X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

AC\DC announce new album

In the studio, gearing up for the #POWERUPTOUR kicking off in Gelsenkirchen, Germany, in just one week! Photo by Christie Goodwin

‘Rock or Bust,’ the highly anticipated new studio album from AC/DC, will be released December 2, 2014. Featuring 11 new tracks and recorded in Spring 2014 at Warehouse Studio in Vancouver, BC, 'Rock or Bust' finds AC/DC once again working with producer Brendan O’Brien and mixer Mike Fraser.

“Rock or Bust” is the first AC/DC album in the band’s 41 year history without founding member Malcolm Young on the recordings. Earlier this year AC/DC released a statement explaining that due to illness, Malcolm would be taking a break from the band. Unfortunately, due to the nature of Malcolm’s condition, he will not be returning to the band. AC/DC will undertake a world tour in support of ‘Rock or Bust’ in 2015. Stevie Young, nephew of founding members Angus and Malcolm Young, plays rhythm guitar on 'Rock or Bust' and will accompany the band on tour.

Starting September 27, Turner Sports will provide fans a sneak peek of the new track ‘Play Ball’ as part of the 2014 Major League Baseball Postseason campaign. Check back here for more.
  • DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Bummer about Malcolm alright. Seems as though his mystery ailment has forced him into retirement.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Nov 2004

Too sad Malcolm's health problems are very serious...

The others lost no time before recording that new album... I won't buy it, maybe just give it a listen, but as usual I'll hate Brian Johnson's old granny -like squeaks.
      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        'Rock or Bust' finds AC/DC once again working with producer Brendan O’Brien and mixer Mike Fraser.
        Ghey. Even without Malcolm this will be 'Black Ice' part II. These friggin' kangaroo humping rock stars. Time to get out of the sandbox and let others play.

What's next? Steve Perry joins Billy Squier and goes on tour with Donnie Iris?

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Getting old and years of hard living. A lot of these bands are going to hang it up due to old age and health problems. AC/DC started in the 1970's. They rocked for many years. All good things eventually come to an end.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
            Ghey. Even without Malcolm this will be 'Black Ice' part II. These friggin' kangaroo humping rock stars. Time to get out of the sandbox and let others play.

Agreed. Who wants to see a bunch of old men past their prime trying to rock? After a certain age it gets silly. Please don't be wearing the school boy uniform at age 70 Angus.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Time to get out of the sandbox and let others play.
              Unless there's a band out there called "Others", I'm not sure I know of a new band who deserves kick sand around.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

That would be the greatest tour E V E R!!!!
                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                  That would be the greatest tour E V E R!!!!
                  The bill could be:

Steve Perry
                  Billy Squire
                  Donnie Iris
                  Saga
                  Loverboy
                  Quarterflash
                  Chilliwack
                  Sammy Haggar

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

I don't know what Chiliwack is so I guess I'll take a dump and load up on beer during their show. Then it's 5150 Timmmmeeeee!!!!!

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I don't know what Chiliwack is so I guess I'll take a dump and load up on beer during their show. Then it's 5150 Timmmmeeeee!!!!!
                      Chilliwack were a Canadian band from the early 80s. Named after their home town which is about a half hour east of Vancouver BC. Heard them a lot on CFOX FM, which I used to pick up easily on the radio back then, even though I'm 200 miles or so south of there.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I remember when I first got MTV, I saw a video from them about a thousand times. I have no clue what the song was called, but a piece of it is permanently lodged in my cranium.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                          Chilliwack were a Canadian band from the early 80s. Named after their home town which is about a half hour east of Vancouver BC. Heard them a lot on CFOX FM, which I used to pick up easily on the radio back then, even though I'm 200 miles or so south of there.

Finally - Ford posts something good instead of those terdy punk songs I hate!!

And yeah, now I remember this band. Or this song anyway.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Hmmm. The one I'm thinking of had Gone in the chorus, but that wasn't it.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Some of the punk bands out of Vancouver at that time were a lot better than Chilliwack......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...