Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TFM_Dale
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2009

The NCAA threw a fit about Michigan's practice habits and something like this gets a lousy 2 game suspension? Fuck the NCAA to.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

The only reason Tressel kept his fucking job is because he DID tell the AD in April. In the press conference, he was asked if he turned the e-mails over to anyone else on the University staff, and he immediately starts nodding. Before he can say anything, the AD jumps in and says no.

I'll bet you money that Tressel DID do what he was supposed to, but is now jumping on the land mine, hoping that he can keep the sanctions to a minimum for the kids he coaches.

A coach covering up is bad...but a whole administration covering up is worse (which I believe happened).

Now...as per the self-imposed sanctions that is causing the ruckus in here...they aren't NCAA sanctions. I firmly expect that the NCAA will (and should) strip tOSU of their 2010 wins, suspend Tressel for the spring, and as long as the players are suspended, and dock scholarships...

either way...tOSU is going to start getting killed in recruiting now...because the living room sell is now that Tressel is a cheat, and so is his program...

He needed to be fired...period...

especially after Rich Rodriguez came out rallying FOR HIM!
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• redblkwht
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Game-time.
        need this one fellas! hope they didn't peak too soon last game, keep up the momentum.

EUAS

Comment

• hideyoursheep
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
          ...Urban Meyer's name should start swirling around before too long...
          NO, NO, NO, Hell fucking NO.

Say what you want about his coaching, his championships, whatever....He doesn't run a respectable program IMO.
          I don't want him in Columbus!

Comment

• High Life Man
            Commando
            • Jan 2004

Bye, bye, Sweatervest.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2007

Watched the spring game..Braxton Miller looked sharper than TP did his first 2 seasons, and he hasn't even been to class yet! Taylor Graham looked pretty damn tight. He can throw darts...with accuracy. They could go either way the first 5 games IMO and not miss a step without Pryor. If they do happen to lose one early, it's better to lose early. They can finish strong.

Rod Smith... as soon as the Eddie George/ Beanie Wells comparisons start flying his way, he rips off a 20-yard run......and puts the ball on the turf!

With Boom, Berry and Hall back there, he's going to have to impress the fuck out of the coaches if he wants on the field.

Defensively, it looked like they were picking on Bauserman intentionally...he was being smothered. I'm not sure why he still occupies a roster spot.
              Last edited by hideyoursheep; 05-06-2011, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by High Life Man
                Bye, bye, Sweatervest.
                took a month, but yeah, he's resigning.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Unchainme
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Apr 2005

anyone else is wasting time.
                  Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

Notice he picked a slow news day when most everyone is off work and bbqing to make the announcement.

Jim Tressel tenders resignation

ESPN

Embattled coach Jim Tressel, two months after apologizing for fallout that resulted in suspensions for him and several of his players, has resigned from Ohio State.

"After meeting with university officials, we agreed that it is in the best interest of Ohio State that I resign as head football coach," Tressel said in a statement Monday morning. "The appreciation that Ellen and I have for the Buckeye Nation is immeasurable."

Assistant coach Luke Fickell, who had been named to fill in for Tressel during the first five games of the 2011 season in which he was to be suspended, will take over as the interim head coach, Ohio State said in the news release.

Tressel was entering his 11th season as head coach for the Buckeyes. He finishes with a 106-22 record at Ohio State (66-14 in the Big Ten). He won a national championship in 2002, seven Big Ten championships, including the past six, and had a 9-1 record against Michigan.

School president E. Gordon Gee announced Tressel's departure in a letter sent to Ohio State trustees.

"As you all know, I appointed a special committee to analyze and provide advice to me regarding issues attendant to our football program," the letter said, according to The Columbus Dispatch, which first reported Tressel's decision. "In consultation with the senior leadership of the University and the senior leadership of the Board, I have been actively reviewing the matter and have accepted Coach Tressel's resignation.

"My public statement will include our common understanding that throughout all we do, we are one university with one set of standards and one overarching mission," Gee wrote in the letter, according to the Columbus newspaper. "The University's enduring public purposes and its tradition of excellence continue to guide our actions."

