X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bantonelli
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Nov 2004

TOM PETTY - 2017 Sucks!!!!!!

Breaking the biggest stories in celebrity and entertainment news. Get exclusive access to the latest stories, photos, and video as only TMZ can.
    "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08
  • bantonelli
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Nov 2004

In the wake of the Las Vegas horrific tragedy, a friend pointed out to me that Tom Petty was in cardiac arrest.....no words.
    "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• Von Halen
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Damn. That sucks. Seen him many times over the years. Always thought Mike Campbell was an underrated guitar player.

Comment

• Full Bug
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

Pretty upset at this news, he is one of my favorites, was one of the few shows I never made it to over the years, huge loss to the music world.....
        Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Fairwrning
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Crazy how certain deaths bother you more than others. I never saw him live and I think Damn the Torpedos may be the only lp of his I own. Has to be one of the best song writers ever..

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Even at this point there still seems to be a bit of confusion about whether he is definitely dead or not.

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

The last msn online news update indicated he was still alive.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Statement from Monday

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Don't have the words for this, it just sucks. Loved Petty. Tom Petty dies but Gary Glitter lives...

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Von Halen
                    Damn. That sucks. Seen him many times over the years. Always thought Mike Campbell was an underrated guitar player.
                    Yeah this one stings bad. What a talent.....Getting old sucks....and yeah Mike is a great player. RIP Tom...

Comment

• Grit
                      Roadie
                      • Oct 2011

ffffffuuuuuucccckkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                        Crazy how certain deaths bother you more than others. I never saw him live and I think Damn the Torpedos may be the only lp of his I own. Has to be one of the best song writers ever..
                        He wrote a LOT of good tunes. One of those artists where even if you don't own a single album, you probably know at least a dozen of them note-for-note. Can't say I can even recall a single tune he put out in the last twenty years or so, but even just his first twenty years of releasing music: what a catalog of great rock tunes.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• THEDOCTOR
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Mar 2009

Terry , I've said that exact sentiment for years to people. You may not own a Petty album at all, but you know every song, every word. His songs were memorable, catchy, and oozed Americana. We lost a great one this week.

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Seen on FB...Marble Brewery canning day is Monday. Their small tribute

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Terry
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by THEDOCTOR
                              Terry , I've said that exact sentiment for years to people. You may not own a Petty album at all, but you know every song, every word. His songs were memorable, catchy, and oozed Americana. We lost a great one this week.
                              He WAS so thoroughly...American. One of those guys who really believed in the craft of writing catchy rock tunes. Like, even when he embraced MTV, I never felt that Tom Petty owed his career to MTV...unlike, say, Madonna. Because with Petty it was usually the music rather than the image that carried him through and made what he did memorable.

And it's just a shame. I mean, as I said, I haven't paid much attention to anything he's done in a couple of decades...but all these guys are starting to pass away. Prince, Bowie, Tom Petty. All fairly young, too.
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...