Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • golitely
    Roadie
    • Nov 2011

Was driving in the car yesterday and Panama came on the radio. I was able to use my new-found knowledge to impress my daughter—she who asked what Panama was. She asked me how I knew that, and of course, I gave credit where credit is due. Thanks everyone. Got rack up those hero points before puberty sets in.

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

I thought Panama was the name gave to his 51 Mercury. Notice it's that car that is in the video.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

What? I thought the song was "Padded Bra"?

Listening to Shoo Bop.....so glad Dave got back with Van Halen....and I'll just leave it at that.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by golitely
          Was driving in the car yesterday and Panama came on the radio. I was able to use my new-found knowledge to impress my daughter—she who asked what Panama was. She asked me how I knew that, and of course, I gave credit where credit is due. Thanks everyone. Got rack up those hero points before puberty sets in.

Wanna earn even more "Cool" points, point out that the WHHOOOOSH sound during the slow part is Eddies Lamborghini that they backed up to the studio & revved up the engine. People trip out & love when I point that out to them.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Probably true. Lamborghini V12 engines make that sound. One of the best sounding engines ever made. Of course people wreak them by over reving them without the proper warm up and the cylinder liners go loose. Never drive a Lamborghini hard until the temperature gauge starts to move off the peg.

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
              Never drive a Lamborghini hard until the temperature gauge starts to move off the peg.

Yeah sure man. I'll be sure to make a note for the next time I hop into my Lambo.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

I bought a 79 Countach with a blown engine. Had my cousin overhaul the engine and it's pretty much been a trouble free car since. I'm looking forward to the gas prices this summer. You can get into an exotic car for less money than you think but you have to buy used and work on them yourself. Also, know the VIN part numbers because a lot of the parts came from other suppliers. The Lamborghini dealer will charge you $25 for a spark plug. I always like the older Lamborghinis because they really were built to be road cars. Ferrari just made cars to finance his racing operation. Nothing too complicated. Just a tank of an engine and transmission. You either love em or hate em. Where the money is on a Countach is the tubular frame. I lucked out and found one that the leather hadn't shrunk or cracked. Replacing the leather interior is expensive as well. Most these cars have low miles. People buy them and find they are a pain to drive around and just keep them in their collection. One big problem is crud in the gas tank and shrinked cracked leather. You have to use a leather conditioner or it will happen. I have dumped far less money into my Lambo than I did into my boat when I owned one. The joke about BOAT stand's for Bust Out Another Thousand is true.

What's nice unlike a boat which you have to haul and launch and deal with all of that or an airplane which has it's issues, is an exotic car is right in your garage. You hop in a go. The only problem is they aren't happy under 90MPH and so you have to break the law to keep the car happy and the cops know it. LOL! I haven't gotten a speeding ticket yet.
                Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-18-2012, 01:27 AM.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2005

*sigh*

Comment

• ashstralia
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Feb 2004

inorite?

lifestyles of the rich and vegas.

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                      *sigh*

Ditto

The 2 best days of your life....

the day you buy a boat and the day you sell it.

I had a 19' ski boat with a Mercury 115 outboard. LOVED it but yeah...dumped a ton of money into it. Water skied at the river, lake, bay...and towards the end started fishing in San Diego Bay. Was great. Actually, I think I spent more money on the truck from towing the thing everywhere. Went through 2 transmission in 11 years. My S-10 Blazer just wasn't built for towing anything that heavy & for as long as I did.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                        ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

post removed
                        Last edited by Dave's Bitch; 03-18-2012, 07:52 PM. Reason: Fuck it,Tried to post a pic but it would not have it
                        I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                        Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by rocking ron
                          Panama was , Dave told this during his Radio Rodeo 'tour' in 2002, the name of a stripper in Albuqueque!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave mentioned this in the breakdown of "Panama" during the 3/09 Buffalo gig...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                            Ditto

The 2 best days of your life....

the day you buy a boat and the day you sell it.

I had a 19' ski boat with a Mercury 115 outboard. LOVED it but yeah...dumped a ton of money into it. Water skied at the river, lake, bay...and towards the end started fishing in San Diego Bay. Was great. Actually, I think I spent more money on the truck from towing the thing everywhere. Went through 2 transmission in 11 years. My S-10 Blazer just wasn't built for towing anything that heavy & for as long as I did.
                            The 700R transmissions in those S-10 Blazers were horrible. I enjoyed my boat but it just was a money pit. It was more thirsty than any sports car is.

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                              The 700R transmissions in those S-10 Blazers were horrible

Plus I was young & dumb. Only had the 2.6 liter engine and lifted the truck & put big tires on it. Not a good combo when you add towing a boat.

Comment

Working...