The Roth Journals

VH Tour Rehearsal At The Roxy - December, 2011

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
From theroxyonsunset website:

VAN HALEN REHEARSALS

For the past 2 months VAN HALEN has been rehearsing here 2-3 times a week!!!!!!

Do you have any idea how hard that was to not tell you?? When you come in at 10:00AM and David Lee Roth, Eddie Van Halen, Alex Van Halen, and Wolfgang Van Halen are on stage with 3 other people in the room playing “Running With The Devil” and you can’t say anything?! It’s tough, to put it simply.

It all began with a 3 day video shoot for their newest single that you don’t know about yet (shhh) and we were all geeking out like never before. Little did we know, the guys had fallen in love with the room and decided to rehearse for their upcoming unannounced tour for the next 2 months!

We couldn’t film it for obvious reasons, so we’ve decided to share some of our favorite VH moments that happened for the next 2 months.

“My favorite Van Halen moment was when I came out of the kitchen and they were doing Panama. I was one of the only people standing in the room by the stage. David Lee Roth looked at me, smiled, and waved. I thought to myself “that is the only time in life I will know David Lee Roth was actually singing to me.” – @LizzyDStadler

“It was so nice being at my desk listening to “Jump” & “Panama”, the songs I grew up with by the actual Van Halen. I mean, really – it’s the actually f**king Van Halen!” – Tina

“Watching David Lee Roth film the opening part of this video was one of the most awesome things. He was standing there smiling with a gigantic grin on his face for at least 5 minutes and HeKo & I were standing off to the side trying not to laugh (or get in the shot), but it was incredible. The week they finally brough in the synthesizers and played the opening to “Jump” over & over made it really difficult to not jump out of my seat accordingly with the song. JUMP!” – @toneyeah

“What was my favorite part about it? Everything. I know it sounds stupid, but I can’t put it any other way. To walk through the club and have Eddie Van Halen smile at me or pat me on the back, the guys were so nice, it was unbelievable. In my 9 years at the club, this is by far one of the best things that’s happened.” – Scotty

“The positive energy VH brought to the daytime was fantastic. During the day, it’s always so quiet and work, work, work and even when a band does rehearse, it’s always so serious. Van Halen was having fun the entire time and we could feel it throughout the building.” @Heko310

“I just loved the first time they played “Running With The Devil” it sounded exactly like it did when I was working box office at The Whisky.” – Kathy

Comments