so...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. twonabomber
    twonabomber
    are we running stock stereos or aftermarket?

i have to find the rest of my pics...
  2. kwame k
    kwame k
    Don't have pics of my stereo sys.......I'm running a 6 speaker sys mounted on the roll bar over the driver and passenger with an all in one thing that comes with a dome light, got it from JC Whitney.........200 watt amp and just using an MP3 player directly into the amp.

3. kwame k
    kwame k
    Just a quick story.......when I first got my Jeep I went and got a stereo/cd player, a power amp and the above mentioned speakers........I was so fucking excited to have killer sound in my Jeep.....sitting in front of the garage jamming out! Sweet..........I decided to take the new system out for a spin..............grabbed some cd's and hit the road..........every bump I hit on the road skipped the cd and got to the point where I couldn't play a cd, it skipped so bad......this was a cheap stereo/cd player but I realized if you wanted tunes while hitting the back trails getting an MP3 player or sat. radio was the way to go......
  4. twonabomber
    twonabomber
    i haven't had any problems in my Wrangler. i had a Sony but i didn't like the EQ, it was really hard to find a setting i liked. so i went back to Pioneer, and got the Sirius brain for it.

now in my J20...which is sprung like a heavy-duty truck...CD's skip like a motherfucker. i had an old Sony in there and it was unbearable. again i went with Pioneer, but i got one with built-in USB.

AND it plays WAV files. i have ten or twelve CD's on an 8 gig thumb drives with no skipping

i'm thinking of picking up two more of the same radio, one for the Wrangler and one for the Wagoneer i bought for a trail rig.
  5. twonabomber
    twonabomber
    and here's what i did with my Sirius brain. i bought an extra IP bus cable off Ebay, and some Molex connectors for the power.

each Jeep has a Sirius antenna on it, and a 12 volt pigtail where the control cable is. i can swap the brain between vehicles, why have three Sirius subscriptions when i'm only going to listen to one at once?
  6. twonabomber
    twonabomber
    but wait, there's more...

put new speakers in the Wrangler, 6 1/2's in the sound bar and 5 1/4's in the dash. had to cut some of the dash and make some brackets.

shoulda done that a long time ago.

i only have 6 1/2's in the doors of the truck and have been trying to decide what i'm going to add to it. i was thinking of a custom "waterfall" box between the seats, kind of like in a 'Vette or Viper.
  7. kwame k
    kwame k
    Sweet system! When I get the $$$$ I'm going to add a subwoofer to my sys.......not a huge boom box but I need more bass.....
  8. twonabomber
    twonabomber
    i'd add a sub to the Wrangler but i have one of the metal add-a-trunks in the back and i don't want to lose that.

the truck will probably get a sub.
  9. kwame k
    kwame k
    Yeah....I have the sub output on my amp so I'm gonna do something with it.....

My Jeep has manual steering and I was thinking about getting power steering.......Any thoughts?
  10. twonabomber
    twonabomber
    if you ever plan on getting bigger tires, i would say do it. shouldn't be too hard, i know the first year TJ's could be had with power or manual steering. may just be a bolt-on project but you'll have to source all the power parts and hoses. the steering box/gear is just a GM/Saginaw box so you could probably find one of those anywhere. i wouldn't be surprised if the pump was a GM piece also. you on any Jeep forums? i'd search those, someone has had to have done the swap by now.

the box in my TJ leaked, we swapped in a box from a '95 Buick Roadmaster wagon and it bolted right up. worst thing was pulling the pitman arm off of it.

my dad worked at the Jeep plant so i kind of have the repair and modification part covered.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast