The Official 2010-2011 Notre Dame Fightin' Irish Sports Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

I still say Paterno's been dead for about five years...

"Weekend at JoePa's!"
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• High Life Man
      Commando
      • Jan 2004

Kelly's your new coach.

Comment

• conmee
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Mar 2003

Brethren and Sistren,

Brian Kelly is the new head couch, and overall happy with the decision, although I'm still concerned about the putrid defense and the loss of Clausen and Tate. He seems like a stand up guy, but the way he bullshitted his Cincy players doesn't sit right with me. I think he could have at least said to them that he'd listen to ND and NOT told some of his players that he was committed/staying/loves Cincy or whatever he said that convinced some of his Cincy players to come out and state that he was back at Cincy next year. And kind of sucks for the players that he won't be coaching the Sugar Bowl....

I don't know, I was just hoping for a completely smooth, above board, no bullshit, no lying, 100% feel-good hire. Instead, I have an eerie feeling that karma isn't done with the Irish just yet... if he wins 10 to 12 games, beats USC, gets to a BCS game and wins it, then I might feel better... but right now, something tells me the good times aren't yet ready to roll...

That is all.

Icon.

GO IRISH!
        An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
        hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• chi-town324
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Feb 2007

B.K builds programs, and actually wanted the job...unlike Meyer, and Stoops...good hire.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

I don't think the Irish are far from being Notre Dame...

The name still brings recruits, and Kelly's biggest strength might just be his recruiting...in particular in the Mid-west...

tOSU and Michigan are going to take a hit...
            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• hideyoursheep
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2007

I sense more of the same with ND. Kelly's strength was never defense, and isn't that really what plagued them the past few seasons, especially this one? I mean they could score with anyone, but at the same time, couldn't stop anyone. I don't know why Weiss should be the fall guy for bad D, shouldn't they have gone after the D coordinator, or am I talking out of turn?

Not sure about how many of this years' 26 year-old seniors ( ) on the UC squad were Dantonio's boys...but IMO, Kelly comes off as a bigger douche than RichRod with the timing of this move.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                They'd be crazy not to go after Brian Kelly, who likely would leave Cincinnati faster than you could say touchdown jesus...

That church is bigger than the UC athletic facilities.

Comment

• conmee
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Mar 2003

Brethren and Sistren,

I don't think I like the Kelly trend, as he was just talking away about how he might not be at Notre Dame (right now) if Nebraska had won and Cincy was chosen to line up against Alabama in the NC game... he's already made a bit of a mess by the way he left, hell he even had his house egged, so he might want to just not talk about what-ifs and Cincy and just focus on ND and moving forward. But I do find it amusing that everyone gasps and they talk about college football being all about the money as if this is something new... underclassmen abandon their teams to leave early for the NFL, etc, I guarantee 99% of the players aren't there to be "student-athletes." Let's call it like it is, and enough with the feigned outrage and surprise... but at the same time, I still think Kelly could have been more open about the situation...or at least not let his players feel he was making assurances of staying when let's face it, he'd have left Cincy for 5 or 6 possible schools, hell he might have even left for Kansas....lol

That is all.

Icon.

GO IRISH!
                  hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2007

Could he not have waited until after the biggest game in UC's history before leaving? Not many players quit a team prior to a major bowl game to enter the draft.

..and I would have egged his hizzouse if he would have stayed. I'm glad he's gone. Things can get back to normal around here-with tOSU in the top 10 and Cincy....invisible, along with all of their new "fans".

Comment

• conmee
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Mar 2003

HYS,

I'm agreeing with you, I think he should have said, "Boys, Notre Dame has come calling, and I'm gonna listen to them, but not until after we kick Florida's ass!" Or something to that affect. I just don't think six weeks is that big a deal recruiting-wise given some players that committed to Weis just aren't going to come now, and those who are coming to be part of the tradition will come regardless. And then there are players Kelly was recruiting, maybe one or two of them have the grades, lol...

Anyhow, the guy could have just done right by his players...even Urban hung out in Utah for their bowl game after it was known he was heading to Florida.

That is all.

Icon.

GO IRISH!!!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

I don't blame Kelly...I don't blame Notre Dame...

It's the NCAA's fucking fault...they should cap these types of hires until after the last bowl game. They don't...

So Notre Dame...stung year after year hunting for a coach...go after the PR hire as soon as they can to avoid the rumors that were already springing up about SToops and the like...which is what happened the last time...

Then you run into several people saying no...when they haven't even been asked...

and Notre Dame ends up with a 500 lb, shitty ass offensive coordinator...

Kelly says yes...because it's his dream job...and he doesn't want to wait because Notre Dame said we'll take a cheap whore over you if you make us wait...

seriously...

fuck em all...

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2007

I was looking forward to the Kelly-coached ass-spanking UC will receive upon entering the Sugar Bowl.

I guess he saw it coming and got the fuck out of the way before his stock dropped.

Comment

• conmee
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Mar 2003

Brethren and Sistren,

Coach Kelly is none too happy with the state of the offense... four practices in...

"We stink right now. We're just so far from where we need to be as far as attention to detail. This was a step back for us today... you're 18,19,20 year old playing at Notre Dame and it's 70 degrees out and I've got to motivate you?!?!"

I think 2010 will be a long long long year if he can't correct the bad habits that took hold under Mr. Weis (lack of discipline, conditioning, coaching).

That is all.

Icon

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by conmee
                              Brethren and Sistren,

Coach Kelly is none too happy with the state of the offense... four practices in...

"We stink right now. We're just so far from where we need to be as far as attention to detail. This was a step back for us today... you're 18,19,20 year old playing at Notre Dame and it's 70 degrees out and I've got to motivate you?!?!"
                              Man, I saw that interview on ESPN this afternoon...the quote I highlighted doesn't read too well, as you really had to see the man's face as he said it. ND could very well be of interest this season. and it's about time, wouldn't you say?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Top Recruit, Matt James, form St. Xavier out of Cincinnati, died yesterday afternoon when he fell three stories from his balcony in Panama City during Spring Break.

Balcony fall in Panama City Beach kills Notre Dame recruit - UPDATED - The News Herald.

Sad...

I know tOSU wanted this kid in a bad way...

Comment

Working...