X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Badguy
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Axl Rose Continues To Be An Anal, Self-Centered Knucklehead

Axl Rose appears to have cancelled all of Guns N Roses’ touring commitments for the rest of the year – including the Reading/Leeds headline shows and their UK tour.

It’s been a little while since we have seen a typically eccentric Axl Rose event, but this would seem to be one of the very best.

A simply post on his official Twitter page says: “All upcoming Guns N' Roses dates are officially cancelled. Please contact your place of purchase for any refunds.”

Now, this has not been confirmed anywhere else. The band’s official website still features the dates, and ticket agencies are still selling tickets.

However, unless Rose’s Twitter account has been hacked or he is simply throwing a tantrum of, well, Axl Rose proportions it seems that the largely sold out shows may not take place after all.

But do not fear just yet – wait for the official announcement before seeking a refund. The shows may still happen.

Source: Planetrock.com

========================

So, who`s surprised?
    sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think that within the next few years Axl will run out of different ways to be a total prick and there will be some sort of a massive GNR reunion tour.

Until that happens I have no interest in seeing him or his hangers on band.

Comment

• VAiN
      Use my hand, I won't look
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      This.
      Originally posted by wiseguy
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

A simply post on his official Twitter page says: “All upcoming Guns N' Roses dates are officially cancelled. Please contact your place of purchase for any refunds.”
        Maybe a full page ad in Rolling Stone, in order to soothe his ego, but Twitter? I mean seriously...Twitter?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Blaze
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

He is in the middle of the lawsuit. It's a muscle flex.
          "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
          sigpic

Comment

• kwame k
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            I think that within the next few years Axl will run out of different ways to be a total prick and there will be some sort of a massive GNR reunion tour.

Kinda sums up my feelings as well............zero interest in anything but the original GNR Band!

PS........ fuck Axl and his childish behavior.
            Originally posted by vandeleur
            E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• BITEYOASS
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

This is the most unsurprising news I've heard all day.

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
                Head Fluffer
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Blaze
                He is in the middle of the lawsuit. It's a muscle flex.
                This is probably true. What is the lawsuit about.

His band plays a set that does most of the songs from AFD. They were good when Buckethead was playing a few years back. But even he has been gone for what 5 years.

++++

Also not sure I would want a original 5 reunion. Matt Sorum is much better then Adler at this point. I could go for Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff & Sorum.

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by atomicpunk5151
                  This is probably true. What is the lawsuit about.
                  Axl Rose, Live Nation sue hell out of each other

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• kwame k
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by atomicpunk5151
                    Also not sure I would want a original 5 reunion. Matt Sorum is much better then Adler at this point. I could go for Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff & Sorum.
                    Forgot about Adler being a walking zombie and I agree 100% with not having him there! I haven't heard anything he's done post-stroke but can't imagine he's up for the challenge.......mentally or physically!
                    Originally posted by vandeleur
                    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Domain for Sale. GunsNRosesFans.com. Request Price. What Are the Advantages of a Super Premium .Com Domain? Increased Traffic. Search Engine Ranking. Brand Recognition. Immediate Presence. Higher Profits. Great Investment. #1 in Premium Domains. 300,000 of the World's Best .Com Domains.

Axl Rose says his former manager tried to implement a scheme to force him to reunite with the original Guns N’ Roses band members and, as part of the plot, failed to properly promote the “Chinese Democracy” album, lied about a prospective Van Halen super tour and mishandled the band’s tour dates.

The claims are part of a bombshell countersuit filed yesterday against Irving Azoff’s Front Line Management. In March, Azoff sued Rose, claiming the rocker violated an oral agreement to pay 15% of earnings, or nearly $2 million, from a lucrative concert tour.
                      Not since the G’N'R song “Get in the Ring” has Rose struck back at a foe so forcefully, alleging antitrust concerns about Front Line’s parent company, Ticketmaster, to drive home a major claim that his former manager is up to no good in the music business.

Azoff,irving Azoff is CEO, director and majority shareholder of Front Line, whose roster of artists include the Eagles, Neil Diamond, Jimmy Buffett, Christina Aguilera and John Mayer. In 2008, Front Line was acquired by Ticketmaster.

Rose claims that through Azoff’s control of the “trifecta” of artist management, concert and touring promotion, and ticket sales, Azoff has been able to gain wide influence and power in the music industry. Azoff allegedly decides what artists he wants to promote through favorable touring deals and uses his power to punish artists and harm their careers if they don’t follow his orders.

When informed of the myriad allegations in the countersuit, Azoff’s lawyer Howard King quipped to us: “He didn’t accuse Irving of being on the grassy knoll in Dallas on November 22, 1963?”

The countersuit invokes the U.S. Justice Department’s recent antitrust lawsuit that sought to stop a proposed merger between Ticketmaster and Live Nation over concerns about the new entity having too much control over artists and venues. Afterwards, Ticketmaster entered into a consent decree with government regulators to allow the merger to continue under certain operating provisions.

Axl’s counter-complaint says that Azoff is violating the consent decree by coercing and bullying artists to do what he wants.

What Azoff wanted, the rocker says, was the reunion of Guns N’ Roses. To execute this, he would sabotage Rose and his new band so that Rose would have no option but to reunite.

According to the filing, “Upon realizing that he couldn’t bully Rose and accomplish his scheme, Azoff resigned and abandoned Guns N’ Roses on the eve of a major tour, filing suit for commissions he didn’t earn and had no right to receive.”

Further, Axl says the botched tour cost him money in production startup and rehearsal expenses. Claiming breach of fiduciary duty, constructive fraud and breach of contract, the singer wants at least $5 million in damages.

The cross-complaint was filed by Skip Miller and Sasha Frid at L.A.’s Miller Barondess.

Comment

• ToraToraTora
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Aug 2010

If Axl Rose was a schizophrenic he would sue himself for being a bad Axl Rose impersonator, then again if he was, 1 of them could tour with G&R

Comment

• GAR
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2004

Crazy? Like a fox.. good luck Axl~!!

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I don't believe Vomit Retriever ever found a singer to replace Junkie Weiland. And I haven't seen a JuJu Hounds record from Izzy in a long time. The solution seems obvious enough.

To everybody but AxHole's ego.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2004

Rose claims that through Azoff’s control of the “trifecta” of artist management, concert and touring promotion, and ticket sales, Azoff has been able to gain wide influence and power in the music industry. Azoff allegedly decides what artists he wants to promote through favorable touring deals and uses his power to punish artists and harm their careers if they don’t follow his orders.
                              Regardless, if Axhole actually thinks this is what down between them (True or otherwise). He is at least correct in his assertion that Azoff has that kind power.
                              The music biz is an industry teeming with Scumbags. I don't doubt for a second that Azoff hasn't used his power to fuck bands over...

But if there was ever a douchebag who needed a wake up slap it's Axhole Pose...
                              Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

Working...