Another Shooting, This Time at ELEMENTARY SCHOOL in Connecticut....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

If you get too buddy buddy with your kids and come down to the friend level you lose your respect as a parent. It's like being a boss with employees. You can be likable and friendly but never get too friendly or you lose your authority because you have become too close. You always have to make sure you have the respect factor there and you lose it becoming a chum. That's why they say it's lonely at the top. It is.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Angel
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
      If you get too buddy buddy with your kids and come down to the friend level you lose your respect as a parent. It's like being a boss with employees. You can be likable and friendly but never get too friendly or you lose your authority because you have become too close. You always have to make sure you have the respect factor there and you lose it becoming a chum. That's why they say it's lonely at the top. It is.
      Yup. You have to find that balance where they can come to you to talk but still respect your authority. There's plenty of time to be friends once they are adults.
      "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Satan
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Published on Saturday, December 15, 2012 by Common Dreams
        A Culture That Condones The Killing Of Children And Teaches Children To Kill
        by Lucinda Marshall

The Sandy Hook massacre isn’t just about the need for gun control laws, it is about a culture that condones the killing of children and teaches children that killing is okay.

It is about a country addicted to violence on television and movie screens.

It is about cuts in education spending.

It is about giving the military free access to our schools where they regale our children with romanticized delusions of military righteousness.

It is about environmental and health policies that expose our children to all manner of toxins in the air, land and water.

It is about thinking we have the right to kill children with drones or by dropping toxic munitions on their countries that cause birth defects and miscarriages.

It is about saddling our children with crippling education debt and no prospect for jobs.

It is about telling boys (and men) they have to be tough and to fight and kill for what they want or think is right.

It is about a national policy that denies children basic rights and systemically teaches them that violence is okay.

And it is about a media so insensitive that it thinks it is okay to shove a microphone in the face of young victims in the name of sensationalized 24/7 cable “news” while under-reporting the root causes of this tragedy.

Sandy Hook did not happen because of a lone, disturbed young man and it is not an isolated incident. It is an epidemic and we are all to blame. And today (and tomorrow and every day after that) is the time to confront this self-inflicted tragedy.

Lucinda Marshall

Lucinda Marshall is the Founder and Director of the Feminist Peace Network, http://www.feministpeacenetwork.org. She is the author of the FPN blog as well as Reclaiming Medusa, http://www.lucindamarshall.com
        Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
        I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Satan
          Published on Saturday, December 15, 2012 by Common Dreams
          A Culture That Condones The Killing Of Children And Teaches Children To Kill
          by Lucinda Marshall

The Sandy Hook massacre isn’t just about the need for gun control laws, it is about a culture that condones the killing of children and teaches children that killing is okay.

It is about a country addicted to violence on television and movie screens.

It is about cuts in education spending.

It is about giving the military free access to our schools where they regale our children with romanticized delusions of military righteousness.

It is about environmental and health policies that expose our children to all manner of toxins in the air, land and water.

It is about thinking we have the right to kill children with drones or by dropping toxic munitions on their countries that cause birth defects and miscarriages.

It is about saddling our children with crippling education debt and no prospect for jobs.

It is about telling boys (and men) they have to be tough and to fight and kill for what they want or think is right.

It is about a national policy that denies children basic rights and systemically teaches them that violence is okay.

And it is about a media so insensitive that it thinks it is okay to shove a microphone in the face of young victims in the name of sensationalized 24/7 cable “news” while under-reporting the root causes of this tragedy.

Sandy Hook did not happen because of a lone, disturbed young man and it is not an isolated incident. It is an epidemic and we are all to blame. And today (and tomorrow and every day after that) is the time to confront this self-inflicted tragedy.

Lucinda Marshall

Lucinda Marshall is the Founder and Director of the Feminist Peace Network, http://www.feministpeacenetwork.org. She is the author of the FPN blog as well as Reclaiming Medusa, http://www.lucindamarshall.com
          Don't forget the GMO foods our government refuses to label. Oh it's time for another youth rebellion but sadly the kids today have less balls than even the hippies had.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Zing!
            From what I've observed at the middle school level, more often than not it's being ignored by parents buying Mature rated games for their 11, 12, 13 year olds.
            If the parent bought it, then that parent obviously thinks their kid can handle it. Maybe the kid can't handle it, but that's not up to the guy running the register to decide. It's not up to you to decide, and it sure as hell ain't up to the government to decide.

If the kid goes into Gamestop and they sell the "rated M" game to the kid, with no parent/guardian around, then there's a problem.

I haven't read a whole lot about this case. Knowing all those kids died is enough for me. Most of what I have read is that the mother was a prepper who had a lot of guns. Being a prepper isn't illegal, and having a bunch of guns isn't illegal. But if she didn't have them secured properly, then yeah, there's the problem.

More gun control will not keep this from happening. There are tons of inner city (read: non-Caucasian) children killed by gunfire every year. There was at least one in Cleveland this year, a 12 year old girl caught in the crossfire of two wannabe thugs, and there's always someone who gets hit by a stray bullet shot into their home. And let's not forget the school shooting in February here, the shooter allegedly took the gun from his uncle's collection.
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by fourthcoming
              The problem goes way beyond gun control. Society in general is decaying.
              Bingo!!!
              “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                Fuck, I wouldn't even sign the permission slip for my son to get his driver's license because he wasn't responsible.
                To be honest, I don't think most (I said most, people) 16-year-olds are responsible enough to be driving an automobile.
                Last edited by BigBadBrian; 12-18-2012, 09:43 AM.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                  If you get too buddy buddy with your kids and come down to the friend level you lose your respect as a parent.
                  "I'm your parent, and I love you, but I'm not your friend." Something my kids hear a lot.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Oh Bullshit!!!

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Lucinda Marshall
                      Shenanigans. It did happen because of a lone, crazed gunman who should have had his ass kicked by both parents instead of being the spoiled little shit he truly was. Everything else Lucinda wrote is circumstantial liberal agenda horseshit.

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                        "I'm your parent, and I love you, but I'm not your friend." Something my kids hear a lot.
                        The very thought of you reproducing yourself makes my skin crawl.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

I bet they can't wait to get out of that fucking trailer...

Comment

• Zing!
                            Veteran
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by twonabomber
                            If the parent bought it, then that parent obviously thinks their kid can handle it. Maybe the kid can't handle it, but that's not up to the guy running the register to decide. It's not up to you to decide, and it sure as hell ain't up to the government to decide.
                            Not saying I should decide, or would even want to. Just saying it's a fact and one piece of a very convoluted puzzle.
                            My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Angel
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

I thought a truce had been announced for this thread. You guys may have broken an Israel/Palestine broken truce record on this one...
                              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

That's how it goes...

People suck...

Doesn't matter if it's here or Israel or whatever...

Comment

Working...