 28 years and they come up with this. Sounds just like a track off of the dlr band album, with eddie doing some tapping - where's amazing energy and emotion? Why does dave dress like mario and why is kool and the gang opening for them? Songs on vh3 sound better than this............ I'm bummed
      go drive 55 off a cliff.
      BenJammin -
      I haven't posted here in a long time but of course this is BIG!

I didn't care too much for it the first time but now I can't stop listening to it!

They didn't go for the bleachers on this so maybe it's anti-climactic for some after waiting so many years for a reunion. So you will have the crowd who thinks this should have been more over the top. That would have been a bad choice I think. They found the sweet spot where Dave's voice works the best these days and he dropped the attempts at hitting 'The Scream'... which is good for him at this point.

The lyrics are typical early Van Halen, nothing too serious and fucking introspective (most notably nothing too 'Journey-ish' like Van Hagar), just something fun and they nailed it.

Breaks my heart to see some hater posts around the web, but those people would probably be more comfortable at a Gaga / Katy Perry / Justin Bieber concert and wouldn't know what to do with themselves if you took them in a time machine back to a 1982 VH concert anyway.

Me, I'm happy as a pig in shit and can't wait for the rest of the album.
  • Roth Army Twitter

• THIS DAY IN CLASSIC =VAN HALEN= HISTORY

ROTH FANS UNITE! NOBODY RULES THESE STREETS AT NIGHT BUT US!
    Click [HERE] to find out what happened today in Classic Van Halen History!
    UPDATED DAILY!
    Content provided from The Van Halen Encyclopedia, ticket stubs and online articles.
  • ROTH ARMY FORUMS

• Recent Threads

Kristy

Ladies & Gentlemen: I Bring You The Great Corey Feldman

Thread Starter: Kristy

Really, there's no need to thank me.

Last Post By: Kristy Yesterday, 05:02 PM Go to last post
    FORD

Cheeto vs Cheeto regarding Tik Tok

Thread Starter: FORD

Well that's all well and good, your royal Orangeness, but wasn't this your doing.....

Last Post By: FORD Yesterday, 01:09 AM Go to last post
    Kristy

Oh my gawd! Oh my gawd! New taylor swift album

Thread Starter: Kristy

Not only does the great Taylor have NEW ALBUM out it's a surprise double album.

So all of you retards can eat a shit out

Last Post By: FORD 04-19-2024, 08:11 PM Go to last post