The Official 2010-2011 Notre Dame Fightin' Irish Sports Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Wow...what the fuck...punting from the endzone...and they...fucking stupid...

Auburn having issues with WSU...

interesting...

Damn...had that ball been more to his right...

but you gotta hold onto that...

great hit...

ND's D sucks...

if OSU plays them...again....

the receivers will eat them alive...

it looked like he had possession...15 yard gain by the RB...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Another 15 yard gain...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Musberger says earlier, "Notre Dame doesn't know how good this kid is..."

Now...no offense Brent, but if YOU DO...

I'm guess WEIS DOES...

especially since OKLAHOMA RECRUITED HIM YOU FUCKING MORON.

lmfao...Brent is outrecruiting Weis...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Tech inside the 5...

I can hear Vengeance right now...

screaming at the top of his lungs...

and Icon...somewhere...

has pulled out a list of potential coaches...

Tech up 7-0...

dominating drive...

Tech may have a team...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

ND's defense looks bad bro...

Holes all over the place...

7-0 GT....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

The great thing for the Irish's O...is that they returned nearly everyone...

the worst thing for the Irish's D...is that they returned nearly everyone...

dude...you picked Tech...didn't you...lmfao

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Officially, no, meaning in the Pick'em...

Unofficially, yes....

If that makes sense...

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Yes...officially...it does...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Pitiful pass defense...

Just pitiful...

Comment

• conmee
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Mar 2003

Gentlemen,

I wasn't sweating things... like I said, my hopes are for a BCS bowl and win, not necessarily a Nat. Champ. Main reason, psychological.. don't want to buy into all the hype. They're a Top 10 team, not necessarily #2 or #1.

Considering the NDvGT, CalvTN, and FSUvMIA are the only games this weekend with legit teams on both sides of the ball (Texas, OhioSt, Michigan, beating up on veritable patsies, despite impressive wins, isnn't all that impressive), I'll take a 14-10 win.

In fact, I like that the Irish got a wakeup call on Day One. They know that being ranked by the dumbass polls isn't sufficient... gotta go out there an PLAY. I liked the adjustments Weis made, and they pulled out a win. I think they're much better prepared for Week 2 action against PSU, then PSU will be after beating up poor ol' Akron or whoever it was they beat up on.

What DOES worry me is the 2ndary. If GT had a more effecient passing game, hell, if GT would have just kept passing to that great WR they have, they might have actually one the game. They should have made the Irish defense beat them. Against Michigan and USC, teams with legit QBs and WRs (and Purdue looks like it can put points up), those are the teams that will give the Irish 2ndary a true test. If they pass, a Nat. Champ. possible. If not, just win a damn bowl game for cryin' out loud! lol

Icon.

GO IRISH!!!
                      GO CHARGERS!!!
                      GO PADRES!!!
                      GO UNLV!!!!
                      An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
                      hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

I'll give them credit Icon, they make excellent adjustments at halftime, they played much better...

We'll see how that secondary looks vs. PSU, but I have a feeling they'll be fine at their home opener....

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

The adjustments they made?

blitzed more to keep the QB off balance...it gave him more lanes for running...but you can only QB draw so much...

but Ball can't get to the receivers when he's running around.

The also ran a lot of draws to keep the defense honest...and ran a lot of zone busters on passing plays...

brilliant ball...against a really...really good defense.

Why I think OSU had particular success against Notre Dame is that Troy Smith can move and pass...Ball couldn't...

and OSU's linebackers last year could control those intermediate zone buster passing schemes...

we shall see...

Georgia Tech is a good team...but...I think you would have seen most of the other top 5 teams run them out of the building...

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                            Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Not exactly the debut I wanted, but the adjustments at the half did work. They've got to tighten up that run D ....
                            Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

and the pass D...

the are a good blitzing team...

but if a good Offense picks that up...they are in trouble...

Comment

• Brett
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

The adjustments they made in the second half? They scored ONE TD and it's not like Georgia Tech is an offensive juggernaut.

Comment

Working...