Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Vic the Busboy had 25 years to learn how to play Eddie's guitar parts and never got there. So it's probably a safe assumption he never would have. So if Sam's really looking to be a Van Hagar tribute band "full time" he's going to need somebody who can actually play the songs.

If Sammy wants to sing the cheese ballads that he co-wrote, he's got every right to do so. I'm not going to the show either way, but as long as other people are going to pay to hear that alleged "music", they might as well play it as correctly as possible. On the other hand, if this "deep dive" implication is that Sobolewski (or God forbid, Hagar himself) are going to be singing more Van HALEN songs from the 6 pack, that's something else entirely. And would they dare try to sing something from the ADKOT album, which neither of them had any involvement in (though Mikey was probably there when all of those songs were originally written... even the "new" songs on that record, which were most likely written during the aborted VH reunion of 2000-2001)
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Von Halen
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
      Vic the Busboy had 25 years to learn how to play Eddie's guitar parts and never got there. So it's probably a safe assumption he never would have. So if Sam's really looking to be a Van Hagar tribute band "full time" he's going to need somebody who can actually play the songs.

If Sammy wants to sing the cheese ballads that he co-wrote, he's got every right to do so. I'm not going to the show either way, but as long as other people are going to pay to hear that alleged "music", they might as well play it as correctly as possible. On the other hand, if this "deep dive" implication is that Sobolewski (or God forbid, Hagar himself) are going to be singing more Van HALEN songs from the 6 pack, that's something else entirely. And would they dare try to sing something from the ADKOT album, which neither of them had any involvement in (though Mikey was probably there when all of those songs were originally written... even the "new" songs on that record, which were most likely written during the aborted VH reunion of 2000-2001)
      Anthony is going to sing more CVH than just the one he's been doing more recently.

Comment

• Silexxx
        Head Fluffer
        • Sep 2010

Here's Joe's attempt to play Mean Street intro. Then they play 5150. That sounds okay until Spam starts to sing about love lines.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
          Looking at the presale, tickets are showing $49 to $309+. VIP packages $418. Mr. "I Don't Need The Money!" strikes again!

The Rock Hall usually has a member presale for inductee shows. I haven't seen an email yet. Maybe they don't want any part of this either.

I would love to see Wolfgang shit on this.
          “Sam was all about the money.” -Eddie Van Halen-

Wolfgang is going to shit on it by ignoring it. That will drive Sam more nuts than if he said anything. There’s no bigger diss that acting like someone doesn’t even exist. Al gets that concept.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Everyone is going to honor Van Halen except for anyone who’s a Van Halen.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Roth will ignore this too. Sauce and Sam will look dumb as fuck. Ed had his problems but he was right about those two. Well get the Cheese Whiz. The carnival, the Red Clown and his side kick just rolled in. Don’t bend over and watch your wallet!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Joe’s tone sounds like a buzz saw though a tube. Come on Joe. Ed had more harump to his sound. You want a nice curvy woman not some chick with Anorexia. Oh God it’s horrible. Ok. It’s all yours Captain Sam. Take it out full steam ahead. There’s an ice berg out there with your name on it.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

I’m off to take a long shower after listening to this. I need to cleanse my soul of this corruption. There are no bigger cock gobbling whores than Sammy Hagar and Howard Stern. Like a skunk they pollute the air.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                    This just came up on the UCR article on FB: "If you're gonna go deep into the Van Halen catalog, you need Joe Satriani," Hagar told Howard Stern.

So Sammy finally admits his "brother," Vic Johnson, isn't up to the task. He jettisons David Lauser, then gets rid of Mona for Michael Anthony, and dumps Vic a second time for Satch.
                    Sam isn’t loyal to anyone. His first wife knows that better than anyone. Look at that slip up he said about Ed not too long ago. He’s dumb enough thinking some technically proficient shredder is going to replace Eddie Van Halen. It’s pure stupidity but the loyal Sammy deplorables will eat it up like flies on a fresh steaming turd.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                      I’m off to take a long shower after listening to this. I need to cleanse my soul of this corruption. There are no bigger cock gobbling whores than Sammy Hagar and Howard Stern. Like a skunk they pollute the air.
                      I didnt subject my ears to it so didn't watch thankfully.

Sauce singing more CVH is a fucking joke. He's not a lead singer. His vocals complimented well with Dave's voice but as a background vocalist. That is all.
                      =V V=
                      ole No.1 The finest
                      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

What is it about the 2020’s? I’ve seen more stupid shit this decade than all the others I’ve lived trough combined.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Sam isn’t loyal to anyone. His first wife knows that better than anyone. Look at that slip up he said about Ed not too long ago. He’s dumb enough thinking some technically proficient shredder is going to replace Eddie Van Halen. It’s pure stupidity but the loyal Sammy deplorables will eat it up like flies on a fresh steaming turd.
                          Oh for sure.

And what about Jason Bonham?

He played his Dad's drum parts adequately. It was passable the last time Zep played (2007). But him playing Al's parts? Would probably sound worse.
                          =V V=
                          ole No.1 The finest
                          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

What is it about the 2020’s? I’ve seen more stupid shit this decade than all the others I’ve lived trough combined.
                            World is so fucked up yes.
                            =V V=
                            ole No.1 The finest
                            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                              I didnt subject my ears to it so didn't watch thankfully.

Sauce singing more CVH is a fucking joke. He's not a lead singer. His vocals complimented well with Dave's voice but as a background vocalist. That is all.
                              Only Mike and Sam piss in the Holy of Holies. They need to be struck down by lightning.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Only Mike and Sam piss in the Holy of Holies. They need to be struck down by lightning.
                                You just know they're gonna throw up that gay Van Hagar hand sign not to mention bring back the gay ass 5150 walk.
                                =V V=
                                ole No.1 The finest
                                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

Working...