Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

I should have remembered that both Peter and Ace were on that tour - the ex was 5 months pregnant with my daughter and she went with me to the show. That woman could ruin anything, including a Kiss show.
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• vh rides again
      Commando
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by SNIPER
      Maybe it is time for me to go to my first Kiss concert. I was a never fan but I might go before it's too late. My first Kiss album was Lick It Up. Maybe that was my first mistake.
      You should go.

Hey no matter what anyone here says about kiss, they put on an unmatched show for sure.
      They are loud as fuck and sound phenomenal , I've never heard them sound bad. You can feel the heat from the flames 40 rows back and that ain't no shit.
      They are so fucking loud that your ears will ring for days and the pounding in your chest will scare you
      I have seen kiss at least 15 times and am a card carrying member of the kiss army, proud of it too.

I will admit that gene is a fucking douchebag and Paul is no doubt a queer but those fuckers will rock your balls off no matter who you've seen before.
      The only time I've ever been disappointed by kiss was seeing them live without makeup.

And the chicks at kiss concerts are fucking nuts.

Get the best seats you can and hold on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Roth And Roll
      Last edited by vh rides again; 04-10-2012, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

At the end of the day KISS are rock and roll legends. Look at how much they were copied. They pioneered the big stage, the pyrotechnics, the smoke, and the merchandising and shamelessly sold it. Don't we wish Van Halen shamelessly sold it to us? The biggest complaint I heard from VH fans was "I want more!"
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
          ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by silverfish
          And now for something truly pathetic, KISS on Dancing
          With the Stars, April 9, 2012:

(and if I'm not mistaken, I heard the guy at the end say
          "They'll be back tomorrow [Tuesday the 10th].)
          I actually rather enjoyed it
          I really love you baby, I love what you've got
          Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• silverfish
            Foot Soldier
            • Mar 2007

Not sure if/when this one will be removed but it's available now - Lick It Up

Originally posted by sadaist
            I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• kissfan1976
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2010

paul-stanley of kiss on ace frehley and peter criss "I was never really friends-with them"

In the 1994 KISS MY ASS video collection Paul calls Ace his"Good Buddy".
              Heaven's Not On Fire
              Paul's Pants Are.
              Last edited by kissfan1976; 07-06-2012, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Kiss was my first band of interest. I dug them from age 7 to however old I was when that disappointing Unmasked came out. Saw them in '96 and that gave me the closure I needed for being too young to see them in the late seventies. Seeing them continue with pretenders in Ace and Peter's make up, the Dr. Pepper commercials, Dancing with the (wish they were) Stars....just nauseating. I feel way more sorry for the die hard KISS fans than the CVH purists. Present day KISS really smacks their origin in the face.
                Last edited by DLR Bridge; 07-06-2012, 09:22 AM.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

I'd had Ace's book for at least six months, but just started reading it last night....

Skipped all of the childhood/teenage stuff....

Went right to the part where he auditioned for KISS, and started playing their first few gigs....

And I'll get Peter's book when that comes out as well....
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Are you sure telling the world that you read KI$$ books is a good idea ??

I mean, KI$$ tried to hide their identity...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
                      Are you sure telling the world that you read KI$$ books is a good idea ??

I mean, KI$$ tried to hide their identity...

And they did it for 10 years....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

So, your ten years is up ??

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
                          So, your ten years is up ??

Me? I'm not hiding anything....

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Hey, Maybe a KI$$ Closet™ would be a good markeing idea...

Call Gene !!

Comment

• fourthcoming

I always thought Kiss' demos always sounded heavier than what came out on record. Ace has always been my favorite member of the band....I have tried to swear off Kiss from time to time over the years....but I can't help it....still enjoy em. Gene got his marketing mits on me when I was a young buck. I can remember having Kiss cards, an Ace frehley doll, and Kiss: dressed to kill at around age 6. Thanks mom....drove my pops crazy...he wanted me to listen to Zeppelin...which I eventually, thankfully did.

Last edited by Guest; 07-06-2012, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• fourthcoming

Comment

Working...