• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    Why not?

What other things don't you believe in that science says is fact?

Shutup.

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Right.

Science has never falsified data due to payoffs.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Name an example where a whole branch of science has 'falsified data' because that's what your conspiracy would need.

This climate change denial in the US is the equivalent of pretending that all the doctors in the world have got together and invented an imaginary disease called AIDS in order to get money for treating it.

If you don't 'believe' in science maybe you shouldn't be using a computer on the internet since they obviously don't exist either.

Comment

• Candy Girl

Name an example where a whole branch of science has 'falsified data' because that's what your conspiracy would need.

This climate change denial in the US is the equivalent of pretending that all the doctors in the world have got together and invented an imaginary disease called AIDS in order to get money for treating it.
          So now it would be your turn for naming an example of that quote, yes?

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I don't understand the confusion here.

I guess it would have been even clearer if I had said 'This climate change denial in the US would be like pretending...'

Anyway I'm getting dragged in again arguing this when I don't care enough either way about your children being in a desert after I'm dead.

This brainwash of about half of the otherwise seemingly sensible population of America is quite odd and interesting though.

It really makes me fear for your future in the USA for a number of reasons. Without science the US is fucked and it seems about 50% of Americans don't know enough about science to know how little they know.

Here's a thought, in the middle ages in the middle East the Arabs were a way ahead of us technologically. This went on for hundreds of years so how did we end up more advanced?

Free markets, embracing the scientific method and not having religions in the workplace is what made the West overtake them and allows you to post here or anywhere else.

Do the people who have decided not to believe in climate change have any evidence at all or is it just a superstition thing?
            Last edited by Seshmeister; 06-23-2011, 11:06 PM.

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Do the people who have decided not to believe in climate change have any evidence at all or is it just a superstition thing?
              I had a (yet another, fucking tiring) debate with a friend tonight when the subject came up, and all he could point to is the single publicized case of evidence-tampering, against the otherwise Mt. Kilimanjaro of non-tampered-with evidence STILL supporting the theory...mind-boggling, I tell ya.
              Originally posted by conmee
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
              Originally posted by eddie78
              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • May 2010

Just sit your Republican Friend down and ask them an old saying: Don't Shit in your own Nest. Does that resonate with them? So, ask them to put their kids in a gymnasium and allow me to put a car's tailpipe shunted into the closed gymnasium. See the closed system? So apparently....Republicans LIKE to shit in their own nest.
                Last edited by SunisinuS; 06-24-2011, 02:07 AM. Reason: Sorry. I don't.
                Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

And on their secret boyfriends chest...

Comment

• Candy Girl

I don't understand the confusion here.

I guess it would have been even clearer if I had said 'This climate change denial in the US would be like pretending...'

Anyway I'm getting dragged in again arguing this when I don't care enough either way about your children being in a desert after I'm dead.

This brainwash of about half of the otherwise seemingly sensible population of America is quite odd and interesting though.

It really makes me fear for your future in the USA for a number of reasons. Without science the US is fucked and it seems about 50% of Americans don't know enough about science to know how little they know.

Here's a thought, in the middle ages in the middle East the Arabs were a way ahead of us technologically. This went on for hundreds of years so how did we end up more advanced?

Free markets, embracing the scientific method and not having religions in the workplace is what made the West overtake them and allows you to post here or anywhere else.

I actually do believe in science and there is something to the climate change, whether natural or not. All I am trying to show you is that you are coming across like a pompus ass and therefore people are going to tune you out whether or not you have a valid point.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Candy Girl
                      I actually do believe in science and there is something to the climate change, whether natural or not. All I am trying to show you is that you are coming across like a pompus ass and therefore people are going to tune you out whether or not you have a valid point.

That's not how you spell pompous you silly little woman.

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by SunisinuS
                        Just sit your Republican Friend down and ask them an old saying: Don't Shit in your own Nest. Does that resonate with them? So, ask them to put their kids in a gymnasium and allow me to put a car's tailpipe shunted into the closed gymnasium. See the closed system? So apparently....Republicans LIKE to shit in their own nest.
                        Great analogy.
                        That's another thing that got me...this dude has kids - he's got more of a dog in this fight than I do, his kids are the ones that are going to suffer a couple of decades from now...! Ironically, he was also trying to give me the "don't shit where you eat" lecture in the same conversation on my potentially dating a hot co-worker (usually don't, would make an exception in this case, she's awesome), but he needs to extrapolate that concept to this as well...
                        Originally posted by conmee
                        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                        Originally posted by eddie78
                        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Scientists are at a loss to explain why the average Earth surface temperature has leveled off and in some areas has even cooled in the last few years.

I have no doubt that mankind has, overall, increased carbon emissions.

However, the recent tornadoes and hurricanes are nothing new. Check your history.

Banning the hummer and SUV's will do nothing to help the environment. It's just a "feel good" thing.

This global warming issue is just another partisan political issue when you get right down to it.

Oh yeah...and algore is still an idiot. Thank God the SCOTUS stopped his attempted coup in 2000 in its tracks.
                          “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by BigBadBrian

I have no doubt that mankind has, overall, increased carbon emissions.
                            Interesting, what's your position on the whole 'The sky is blue' controversy?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Oops...
                              Last edited by Seshmeister; 06-24-2011, 12:59 PM. Reason: misread

Comment

• sadaist
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jul 2004

Interesting, what's your position on the whole 'The sky is blue' controversy?

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...