• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • perilousepete
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2007

ozzfest for free!!

has anyone been on ozzy's site today?
    apparently ozzfest and livenation teemed up to offer 25 tour dates for free....which to me is just unbelievable.
    just proves ozzy is the fucking shit and still cares about music and is not all about the money, unlike most artists.
    any imput on this?
    http://geocities.com/sirdominic@sbcg...iestrat3yx.jpg
  • perilousepete
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2007

i'm not sure. i know that they're really focussing on getting sponsors to cover a lot of the cost, but no idea what the bands have to pay or anything. the thing is though is that the bands can still sell all of their shirts and merchandise while they're there which they make a ton of money on anyway.

Comment

• Julius
      Foot Soldier
      • Jan 2004

You know those $40 concert tees?

Get ready to pay $80 for them. And bottled water for $10 bux.

There is no such thing as 'free'. I don't trust that cunt Sharon any farther than I could throw her.

Comment

• perilousepete
        Head Fluffer
        • Jan 2007

well i can see where you're comming from man, but we'll see how it goes. i'm optomistic, live nation is a major concert supporter and if they didn't think it would work they wouldn't have bothered to sponsor it.

Comment

• Binky
          Head Fluffer
          • Jan 2007

I heard about this and I'm not 100% happy. I'll show you what I posted elsewhere:

"...a free Ozzfest doesn't sound too good to be true. Well I won't be going but it sounds too suspicious. We think it's a response to Bruce Dickinson's "mention" of Ozzfest being far too expensive which is probably why Sharon resented him. But Bruce was right to complain, a bottle of water there costed $10. At least at Download it's about £2, and a 9" pizza was £5 but the best I've ever had. I mean is Sharon really trying to take advantage of her fans? Nasty piece of work. But back to me main point. If Ozzfest is free there has to be small print, remember these are me own theories with an and/ or status:
          *All merch and foodness will increase in price to make up for costs, and people would have to pay for toilets

People will need to get the tickets on the Ozzfest site soley, which means:
          *They will have to sign up to a sponsership or something and pay so much per month
          *They have to get CDs of all bands playing
          *They will be forced to sign up to third party sponserships, or at least bombed with junk mail
          *They will have to buy all Ozzy/ Coal Chamber/ anything Sharon managed CDs
          *They have to give their card details which gives Sharon the right to take money when she needs it
          *Bands will have shorter sets
          *Who said the camping and other facilities are free as well? In fact these could double in price (NB. I have no idea what sort of festival Ozzfest is because I never cared for it, so I apologise if this is incorrect)

While it's all possible, I don't think they'll hold a free festival without having some kind of small print or they will go out of business. I mean I don't agree to the lineup of Download but at least they operate on a practical basis. I'm very wary and you should be to. I'd say let some sucker get the tickets and let them tell you of the hassle they've had to go through before getting them. *^_^* |m|"

I apologise if some theories are hyperbolie, but it's happened to some of me mates in the past.
          Last edited by Binky; 02-07-2007, 12:52 AM.

Comment

• perilousepete
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2007

yeah i hear that. if it's like that though, it will probably get really bad reviews and sharron and ozzie will look like huge douches and it will only last one year. i mean if it would really be that much of a hassel, i can't see many people attending which would lose everyone even more money so i dunno we'll see if this works or not...see if they got all figured out right

Comment

• Tiki-Tom
              Commando
              • Apr 2006

Re: ozzfest for free!!

Originally posted by perilousepete
              [B
              just proves ozzy is the fucking shit and still cares about music and is not all about the money, unlike most artists.
              any imput on this? [/B]
              He cares does he? Yep, thats why he(She) had parts of his first two classic records rerecorded with other musicians just to avoid paying royalties. Cause Ozzy's all about the music not money thats only one example. Those days are long gone dude. Sharon runs the show called Ozzy now. He can't do anything for himself these days and she is "all about the money".

Sharonfest for free? Not likely. That bitch has got a game plan in the works. Its just a Publicity stunt that will make her sorry ass more money thru sales of merchandise and advertising sponsors.

