Clear All

• 4 quarters equals a whole for a Farewell Tour

Dave's interaction with the audience and the few kicks he can still do
    +
    Ed's 10 finger assault on the guitar
    +
    (Nothing against Wolfie) Mikes vocals to back up Daves
    +
    Al keeping everything on beat = fellas put all the BS behind you Farewell Tour while everyone is still here!

The real van halen never came here. Or likely will. I don't rate that one off 'Stone' thing.

Thankfully I saw the skyscraper show two nights running.
    3/4 of the EEAS band will have to do me. They did rip, and years later I got to meet Gregg B.
    he's a cool bloke.

Fuck van halen. This is the Roth Army. Get the fucking Billy and Steve magic back, Dave!!

Edit: I'd pay top $ to watch those four rip through the best of Dave's career...
    Last edited by ashstralia; 08-18-2014, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ashstralia View Post
      The real van halen never came here. Or likely will. I don't rate that one off 'Stone' thing.

Thankfully I saw the skyscraper show two nights running.
      3/4 of the EEAS band will have to do me. They did rip, and years later I got to meet Gregg B.
      he's a cool bloke.

Fuck van halen. This is the Roth Army. Get the fucking Billy and Steve magic back, Dave!!

Edit: I'd pay top $ to watch those four rip through the best of Dave's career...
      I think the liklihood of an EEAS reunion is slim, for a number of reasons:

1) Billy and Steve can make more $$$ doing other things.

2) As much as we'd all like to pretend otherwise, there really isn't much of a market for DLR solo. If he did tour, it'd be small gigs with some hired guns. But why do that when you do a handful of VH gigs and make more money?
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

I was in two packed houses. Billy and Steve like playing together. Gregg's a fine bloke and a monstrous drum player. . I wouldn't discount it.

Comment

Originally posted by ashstralia View Post
          Get the fucking Billy and Steve magic back, Dave!!
          If there is a God, hopefully he will never let this happen.

Comment

Ed uses 10 fingers now ??

Comment

Originally posted by binnie View Post
              I think the liklihood of an EEAS reunion is slim, for a number of reasons:

1) Billy and Steve can make more $$$ doing other things.

2) As much as we'd all like to pretend otherwise, there really isn't much of a market for DLR solo. If he did tour, it'd be small gigs with some hired guns. But why do that when you do a handful of VH gigs and make more money?
              Vai is a draw himself these days and a lot of the shredder types look back at the EEAS era in a similar way that thrash fans look back on Sabbath.

That's maybe overstating it a bit but I think the EEAS band could do theaters over here at least but obviously a smaller draw than VH.

Comment

Check out these women...

Comment

I guess you don't meet many women.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                    Check out these women...

I'd fuck her. (The one on the left.)

Comment

Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
                      I guess you don't meet many women.
                      No, I'm married...

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                        Ed uses 10 fingers now ??

Guess you never heard Dave introduce Ed..?
                        Ladies and Gentlemen I like to introduce the King of 10 fingers & Six strings Mr Edward Van Halen!!

Comment

Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
                          Vai is a draw himself these days and a lot of the shredder types look back at the EEAS era in a similar way that thrash fans look back on Sabbath.

That's maybe overstating it a bit but I think the EEAS band could do theaters over here at least but obviously a smaller draw than VH.
                          I'd love it to happen, don't get me wrong. But Vai is probably a bigger draw than Dave these days, so why would he do it?
                          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

Originally posted by binnie View Post
                            I'd love it to happen, don't get me wrong. But Vai is probably a bigger draw than Dave these days, so why would he do it?
                            Only on these G3 or G4 tours he does. Solo in the States, he's not exactly filling the small clubs. I could see him doing a few shows in bigger markets with Roth if it we're put to him, but I doubt it ever would be. Don't forget, a large part of the EEAS band experience was watching them put extra power into the VH classics (which did nothing for me). For Dave to entertain this kind of reunion, I'd say all trucks of the VH train would have to be completely off the rails. Further more, both VH and the EEAS band are getting to be too high octane for ol' Dave to pull off as these wasted weeks, months, years go rushing by in a hurry.

Comment

I wouldn't want to be a promoter trying to work out the economics of booking 80s bands.
                              I hear Skid Row drew 20 people at $25 with 4 support bands last week.

They charge $7500 for a midweek show.

Comment

Working...
                              X