The Official 2010-2011 Notre Dame Fightin' Irish Sports Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Great game...

Yeah...that last second ticked off...and they lost a couple more...in the big house...

If it WASN'T on purpose...perhaps there was some heavenly help...if you believe in that sort of thing...

which doesn't bode well for my buckeyes tonight...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• conmee
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Mar 2003

Brethren and Sistren,

I guess I'd better at least show my face before the next potential meltdown against MSU tomorrow...

The Michigan game was very entertaining, despite the piss poor outcome. A couple seconds difference aside, what the fuck is Tuna doing passing the fucking ball instead of running some time off and forcing Michigan to burn a timeout or two. Shit shit shit... no use rehashing it, but this game should have been a win for the Irish. I swear to Touchdown Jesus, I'm happy if we just beat UM and USC every year, championship or BCS or not... and as you can imagine, I haven't been happy in years.... oh well, too damn old to let it bother me, and I don't have Charlie's address so I can vandalize his front yard with the final score and possibly some comments about his girth etc...

At least Bob Davie beat USC a few times... sheesh...

That is all.

GO IRISH!

Icon.
      An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
      hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Hard to figure this Notre Dame team out. Good offensively...shitty defensively...and bound and determined to play close games...

and somehow make a BCS...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• conmee
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Mar 2003

Brethren and Sistren,

Well, there's a bye this week as the Irish prep for USC... so keys to ND win:

1) USC team contracts swine flu
          2) ND boosters pay off officials
          3) USC plane grounded due to wildfires in SoCal
          4) T-Pain buys Carroll and 5 USC starters a 'drank' at Sunset strip club and are arrested for disorderly conduct

The defense and special teams are going to be the death of this Irish team... poor tackling, poor coverage... I'd love to see a win, but I'm just not feelin' it... if they lose this game (BCS is out of the question), wonder how much slack Weis gets for losing to the only two teams on the schedule that matter (UM and USC).

Oh well, I picked a bad month to quit blow and hookers... damn.

That is all.

Icon.

GO IRISH!!!
          hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

Comment

• chi-town324
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Feb 2007

I don't think they have any real shot beating USC...but little Jimbo could make it interesting, provided his toe is healed.

Comment

• conmee
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Mar 2003

Brethren and Sistren,

I'm not one to pop off with knee-jerk reactions, but I don't think I can post anything good about Notre Dame football (so with nothing nice to say, won't say anything) until Mr. Weis is gone. I really don't care if the team goes 2-10 every year so long as the two wins are USC and Michigan. Conversely, if ND can't beat those two rivals every year, they should damn well better win against the likes of Navy (which I cheer for, except when they play ND, as Dear Old Dad and Grandfather both served, Viet Nam and WWII/Pearl Harbor, respectively). But I digress.

I don't care if the coach is black or white or other, so long as they know the college game and can coach and develop young players. Mr. Weis, recruiting well though he may, does not know how to be a head coach, and does not know how to develop young players. And I'm not one for personal attacks, but I'm also troubled by the way phlegm and spittle form around his mouth, so that by the end of games he looks like he contracted rabies or just finished up a plate of pork chops. Gross. Unprofessional. Carry some baby wipes or something, and clean up, man!

So here we are, the first coach since the 1960s to LOSE to Navy... not once, but TWICE during his tenure! At least Bob Davie beat USC. At least Willingham never lost to Navy. At least O'Leary knew how to use napkins... well, he was coach for a day until his resume leaked.

Point is that I have nothing personal against Weis, he's an alum for goodness' sake. BUT... that's not a free pass to act like an arrogant ass, and then sell your alma mater a bill of goods... he should do the right thing and resign at the end of the year or sooner. There are many good coaches that would come to ND. We don't need a "name" coach from a top 25 school, but we could definitely use a coach or assistant with a collegiate winning track record and a penchant for recruiting and developing those recruits.

I never thought firing Ty Willingham was about race, it was about a dumbass athletic director and administration thinking they could get Urban Meyer. Anyhow, point being that regardless of the reason, I believe KARMA dealt ND Charlie Weis as penance. Ok, we've done a million Our Fathers and a couple dozen Hail Marys, it's time to move on with a new coach.

That is all.

Icon.

GO IRISH!

Comment

• Little Texan
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Charlie Weis was fired Monday. I know Icon and all the other Notre Dame fans on this site must be absolutely heartbroken over this. Who do you think they'll hire as their next coach?

Comment

• High Life Man
                  Commando
                  • Jan 2004

New coach = Brian Kelly

And enough of the independent nonsense. Time to join the Big 10.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

I can confirm that the Big 10 is holding out for Notre Dame...however...there seems to be a push to add one of three teams...

Rutgers, Pitt or Syracuse....

Paterno wants a team in the East...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Bob Stoops rumors are abound for the fighting Irish...I don't buy them...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

They'd be crazy not to go after Brian Kelly, who likely would leave Cincinnati faster than you could say touchdown jesus...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

What about Skip Holtz?

Comment

• High Life Man
                            Commando
                            • Jan 2004

I think that's exactly what they'll do.

Skip Holtz.

Comment

• High Life Man
                              Commando
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                              I can confirm that the Big 10 is holding out for Notre Dame...however...there seems to be a push to add one of three teams...

Rutgers, Pitt or Syracuse....

Paterno wants a team in the East...

Paterno will soon be dead.

Who'll live longer? JoePa or Castro?

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Are they not the same person?

Comment

Working...