X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    Funnily enough I remember flying international a few weeks after 9-11 and the only flight that left on time was the El AL one.
    El Al is well managed and is of course a juicy target for terrorists and they have their security systems but yet do a job of keeping it out of the average passengers face. I don't see why we don't adopt that model.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
      ElAl knows their shit when it comes to this sort of thing because they have been doing it longer than anybody. I'm not exactly endorsing their methods, because it's obviously based on profiling Muslims, but at least they do it in a way that uses targeted questions and "psychological profiling" as opposed to groping and radiation.
      I have no problem profiling any group where the threat may lie. Once you let political correctness into the security profiling you can't do anything. It's all about looking for trends and patterns and once you put the political correctness lens on it, it's screwed. You have to profile and when you see a real threat you do something about it. Why do the 99.9% of the people have to suffer and be treated like shit?

Comment

• Satan
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
        I have no problem profiling any group where the threat may lie. Once you let political correctness into the security profiling you can't do anything. It's all about looking for trends and patterns and once you put the political correctness lens on it, it's screwed. You have to profile and when you see a real threat you do something about it. Why do the 99.9% of the people have to suffer and be treated like shit?
        So why not apply that same logic to the "gun control" debate in this country?

I don't think any sane person would dispute that THIS person......

looks far more dangerous than some brown skinned guy praying on a rug.
        Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
        I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

Student Uses AR-15 to Stop Home Invasion

Rochester, N.Y. — Early Tuesday morning, Christopher Boise heard a noise coming from the basement. As he walked toward the source of that noise, the RIT student noticed two men standing in the downstairs portion of his apartment.

"They were waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs," said Boise.

One of them had a handgun trained on Boise.

Within moments, Boise screamed. His cries were heard by his roommate, Raymond.

"It wasn't like a, 'I stepped by stepped on a piece of glass' kind of scream," Raymond said. "So, I instinctively went to my gun bag."

Raymond owns an AR-15 which is a military style rifle.

Raymond estimated that just five seconds passed until the door started to open. It was one of the intruders.

"By the time I had it out and ready, one of the men came at my door, slowly opened it, saw that there was a barrel on the other side and from there backed out," Raymond said.

The two men fled the apartment.

Nothing was taken and no shots were fired.

The rifle was not loaded at the time of the home invasion, according to Raymond.

"They decided this place was a good place to rob, just a wrong decision on their part," Raymond said.

"I'm happy he saved my life. I was very thankful he had his (gun)," said Boise.

Raymond, who is from New York City, said he uses the rifle for sport shooting at local gun ranges.

"The weapon was legal and he protected his property, said Rochester Police Chief James Sheppard. "We're thankful that no one was injured," he said.

Sheppard said there were BB rounds near the broken glass window.

Police are still looking for suspects. If you have any information, contact CrimeStoppers at 585-423-9300.

Hey, didn't Jizzystool live and work in the Rochester area?

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Satan
            So why not apply that same logic to the "gun control" debate in this country?

I don't think any sane person would dispute that THIS person......

looks far more dangerous than some brown skinned guy praying on a rug.
            You can spin it anyway you like but I doubt the guys in the above photo would be any kind of danger to people who left them alone. They aren't breaking the law. They are just demonstrating legally. The point they are making is if you try to take that right away from them then you might have something to worry about. Bill Clinton has warned people to lay off of it. He's smart enough to know pushing the gun control bit too far will open pandora's box. In the middle of a bad economy when the government has pretty much demonstrated it doesn't care about The Bill of Rights anymore the paranoia is very high right now. The politicians fear the people (it's why they are clamping down now) and the people fear the government.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Bullshit. Anybody who walks around in a public park with a goddamned assault rifle is obviously mentally ill. And a mentally ill person should not have ANY gun.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Headly1984
                Head Fluffer
                • Jul 2011

the above story about home defense with an unloaded AR-15 is why a gun should be kept loaded, that kid got lucky he was up against a half azzed criminal

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

What the fuck does home defense have to do with some crazy assed teabagging nutbag walking around in public with a military weapon?
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Hardrock69
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2005

I thought the title of this thread was the NEXT shooting thread.

Guess I was wrong.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

There weren't any threads around her with titles like "Scaring criminals with unloaded AR-15s".

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

You really expected a thread that started with an Alex Jones conspiracy theory to stay on topic?
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Hardrock69
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2005

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Headly1984

I did read a funny quote "it is too late to change the system from within and too early to shoot the bastids"

On the radio news I heard a quote from some anti-gun lady at a rally talking about assault rifles. She said...

"no one needs an assault weapon. Those are for war"

I thought, exactly. That is exactly why we need them. In the event we the people have to go to war. I truly believe the founding fathers intended the citizens to be armed just as an invading army would be to protect or sovereignty, freedom and liberty. And not rely totally on a volunteer army led by a few men who could be easily corrupted.

*and yeah yeah, but the armed forces have airplanes, helicopters, ships, smart bombs, etc... But 330,000,000 armed citizens is gonna be a rough go.
                            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
                              Bullshit. Anybody who walks around in a public park with a goddamned assault rifle is obviously mentally ill. And a mentally ill person should not have ANY gun.
                              So, walking around with a weapon is reason to confiscate it ??

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                                So, walking around with a weapon is reason to confiscate it ??
                                It was in the Old West...

Comment

Working...