• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MAX
    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidFlamma
    The rest of the world has finally realized that it's DAVE OR THE FUCKING GRAVE.
    I wish it were that true. However, VH 'tis relatively an unkown, nostalgia act to most of the world. I mean, anyone with half a brain who remembers VH KNOWS Dave's the gig. I just find this whole chain of recent events interesting to say the least.

Fuck, this bluegrass album 'tis getting (beyond more deservingly too) far more publicity than that gawwd awful Van Hagar "Reuinion" crap from two years ago. That's got me eating and smiling anyway!!!
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• MAX
      Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
      Dave is the star, baby...

Goodnight all...

Later G!!!

G'Nite.
      EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

"I get up, and nothing gets me down!"
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• bantonelli
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Nov 2004

Congratulations Dave on 'Strummin with the Devil" debut CD!!!!

CBS ratings went DOWN tonight!
          How about a little Fire and Pitchfork at Your Asses....Scarecrows!!!

Hey CBS Suits....Looks like NBCs Arbitron ratings JUMPed SKY HIGH TONITE

THANKS TO DAVE.
          "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

I think Ellen's show is done for the summer...I think that's just a rumor...
            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Panamark
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Made me JUMP

MADE ME SMILE !

C'mon Eddie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously ! Its TIME !
              BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Van Squalen
                Groupie
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by MAX
                I just wanna get this straight?

He's done FOX, CMT, Leno and he's scheduled for Ellen Degeneres, The View and Conan O' Brien?

Fuckin' cool stuff.

But ALL of this promotion for a Van Halen, Bluegrass, Cover album that he only sings on like two tracks?

Personally, I think it's fucking outstanding. However, I don't understand the media blitz?

Regardless, I'll fuckin' take it and hope to a heck of a lot more!!!
                Is there a true ulterior motive? Or is he just payin' homage to his blues roots? I'm glad he's out and about...but I wish he'd play public nicey with Ed. That'd give me more hope than passive slams.

Comment

• MAX
                  Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by VanSqualen
                  Is there a true ulterior motive? Or is he just payin' homage to his blues roots? I'm glad he's out and about...but I wish he'd play public nicey with Ed. That'd give me more hope than passive slams.
                  Nice to see you here Squal,

Let me be the first to give you a salute. Your knowledge will REALLY be appreciated here at The Army. Seriously, it's stellar having you here.

Look, I was just talking to Poj about this. Think back twenty years ago? We were all awaiting the release of EEAS. Now fastforward...

Dave's ALL fucking over the media?

I think something's happening. I mean Dave's been all over in 2006.

He's also seemed to mellow considerably. Just like Elvis said, what a great television performance tonight, eh?

No "upstaging" nor "Monkey Hour" to speak of.

Plus, his voice was fantastic. When he sang, he was actually going for it and SINGING. He's totally into it.

This is a weird but great vibe I'm getting from Dave.

What do you think?
                  EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• MAX
                    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Panamark

Made me JUMP

MADE ME SMILE !

C'mon Eddie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously ! Its TIME !
                    PANAMARK!!!

Sorry mate but I'm STILL so stoked to have you back!!!

Sooooooo... You saw the performance? It was great wasn't it?

Fuck, we have Dave ALL OVER the media and Marky Mark 'tis back, what more do we need? lol.
                    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Van Squalen
                      Groupie
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by MAX
                      Nice to see you here Squal,

Let me be the first to give you a salute. Your knowledge will REALLY be appreciated here at The Army. Seriously, it's stellar having you here.

Look, I was just talking to Poj about this. Think back twenty years ago? We were all awaiting the release of EEAS. Now fastforward...

Dave's ALL fucking over the media?

I think something's happening. I mean Dave's been all over in 2006.

He's also seemed to mellow considerably. Just like Elvis said, what a great television performance tonight, eh?

No "upstaging" nor "Monkey Hour" to speak of.

Plus, his voice was fantastic. When he sang, he was actually going for it and SINGING. He's totally into it.

This is a weird but great vibe I'm getting from Dave.

What do you think?
                      I definitely agree something seems to be up with the Diamond.

I just can't figure out what it is. And usually, I can. Not like he's a closed book. He's promo'ing the crap outta this southern CD. Why? He could promo his OWN cd just as easily.

It bodes...but for what? A change in style?

I still find it strange that both Dave and Sam have chucked back to some country styles in the same year. Weird.

Comment

• Golden AWe
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Panamark

Made me JUMP

MADE ME SMILE !

Seriously ! Its TIME !
                        Same thing here - JAMIE'S CRYIN' may sound better BUT I feel I like this version of JUMP better than the original...hahahha

The original version makes me go "VH has better songs than this pop hit"...

This one made me smile and the performance was good...GRATE!
                        Originally posted by Cato
                        Golden, why are you FAT?
                        Originally posted by lesfunk
                        Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                        http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• MAX
                          Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Golden AWe
                          Same thing here - JAMIE'S CRYIN' may sound better BUT I feel I like this version of JUMP better than the original...hahahha
                          Don't laugh AWe cos I told DG the same thing upon hearing the BG version of "Jump" when he first plyed it on his radio show.

Dunno if it's cos I've been so sick of the original version since first hearing it in '84 or the fact that the BG version is just so "fun" and the fact that Dave's obviously so into singing it?

Regardless, it has a great vibe and that's all that matters anyway.
                          EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Golden AWe
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by MAX
                            Don't laugh AWe cos I told DG the same thing upon hearing the BG version of "Jump" when he first plyed it on his radio show.

Dunno if it's cos I've been so sick of the original version since first hearing it in '84 or the fact that the BG version is just so "fun" and the fact that Dave's obviously so into singing it?

Regardless, it has a great vibe and that's all that matters anyway.
                            Exactly...I laughed at the FUN of it!
                            Originally posted by Cato
                            Golden, why are you FAT?
                            Originally posted by lesfunk
                            Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                            http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• BALLYJUNKIE
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Nov 2004

IS THAT THE SAME DAVID LEE ROTH ,I SAW 1981 DRINKING "JACK" AND JUMPING OFF THE DRUM RISER ?AFTER THIS SHOW I THINK HE HAD A WARM GLASS OF MILK !!!!

Comment

• MAX
                                Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BALLYJUNKIE
                                IS THAT THE SAME DAVID LEE ROTH ,I SAW 1981 DRINKING "JACK" AND JUMPING OFF THE DRUM RISER ?AFTER THIS SHOW I THINK HE HAD A WARM GLASS OF MILK !!!!
                                Well good boy and welcome to 2006.

No and thankfully it ISN'T the "same" Dave from 26 years ago. Is that the same YOU from 1981 with a pocket full of quarters, headin' to the arcade, wearing checkered Vans and listening to a Sony Walkman the size of a shoebox strapped to your waist? lol

Would you rather see Dave put on that retaaded, redicules lookin', white long hair thing from a few years back, wear spandex and be the butt of endless jokes or act his age, singing beyond stellar whilst having fun as he's doing right now?
                                Last edited by MAX; 06-07-2006, 05:08 AM.
                                EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

Working...