The news comes two weeks after Buckeyes athletic director Gene Smith affirmed his support for the coach amid an ongoing NCAA investigation for rules violations.

"We look forward to refocusing the football program on doing what we do best -- representing this extraordinary university and its values on the field, in the classroom, and in life," Smith said in the statement. "We look forward to supporting Luke Fickell in his role as our football coach. We have full confidence in his ability to lead our football program."

At the Big Ten spring meetings earlier this month, Smith -- while declining to discuss any details of an ongoing NCAA investigation of Tressel -- said his outlook toward the coach's position hadn't wavered.

"Oh, definitely, no question," Smith had said. "I haven't changed, I haven't changed. But I'm not talking about the case beyond that."

Smith noted last month in an interview with The Associated Press that Tressel should have apologized at a March 8 news conference, where Tressel first acknowledged he failed to notify Ohio State officials of emails he received about some of his players receiving improper benefits. In late March, during an almost hour-long news conference, Tressel apologized for letting people down and acknowledged that some may view him as a cheater.

Smith has also talked about the high legal costs Ohio State is dealing with, calling the ongoing NCAA situation "a nightmare."

Tressel also received support at the spring meetings from fellow coaches such as Michigan State's Mark Dantonio and Northwestern's Pat Fitzgerald, as well as from Nebraska athletic director Tom Osborne, a longtime friend.

"Coaches are great," Tressel said. "They understand all the challenges everyone has. It's good to be with them."
                    Last edited by chefcraig; 05-30-2011, 10:34 AM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme

anyone else is wasting time.
                      i bet tomorrow's Ashtabula Star Beacon has at least one story about what Meyers' family and friends in 'Bula think he's going to do.
                      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Unchainme
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by twonabomber
                        i bet tomorrow's Ashtabula Star Beacon has at least one story about what Meyers' family and friends in 'Bula think he's going to do.
                        just think him taking over the program would be pretty amazing. What a story that would be. He possibly, wrecked in my mind the 2nd greatest season in TOSU history (98 was first), and to have him take over and make things right, and install an actual good offense at TOSU would be refreshing.
                        Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2007

He has a heart problem, and a bigger problem with discipline on his teams than Tress. How would Meyer be an improvement?

I'd rather see tOSU be a mediocre team than turn into the next ThugU.

I'm still not sold on the idea that Tress "knew" what was happening, simply by getting an email.
                          Last edited by hideyoursheep; 05-30-2011, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• chefcraig
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by hideyoursheep

I'd rather see tOSU be a mediocre team than turn into the next ThugU.
                            I'd agree, for any school that considered hiring Meyer. It is fairly fascinating to realize that this guy somehow made the University of Miami look like a charm school next to the Gators. In the past 5 years, Meyer had over 30 students arrested on his watch, compared to 2 for UM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Unchainme
                              He possibly, wrecked in my mind the 2nd greatest season in TOSU history (98 was first)
                              That distinction belongs to the 1969 Michigan team..

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by chefcraig
                                I'd agree, for any school that considered hiring Meyer. It is fairly fascinating to realize that this guy somehow made the University of Miami look like a charm school next to the Gators. In the past 5 years, Meyer had over 30 students arrested on his watch, compared to 2 for UM.
                                To their credit though, the U were able to get it done on the field with several different coaches over the years. It was their on-field demeanor that rubbed me the wrong way...unsporting. It was only a matter of time that it followed them off the field, and being in that area of south Fla., with that many "distractions", it could have been worse.

UF got to that point very quickly under Meyer.

That's not the ONLY reason I don't want him in Columbus,.......he can't beat Mishitgan.

That matters more than any non-playoff NC. Trust me.

That said, Meyer doesn't deserve as much credit for the 2006 NC win as he's been given....an over-confident Buckeyes squad that had beaten 3 teams in the top 5 that season went into that game thinking they were bulletproof, and that UF was going to lay down for them. The Gators had a HUGE chip on their shoulders. It was evident during UF's first drive. tOSU committed more PF's than they had all season. Then Tress abandoned the running game...they got hammered.
                                Last edited by hideyoursheep; 05-30-2011, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Working...