If its really free, no strings attached then see how long that will last. No way it will be 25 dates.
              Last edited by Tiki-Tom; 02-07-2007, 05:34 AM.
              [

Comment

• rocknrolldork
                Foot Soldier
                • Jun 2004

The reason merch costs so much at shows is because the venue takes a percentage of the sales. When my last band was out doing arenas with Rusted Root, the RR people told us day 1 that we had to have the same merch prices as them and we had to sign with the facility to sell the merch. If we didn't agree with either RR making us mark up our prices or the venue taking a cut we wouldn't be able to sell our merch. That was the first time. The more we played out the more we found that to be the norm.

At a show:

Headliner charges $15-$17 for a disc and $25 for a T. We were only charging $10 for a disc and $10 for a T ($15 for the set) in a club, but had to mark it up to match because they didn't want the opener selling more merch than the headliner. Fucking bullshit. Just another way to screw the fans and the bands at the same time, but mainly the fans. Look for that to go way up for this "free" tour. The tour cannot dictate food prices at the venue. That is already set in stone by the venue itself. The performers and their management can do nothing about it. But they can charge for parking which they didn't do last year.

I'm really interested to see what bands are going to sign up for this tour since there is no pay.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Why is Ozzfest free?

Because without Sabbath as a headliner, nobody gives a shit.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• SparkieD
                    Veteran
                    • Sep 2006

After the hen-grenade incident, they would have to PAY ME to go to Ozzfest.
                    Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
                    Originally posted by rustoffa
                    Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

I was road manager for some friends of mine back in the 90s. We typically sold our t-shirts for 15 bucks, and cds for 10.

When we played coliseums, we were forced to charge 22 bucks for t-shirts, and 15 for CDs.

I have heard the figure $75,000 you have to pay THE FUCKING KUNT to be allowed to be on the bill at all.

While it is nice to say you will allow people to get in for free, after the Iron Maiden spectacle in San Bernardino in August of 2005, I swore thast FUCKING KUNT would never get another cent of my money.

So even if they give the tix away, I am sure I would still have to pay for something.

And somehow, a part of that money (whether for concessions, merch, whatever) would find it's way into her greedy FUCKING KUNT fists.

So as far as i am concerned, Ozzfest can kiss my motherfucking ass.

FUCK SHARON THE KUNT IN THE ASS WITH A RUSTY, FLAMING CHAINSAW!!!

Comment

• Binky
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jan 2007

Lol looks like it's already dead in the water. Sharon would have been safer to have just carried on as normal but everyone thinks there would be too much pain doing this whole thing. Mandy Lion believes this is a good thing because the business is caring more for the fans, but I told him I don't think it's like that, man. In fact I lost all respect for Ozzfest since the Iron Maiden nastiness so I couldn't care much for it.

Or we could get a giant pin and burst the inflation bubble.

And Ford is right, but who is headlining? Is it just Ozzy alone? Ah well, who wants to come to Europe and go to Download (UK), Bloodstock (UK) and Wakken (Germany)? Dunno about Monsters of Rock UK because I've heard too many people say it's been cancelled. *^_^* \m/

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69

I have heard the figure $75,000 you have to pay THE FUCKING KUNT to be allowed to be on the bill at all.
                          Heard the same figure too.

While it is nice to say you will allow people to get in for free, after the Iron Maiden spectacle in San Bernardino in August of 2005, I swore thast FUCKING KUNT would never get another cent of my money.
                          She is an ugly human being inside and out. I pray a lighting rig lands on her.

So as far as i am concerned, Ozzfest can kiss my motherfucking ass.

FUCK SHARON THE KUNT IN THE ASS WITH A RUSTY, FLAMING CHAINSAW!!!
                          Fuck her and O$$fest.

On a side note ... The only way for this cunt to redeem herself would be going back in time , getting her fat drunken lazy ass out of bed and take Randy Rhoads place on that fuckin plane that fateful day.

Fuck her !
                          Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Binky
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Jan 2007

Just had a thought, P&P won't be free, will it? *^_^* \m/

Comment

• Julius
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Jan 2004

Supposedly the tour sponsors, Jagermeister is one of them, will be in charge of ticket distribution.

So how will they distribute the tix? Send in three UPCs of our product and recieve a free Ozzfest ticket?

Fuck Sharon in her cancer-free ass.
                              Last edited by Julius; 02-07-2007, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Working...