The Official 2010-2011 Notre Dame Fightin' Irish Sports Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chi-town324
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Feb 2007

now that Demitius Jones is jumping ship (local kid from chicago) so i know a little bit about him, will others follow?

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

EXPOSED!

Now get off NBC!
      http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
      http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• chi-town324
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Feb 2007

Weis has a 10 yr contract...and he is getting good talent..so whats the problem?

Comment

• chi-town324
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Feb 2007

14 points....geez do we say getting better?

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

0-4...lol!
            http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
            http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• chi-town324
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Feb 2007

im not sure they could beat slippery rock at this point

Comment

• conmee
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Mar 2003

A fair weather fan is one who jumps ship during a 5-7 Bob Davie-type year... this is OH and FUCKING FOUR!!!! First time EVER!!!!! More mediocrity than in 119 years of tradition and history and heismans and championships!!!!!

I'm keeping the thread open, but it's beyond pathetic this year... it's interesting, they are so bad, that I don't even think the haters care anymore... I mean what can you do or say about an 0-4 team, that in all likeliehood will be 0-8 before they even have a shot at a win against Duke?

When my UNLV Runnin' Rebels have a better FOOTBALL team than ND, I know it's bad... shit.... although Penn State losing to UM, VABeach, doesn't exactly say they're back either... but at least they got some wins... lol

Only reason for good cheer this college football season or pro for that matter, my Chargers are all fucked up too and Milton Bradley fucked up his kneee.. so basically, my San Diego teams are fucked too!!!!.... is that Van Halen is touring and I'm going to see them in about two months!!!! woohoo!!!!

Haters, come on, come all to look at the steaming pile of shit Weis has built.... top ten talent doesn't mean much when you can't coach... so much for NFL schemes... too bad there aren't cameras on the visitor's sidelines at Notre Dame stadium, perhaps we could win a few stealing signs....

GO IRISH!
                GO UNLV!!!
                GO PADRES!!!
                GO CHARGERS!!!

Icon.
                An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
                hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• chi-town324
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Feb 2007

0-5...this is bullshit

Comment

• chi-town324
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Feb 2007

at UCLA next week....

Comment

• conmee
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Mar 2003

Hardknockz gave me an idea, since he actually started a thread about working for a guy that played for the 76ers... and since there's really nothing interesting to report about Notre Dame this year, here's my quick story...

Back in 2002 I was interviewing for a sales role at IBM. My interviews began in Atlanta, then proceeded to fly me out for a follow-up series of interviews in Chicago, and finally, I flew out to Detroit for a set of interviews with the sales team I'd be working with.

The position I was interviewing for was client rep, basically an account manager. I would be part of a bigger team serving General Motors and some Tier One suppliers like Delphi, Lear, ArvinMeritor, etc.

So I wasn't thrilled about Detroit, but the opportunity to work on that size account with that responsibility was too good to pass up, so I fly on out to Detroit, for pretty much the "fit" interview with the team, since I'd already gone through two series of interviews with the regional general manager and HR. As long as I didn't f-up the Detroit interviews, I was golden.

So everything is going aces, make it to the final interview, which was the global account exec (my future boss). We chat for a bit, and he's a hell of a great guy. We of course talk about Notre Dame as he's an alumni too.

He asks me about the business school and how a number of buildings are new (and the addition to the stadium) since his days (1976-1980). He tells me some great stories about the football games and we laugh about what a pit South Bend is, and that pretty much you live your life on campus out there, with the occasional trip to Corby's, or The 'Backer, etc, some of the watering holes near campus.

Well I notice he has a huge diamond encrusted ring on one of his fingers in addition to a wedding band. And I see the word "Champions" emblazoned on the side of it... now we're just having a great old time talking and laughing....

And so me, being a future sales leader, using my astute powers of perception and assumption (key component being "ass"), I say, "D, that's an awesome ring, I didn't know alumni could by National Championship replica rings!"

So he looks down at the ring, gives a little chuckle, and holds it out right in front of me so I can get a real clear look and says, "Icon, I earned this ring on the '77 team. After God, Family, and Country, it's one of my most cherished possessoins." Or something like that, because I was ready to piss my pants and go home without a job! hahahah

I turn on my charm and go into total fan mode, "Oh wow, D, that's awesome! Really? You played with Joe Montana?!?! That's amazing!" D played on offense his sophomore year on the 1977 championship team. I get him to tell me some stories of the team and Joe, and he said Joe was the nicest, most humble guy, but a real leader, a role model and mentor. And I go on with some moderate adulation/ass-kissing and get to the close of the interview.

I told D that I had concerns about Detroit, because, quite honestly it was like Tikrit or Baghdad. He laughed, and said if I stay north of 10 Mile and west of Telegraph I'd be ok... lol... which was sorta true, I'd go further, say, north of 12 Mile, and west of I-275. But I digress.
                      He said he'd be happy to have me join his team, they needed some new/younger blood (I was 10 years younger than anyone else on the team, the auto industry being a bunch of good ol' boys, so the sales teams tend to be on the older white men configuration).

For the next three years, working with him, he was a fantastic mentor and role model for me, and a great down to earth guy. We'd have a laugh about the interview now and again. But it really is amazing in that in the 70s, you could be a 5'11" or 6' starter on a championship team. I guess it was the fact that we were roughly the same build, and I never considered myself first team football material... I'd get crushed in today's game for sure... but I could pull off being a kicker... lmao!

Anyhow, so that's my story, a brush with greatness, an act of stupidity, and three years of living in America's warzone, Detroit...

That is all.

Icon.

GO IRISH!
                      hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by conmee
                        I'd get crushed in today's game for sure... but I could pull off being a kicker... lmao!
                        I always knew I could kick your ass....
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• conmee
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Mar 2003

LMAO.... I'm 5'11" 185 so I'm not fragile... just seeing some of these athletes today, amazing how much stronger/faster/taller they are now than 20-30 years ago.... plus VA, aren't you a veteran on disability now? I thought you and Pojo got use of the wheelchair ramp at the Greensboro show.... lmao...

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by conmee
                            plus VA, aren't you a veteran on disability now? I thought you and Pojo got use of the wheelchair ramp at the Greensboro show.... lmao...

That is all.

Icon.
                            Sometimes it feels like it, that's for sure...
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• conmee
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Mar 2003

What do you know, the Irish finally are in the win column... of course it didn't hurt that UCLA had to play a walk-on freshman quarterback and they committed 7 turnovers... lol but a win is a win this season...

GO IRISH!

Icon.

Comment

• conmee
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Mar 2003

Well that was horrible... 38-0.... I think Duke is the only winnable game left... Navy is about to break their losing streak to the Irish...

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

Working...